Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
Hevenom635

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE
Greddy Profec Install Questions

To start off let me say I am a noob when it comes to turbos. I am currently trying to wrap my head around installing a Greddy profec boost controller in my 2013 Camaro SS 1LE with an STS twin turbo system.
Manual -----> http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/Profec_manual.pdf
Im pretty sure I have everything figured out except for where to run the line from the fuel pressure regulator to the sensor unit. It also says I can run it from the hose from the TB to the intake, but I am running a catch can and no longer have that hose. Is the sensor unit just reading vacuum/boost and if so can I just run it to the wastegate reference line? I've been for the past two days and seem to understand it less now then when I started. Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Hevenom635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
Hevenom635

Answer

Finally found the answer after a lot more research.....for anyone else with questions about Greddy profec install
http://www.fd3s.net/profec_install.html
Old 02-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #3
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
In some ways that's not a great diagram. And it isnt really connected to the FPR, it's just sharing that same line with the FPR.

It just needs a manifold pressure source which is what it is really showing.

Do NOT connect this line for your controller to any line attached to the wastegates or boost control solenoids.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #4
Hevenom635

I have the wastegate reference line teed into the brake booster line. I also have the sensor for the controller teed off the brake booster line. Is this incorrect and if so why? Top port of the wastegate is going to the solenoid valve along with a line from the charge tube going to the other side of the valve.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
bayarea408

Drives: T
I saw these while shopping for a boost controller, they look real neat but i saw it came with Japanese character instructions and it kind of pushed me away. I hope it works well for you. post a little clip when you get it running.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #6
stevieturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevenom635 View Post
I have the wastegate reference line teed into the brake booster line. I also have the sensor for the controller teed off the brake booster line. Is this incorrect and if so why? Top port of the wastegate is going to the solenoid valve along with a line from the charge tube going to the other side of the valve.

I would never feed the wastegate or boost solenoids from the intake...there is no reason to ever do this and no good instructions will ever show to do this, and given the wastegate system leaks...this in turn will cause leaks on that entire line. ie it can leak vacuum to the booster and under pressure leak signal to anything fed off it.

Any gauge, map sensor, FPR etc or any critical items like that should never be attached to any line with leaks on it. You could connect all 3 of those together if you wished from a dedicated port on the intake manifold.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:49 PM   #7
Hevenom635

Thanks for the info and it makes sense. Can I just move the WG reference line to right before the TB and leave gauges and controller on the booster line?
Old 02-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #8
stevieturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevenom635 View Post
Thanks for the info and it makes sense. Can I just move the WG reference line to right before the TB and leave gauges and controller on the booster line?
I would certainly say that is a better way to have things.

Tags
boost controller, sts