Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #15
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Got a appointment with dealer on Tues. and they said it should not be that hard. So we will see.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #16
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Got a appointment with dealer on Tues. and they said it should not be that hard. So we will see.
13vertss/r's,

My apologies about your convertible top latch concerns. I realize how concerning that would be and apologize for any displeasure. Keep us posted on the results of your dealer visit. If necessary, I can contact their designated Customer Experience Manager if you have any additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #17
13vertss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
13vertss/r's,

My apologies about your convertible top latch concerns. I realize how concerning that would be and apologize for any displeasure. Keep us posted on the results of your dealer visit. If necessary, I can contact their designated Customer Experience Manager if you have any additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I hope it goes well. I surprised the wife with this car and traded in her Mustang, so if she can't get the top to latch, I will never hear the end of it.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #18
wrnmack

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Convertible
My wife has some struggles, 4' 10" 95 pounds, so I definitely feel your pain.

If they are able to make it easier please let me know!
Old 09-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #19
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I hope it goes well. I surprised the wife with this car and traded in her Mustang, so if she can't get the top to latch, I will never hear the end of it.
Well, we definitely wouldn't want her to mention the Mustang again now would we? . Please be sure to let me know how it turns out. I'm here via private message if you have any additional questions.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #20
13vertss

Got my car back today and the top seems much easier. They said Thad did some adjustments to loosen it up. I'm going to put the top down overnight as it seemed to be harder the longer the top was down. But so far so good.
As a side question, does everyone else's door windows hit the top molding as you open the door? The windows drop when I open, but they still rub.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #21
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Quote:
Got my car back today and the top seems much easier. They said Thad did some adjustments to loosen it up. I'm going to put the top down overnight as it seemed to be harder the longer the top was down. But so far so good.
As a side question, does everyone else's door windows hit the top molding as you open the door? The windows drop when I open, but they still rub.
I have a 2012 convertible and the driver's window has caught the top since it was new. A few days ago I had my car at my EX-dealer. They had a new top installed and even that didn't correct the problem.

The shop foreman tried to adjust the height the window will close. He made a very, very slight improvement. He suggested that if he was able to adjust the window so it would stop at a height where the window wouldn't catch the molding, I'd probably get wind or rain intrusion.

His conclusion was I should live with the problem and I'm inclined to agree at this point. By habit, I slowly open the door and give it time to index before I pull it open...but I cringe anytime someone else approaches my driver's door and tries to open it like a car door should be opened.

Subsequent to that visit I did a search on Camaro 5 and it seems it's a common problem. I didn't find anyone in the search that said their problem was corrected, except I do remember someone on the convertible forum recently said he had his corrected.
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #22
13vertss

Well tried the top this mourning and it was a piece of cake. Way better then before. Now I feel better that my wife won't have issues.

Thanks for the window report, so it sounds like this is normal.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #23
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
Quote:
Well tried the top this mourning and it was a piece of cake. Way better then before. Now I feel better that my wife won't have issues.

Thanks for the window report, so it sounds like this is normal.
good glad you got that taken care of, No mustangs now...LOL
Old 09-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #24
taf21979

Drives: 2013 2ss vert
I took my 13 camaro in for this problem last year. I told them there's no way my wife can latch this and there's times where I have to use two hands to latch it. The service guy got in to try it(big guy)and also had problems and told me that's how they all are. So we pulled in another one off the lot and it was a little better but not much. They said there's nothing they can do. So I have a 45k vert that my wife can't drive without me. My last vert with a latch was my 1994 cutlass and I have had 5 since then someone needs to get with the times and same with parade boot really also a 1994 option. I'm scared to go back to dealer because both times it was there it came out with dents both times and a cracked bumper. Dealer did take care of all three but not the point.
taf21979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #25
13vertss

This is what was wrote on my receipt.
Found PI0997 to adjust folding top side body brackets, adjusted them, folding to close easy now.

Don't know how long it took, but it worked.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #26
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
My window never catches on the top when opening the door. As soon as you pull the latch is should drop down 3/4 of a inch and totally miss the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #27
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
My window never catches on the top when opening the door. As soon as you pull the latch is should drop down 3/4 of a inch and totally miss the top.

Same here.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #28
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
Same here.
The window indexes fine. It's just not fast enough to clear the top's molding when opened normally. You guys should consider yourselves lucky you don't have the problem

On the other hand, the new top's latch is only slightly harder to close than the original.
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote