Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2020, 10:39 AM   #1
blazerk5

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Victory Red M6
GMpartsdirect

I would think twice about ordering parts from GMpartsdirect.

Customer service is deplorable. I had ordered parts, after waiting over two weeks to hear anything about my order, I then canceled my order. I contacted customer service four times and was replied back to only once. nothing but silence for the most part.

My order was never canceled, showed up at my door today over a month later, and charged to my card today. Shady business practices.
blazerk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:02 AM   #2
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Sorry to hear that maybe your luck of the draw??? I've ordered through them for years for different cars. I always had good experiences... But I hear you that can be irritating. Hopefully, in the future it's not so bad I'd say give them another try...
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
blazerk5

Thanks. After waiting two weeks I ordered the same parts from GM Parts House, had them within a week, and already installed three weeks ago. I'm all set with GMpartsdirect now.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:16 AM   #4
curt.r

Drives: a Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerk5 View Post
I would think twice about ordering parts from GMpartsdirect.

Customer service is deplorable. I had ordered parts, after waiting over two weeks to hear anything about my order, I then canceled my order. I contacted customer service four times and was replied back to only once. nothing but silence for the most part.

My order was never canceled, showed up at my door today over a month later, and charged to my card today. Shady business practices.
Are you talking about .com or .co? I've used GMPartsdirect.co for years and never experienced any issues with them.
2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - BBK LT Headers w/ High-Flow Cats, MRT v1 Axle-Back, Cold Air Inductions CAI, SLP 1" Drop Springs, Vitesse Throttle Controller, Drake Billet Shifter, NPP rear diffuser, B.E.S.T. Stainless Steel Quad Exhaust, Clear Smoked Side Markers, Anvil Notch Spoiler, SS Front Bumper, Heritage Grille, SLP front splitter
curt.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:52 PM   #5
GK_2012_SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS3 2SS
I have had good customer service from Dallas GM Parts Center.
https://www.dallasgmparts.com/
Old 01-31-2020, 02:44 PM   #6
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
How recent was this order?

I ask because I know during the summer/early fall GM strike that these companies were all affected as well. The entire supply chain was a mess. A few of these generic parts companies, ie. GMpartsgiant, GM parts direct companies are directly affiliated with specific dealers. Not sure about the ones I listed, but those are just examples. As listed above for instance, https://www.dallasgmparts.com/ is just a parts website for Gateway Buick GMC of Dallas. Most people wouldn't notice that unless they were searching for it.

As for support? Yeah, it is always a crap shoot dealing with customer service from a company like this. That is why i will only order very specific parts from them and will go to the dealer if needed. I have had fairly good luck with my local Chevy dealer in regards to prices and especially procurement speed.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:57 PM   #7
blazerk5

The order was delivered this morning. I requested to cancel my order and pay a 35% restocking fee one month ago.
My support ticket was answered with an email once. After that CS never cancelled my order and never responded back to my numerus attempt's for contact.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:04 PM   #8
InFiD3ViL

Quote:
The order was delivered this morning. I requested to cancel my order and pay a 35% restocking fee one month ago.
My support ticket was answered with an email once. After that CS never cancelled my order and never responded back to my numerus attempt's for contact.
Wow, 35%?!

That is nuts. It would be chargeback time for me. Keep all your proof of communication attempts.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
Old 01-31-2020, 03:10 PM   #9
blazerk5

I'm not gonna fight this, just lesson learned again. I didn't have an issue paying the 35%, just wanted my stuff. Took a week to get the parts from GMPartsHouse in the meantime. A month with no contact isn't nice in my book.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:20 PM   #10
InFiD3ViL

Quote:
I'm not gonna fight this, just lesson learned again. I didn't have an issue paying the 35%, just wanted my stuff. Took a week to get the parts from GMPartsHouse in the meantime. A month with no contact isn't nice in my book.
I get it. Sometimes the energy wasted fighting it isn't worth it in the end. Well, depending on the part, hopefully it is something you can either sell or hold on to for a spare.

Thanks for the warning btw.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:29 PM   #11
blazerk5

I can use the parts someday.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:53 PM   #12
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
Wow, that's pretty bad. I used them a couple times and had good service but I wouldn't say I used them enough to say it was a pattern of good service.

Maybe I missed it. When they didn't respond for a month did you reach back out? I find usually if someone doesn't respond to at least acknowledge they are working on a request that it may have some how "slipped through the cracks" and not have been seen.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:21 PM   #13
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
gmpartsdirect.com is located on a dealer lot property in Winston -Salem, NC. They have a non-compete agreement with the dealer's parts department. I was traveling through their town and asked if i could stop in to pick up parts i ordered when they arrived ... but was told that is not allowed per dealer agreement they made.

The GM strike caused my order to stall for over a month. Then, when the part was released by GM, gmpartsdirect created a shipping label but never sent me the part they received from GM. I waited a few days, still was not shipped to me, I called, then found out they did not send me the part because paypal funds i approved over a month ago had reached 30 day limit. gmpartsdirect would have to re-bill me via pay pal. That took another day. Then did not ship the next day either so i called back, the very helpful customer service gal said she would walk back to shipping and ensure the package was sent out as soon as possible. Late the next day the box was shipped out and i received it the next day. Well packed.
They did add new additional staff to try and handle the logistics of getting caught up and answer numerous phone calls.
Best to NOT leave a phone message if voice mail comes on ... try again 15 minutes later ... that usually worked for me in getting hold of customer service rep.
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 04:33 PM   #14
InFiD3ViL

Ahh ok, so they also are somehow affiliated with a dealer as well. I know affiliated may not be the correct word, but it's just something I noticed while researching all of the sites similar to GMpartsdirect.

I also noticed that when ordering from some of these sites, the AC Delco parts I would receive would sometimes have labeling on the individual parts packaging as having come from or through a dealer parts inventory. Basically it would have a dealers name on the sticker.