Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 10-06-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
A62010SS

Drives: 2010SS
New Indianapolis Area LSx Shop??

I have heard through a few folks that there may be a new LSx based performance shop opening up in the Indianapolis area and was wondering if there are any shops in Indy to start with. I travel up that way from time to time and do not recall something near the actual city.
It is supposed to be an established shop from out of state either opening a second location or totally relocating. It is supposed to be a full dyno, tuning and install facility.
Of course there is LPE and LMS and a couple others, but they are pretty much up in the northern areas of the state.
So I guess the question would be is there a need in the Indy area for an LSx shop? From what I have looked into it could be a good thing for folks.
A62010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
A62010SS

Drives: 2010SS
Wow, no input at all on this. Not sure if this means there are plenty of shops and none needed or if there are just no 5th Gens in the Indy area. I see a lot of threads with Indy locals so I would think there is some kind of opinion or input here.
A62010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
Purdue2011SS
Boiler Up!! POTFH

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
I have no idea on any shops man, sry i cant help you out
Old 10-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

Hey All,

Not sure where you got the info or if it was pertaining to myself, but I will be moving my shop from Central Florida to Indianapolis (most likely on the NE side) at the end of the year and most likely just after the first of the year.

I plan on making an announcement here in this section shortly and here is the post related to me leaving FL. Hopefully I can help a few folks out up that way.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49046

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Indy Cylinder Head They may only sell parts though. Don't know about installation, dyno, and etc... I've been there once, and got some heads
Old 10-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

I know those GPS points, right at IMS

Mike Norris
Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
I know those GPS points, right at IMS

Mike Norris
Yeah, I would live there if I could Welcome to Indy! I hope for your sake that we live up to our name of being the racing capital of the world!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by A62010SS View Post
I have heard through a few folks that there may be a new LSx based performance shop opening up in the Indianapolis area and was wondering if there are any shops in Indy to start with. I travel up that way from time to time and do not recall something near the actual city.
It is supposed to be an established shop from out of state either opening a second location or totally relocating. It is supposed to be a full dyno, tuning and install facility.
Of course there is LPE and LMS and a couple others, but they are pretty much up in the northern areas of the state.
So I guess the question would be is there a need in the Indy area for an LSx shop? From what I have looked into it could be a good thing for folks.

If what you heard is related to Mike Norris (who posted above) then it is ALL GOOD. Mike is a great guy and know his $#!t when it comes to LSx's. He comes highly recommended. You guys will be very happy.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #9
Mister HP

Drives: Speed Shop owner
Quote:
Hey All,

Not sure where you got the info or if it was pertaining to myself, but I will be moving my shop from Central Florida to Indianapolis (most likely on the NE side) at the end of the year and most likely just after the first of the year.

I plan on making an announcement here in this section shortly and here is the post related to me leaving FL. Hopefully I can help a few folks out up that way.

Mike Norris
Good to hear you will be in the neighborhood Mike
we will have to get together, and show you some of the "finer" parts of Indy, he he

Ed
Mister HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:26 AM   #10
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Hey All,

Mike Norris
Welcome back to Indy!! You are needed!!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

speedster, thanks for the kind words to say the least. I will be back in the area from time to time for tuning, so if you need anything just let me know

Hey Ed, sounds good. Whether it is St Elmos and the Claddagh, or if you mean Babes and Brads, it all sounds good

hrpiii, thanks and maybe I will catch you up there the week of Thanksgiving.

Mike Norris
Old 11-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #12
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
Welcome Indy Mike we need a shop yours around here! A racing capital with a lack of speed shops. Looking for a good painter for my rally stripes. Know anyone?
Thanks.
wer2foxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:14 AM   #13
DirtTrackFan
LB#18057

Drives: 15 Chevy CC LTZ Z71,10 CamaroSS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to DirtTrackFan
Welcome to the Hoosier state Mike! Now get ready for winter .

LB

Last edited by DirtTrackFan; 11-13-2009 at 05:06 AM.
DirtTrackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #14
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

Thanks wer2foxs,

I will have to check and see who is still around from when I was there before. One of the guys I used to work with at Blossom Chevrolet was doing most of the paint work for Steve Schmidt's Pro Stock cars.

Thanks to you DirtTrackFan,

Been there before and pretty much ready for January and February up there. Just need to get rid of the two wheel drive Avalanche and look for an AWD.

Seeing your avatar reminds me of another great reason to head to Indy. Looking forward to getting back into a bunch of dirt track and sprint car racing again.

Mike Norris