Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 03-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
2010 SW Ohio and vicinity get together ideas

Ok fellow Camaro owners, the spring is upon on us and I have been storming for some idea on what to do this year as far as get togethers. This is what I have come up with so far. Dates have not been determined but will fall into place as time allows. The events encompass a variety of areas as to not leave one group always driving far.

#1 March 28th is a get together at HeinzD01's shop to install parts prior to C5 Fest. Check out the link below for more information about this get together. Thanks D for putting this on!!!

Meet at HeinzD01

#2 Craig at CincySpeed in Hamilton County Ohio is planning a DynoDay with a bunch of 2010s to come down and have a chance to check out the shop and dyno their car prior to C5 Fest. Not sure when/if that will pan out prior to April 15 but they are working on it. I will keep everyone in the loop as information becomes available.

#3 I am working to put together a summer get together at my place where people can take a nice drive to Brown County Ohio and enjoy the countryside. We will probably take an afternoon drive and head to a local winery where they do a "cook your own" steak or salmon dinner with all the fixens. It’s a good time and a nice place to relax and enjoy some of the wines southern Ohio has to offer. After dinner we could head back to my place and have a bonfire and just hang out.

#4 A good place to have a meeting is at the VOA park in West Chester in Butler County Ohio. This was the site of our initial meeting back in 2009 and the area has a lot to offer. There is plenty of parking, grilles, places to walk...etc.

#5 There are some very nice areas around Caesar Creek Lake in Warren County Ohio that would do good to hold a get together this summer. Many areas have grilles with picnic tables and plenty of parking.

#6 In the fall (October) I am going to organize another Hocking Hills fall foliage drive. It went over very well last year and the scenery was beautiful. Hopefully we will be blessed with the same weather this year!

Also, every Friday there are cruise ins at the KMart in Dayton (not sure exactly where) and the Kroger in Milford off 275 at route 28. Both spots offer a couple hundred cars and are going on every week April thru September. I am sure you will always a find some of us at these locations. I know I plan to stop at both periodically this year.

If anyone has any ideas on dates, would like to help plan or has any other ideas, please, post them here.

I look forward to seeing a lot of people out and about this year enjoying our cars...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
My thoughts

#7 Thread re: Kentucky/Ohio/Indiana get together http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67052

#8 Patterson Homestead in Dayton where LadyinBlue I believe works.

#9 Amber Rose restaurant in Dayton

#10 John Bryan State Park

#11 Young's Dairy in Springfield

#12 Kentucky Bourbon Trail

#13 Drag and/or autocross courses
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Ohhh, yea, Amber Rose! Forgot about that! Yummy!

Good ideas! Now we have to find enough time!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
We did a "Track Day" last year. We all meet at the shop and had a "wagon Train" to Tri-State. Id say there were probably 20-25 cars.
It was a GREAT oppurtunity for first time racers to experience the 1/4 mile. We showed them how to stage, what each light on the tree was and what to watch going down the track. We even showed a couple people how to do a burnout.

I would still like to do a Dyno Day Pre C5fest, so let me know what weekend works best.

Im thinking $50 for 2 pulls and if you come back to Cincy Speed for some shop labor, Ill credit your $50 back.

LMK.
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Sounds like a great compilation of ideas guys, I know I'll be up for anything that involves tons of camaro's getting together :P. Not sure if my mom (ladyinblue) will be available for everything but looks like I'm going to be working on my cousin's '75 maro this summer so I may be able to take it to some of the meetings. Yes my mom does work at the patterson homestead, there is a nice big parking lot, off the main road, perfect place to hang out. Im sure she would be up for us meeting there (plus its very close to our home). Cant wait for the show season to start!!

** As an update, I just received news that March 20th - weather permitting - will be the first time that Kilkare Raceway is open for their Test & Tune. If I remember correctly to run your car its $15 to drive, and $5 to spectate. Their prices may have increased this year but i'm not sure.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkss View Post
We did a "Track Day" last year. We all meet at the shop and had a "wagon Train" to Tri-State. Id say there were probably 20-25 cars.
It was a GREAT oppurtunity for first time racers to experience the 1/4 mile. We showed them how to stage, what each light on the tree was and what to watch going down the track. We even showed a couple people how to do a burnout.

I would still like to do a Dyno Day Pre C5fest, so let me know what weekend works best.

Im thinking $50 for 2 pulls and if you come back to Cincy Speed for some shop labor, Ill credit your $50 back.

LMK.
Crap Craig, my weekends before C5F look terrible... lets see,

3/20 - probably not nice enough - unless we can coordinate with the Kilkare thing???
3/27- this MAY work, birthday dinner I think is cancelled (better check though)
4/3 - This is the day before Easter... is that an option?
4/10 - Out for sure, going to Equine Affair for Kristen's B/day.
4/17 - CF5!

So... what about the 3rd?
Old 03-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

This has popped up April 24/25:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69990

I am interested.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

This came up:

Mid Ohio
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
I really would like to get a bunch of people to go to Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course to do a day at the track.

This could be as expensive as $425, but could come down if we do a group discount. I would be happy/willing to coordinate, but don't want to waste my time if we can't get enough interest.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #10
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I really would like to get a bunch of people to go to Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course to do a day at the track.

This could be as expensive as $425, but could come down if we do a group discount. I would be happy/willing to coordinate, but don't want to waste my time if we can't get enough interest.
What can and can't we do at the track for $425? What are the rules? I've never been. Is that for all day?
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #11
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post

You can count me in. I have wanted to do this but don't have time to organize it.

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #12
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

I am a possibility... $425 seem steep but may be able to fit it in IF its a lot of track time and my wife can drive too...
Old 03-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I don't think I'd want to race, but I'd like to be a spectator if it's on a day I can make it.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
They call it a "advanced defensive driving" class or something like that. There is class room time and seat time on the track.

The way it works for motorcycles is usually 30 to 45 minutes on and off the track. You are pretty worn out on motorcycles. That is where the pictures in my on album came from. The two different track days I did on my bike.

It really teaches you the limits and potential of your car. Not to mention it gives you the chance to be in triple digits LEGALLY!

If you have never been to mid-ohio track, it is awesome.

It is considered a training class so it is covered on "most" insurances if you happen to damage the car at all.

I will get some more information from the track tomorrow. I will call, not sure if some one is there to get the answers though.

As soon as I get more information, I will start a new thread and post what I have found out.