Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 06-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Funny (or just fun) Stuff

We have a thread for spotting other Camaro's -- but I think we need one to post fun stuff that happens to us with ours -- like when people tell us how awesome they are or we get to see their

We know we like it when people appreciate our cars like we do so....why not have a sharing thread...
That's what I thought - awesome idea. High five for me

I'll start
Last night I'm driving home, pull up to a light and decide to pass the line of semi-slow moving cars. So I pull up next to this white SUV and I look over, and this little kid's staring out the window like this so I giggle a little b/c I love it when I see staring at my car. And then I decided, what the hell, I gave the kid a wave and he whips around to his mom/dad (whomever was driving) and turns back to me with and even bigger (I imagine he was either excited I noticed him or tellimg mommy there was some scary lady waving at him ). So, then the light turns green and I decided, what the hell - I gunned it so the kid could enjoy The Awesome Miss Cherry as she sped away in super loud mode.

Later when I was turning I saw them behind me and I think I saw another kid leaning out the other window to watch me drive off down my road.

Then this AM - I stopp for gas and there's this lady on the other side of the pump and she goes "oh I love the color of your car!" so we start talking about it and blah blah - then she goes "what kind of car is it?" so I said a Camaro and she was like Ooooh nice and complimented Cherry again - said the color was classy and suited me and then she gets in her car to leave, pulls around and stops to give Cherry a look, rolls down the window and is like "I haven't seen a Camaro is so long, very nice!"

I love when people just like to love on my car (without touching! )
Old 06-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Nice...

This past Saturday i was fillling up at my local gas station and a car with 3 early 20"s males get out...all 3 stop dead in there tracks, jaws drop and one kid says...."F...ing Awsome"....he then proceeds to get down on both knees and bow to the ground yelling "im not worthy"

This is in the middle of a gas station with about 10-15 people watching....my wife was with me and she was shocked...she was like "what the hell is he doing" i said...get use to it hun....its only the beggining
Old 06-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
First month I had the car I went to pick up my new glasses, and me and my mom were about to get in my car when this girl walks up from her driver side (probably 19-21) to in front of my car and tells her friend (also 19-21) to be careful opening up the door so you don't hit the nice car, and then turns to me and is like man that car is nice. Her friend got out and was like "omg I love your car" and they stood and talked to me for maybe a minute or two about how they loved it. I felt pimpin
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
I was in a drive through lane in a fast food place. At the window, the lady says, 'Wow... You're car is greeeen.' I laughed and nodded. She says, 'No. I mean... You're car is GREEEEEEEENNNN!!' Huge drawl on the word green!!

I never know what to say to people like that.. Kinda funny though, as I have already figured out my car is GREEEEEEEEEEENNN!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Stopped at the end of my street waiting to pull out onto the main drag, a Harley rider approaching from my left is clearly slowing down, but not enough to let me out. I can see his eyes are glued to the awesome ABM Camaro and just before he passes in front of me I get the "nice car!", a big smile and a thumbs up. You can see that he was impressed. I waved and said thank you.

A day later at the gas pump I was approached by a truck driver who was fueling also and he was tripping over himself checking out the car and asking a bunch of questions, he was amazed to say the least. It never gets old, does it?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
eflynnbot
The People's Choice

Drives: 11 CGM 2SS RS
Was getting gas last week and an old timer gets out of his pick up and starts walking to the pump stops looks at my car looks at me and said "nice car". He then walks closer and checks it out a little more and then says "glad to see they made em look mean again".

Yes old timer, yes they did.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Stopped at the end of my street waiting to pull out onto the main drag, a Harley rider approaching from my left is clearly slowing down, but not enough to let me out. I can see his eyes are glued to the awesome ABM Camaro and just before he passes in front of me I get the "nice car!", a big smile and a thumbs up. You can see that he was impressed. I waved and said thank you.

A day later at the gas pump I was approached by a truck driver who was fueling also and he was tripping over himself checking out the car and asking a bunch of questions, he was amazed to say the least. It never gets old, does it?
Nope, never

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflynnbot View Post
Was getting gas last week and an old timer gets out of his pick up and starts walking to the pump stops looks at my car looks at me and said "nice car". He then walks closer and checks it out a little more and then says "glad to see they made em look mean again".

Yes old timer, yes they did

I had one of the admin's at work spot me getting out of my car the other day, stop me in the parking lot to say my car was snazzy
Yesterday she stops me in the cafeteria and says "I think your cars going to get rained on". LOL! It's funny how once they know it's your car, it becomes the topic of conversation a lot (and not just from me starting it ).

Another woman stopped me in the hall and asked if it was my car and said it was nice.

(Of course, both women had to be corrected when the called Cherry a Mustang but I kinda understand if you don't know cars and only see it from far away - you might not catch that bow tie )
Old 06-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #8
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Nope, never

I had one of the admin's at work spot me getting out of my car the other day, stop me in the parking lot to say my car was snazzy
Yesterday she stops me in the cafeteria and says "I think your cars going to get rained on". LOL! It's funny how once they know it's your car, it becomes the topic of conversation a lot (and not just from me starting it ).

Another woman stopped me in the hall and asked if it was my car and said it was nice.

(Of course, both women had to be corrected when the called Cherry a Mustang but I kinda understand if you don't know cars and only see it from far away - you might not catch that bow tie )

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
HAHA....i was at a light this morning and a couple in a car next to me, mid 30s i would guess, i hear the wife go to her husband...."WOW Babe look at that Porsche" ..............I shook my head and floored it
Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #10
Tessa
Mischief Managed