Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #15
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
My credit was tanked by my divorce 3 years ago, but my current wife has done wonders to it. We were able to get the VA mortgage to go through, with weeks of mitigating, and now own a home! That alone will jump my credit immensely (not to mention the cost of my mortgage/insurance/taxes is way less than the rent I was paying).

So by the time the verts are out our Trailblazer will be paid off and we'll be sitting very pretty. I've got 2 years left before I have to worry about...which is awful and great at the same time.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #16
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Regarding this credit issue. If anyone ordered a Camaro and doesn't have financing in place, you should really cancel your order until you do. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy by saying you ordered a car you can't pay for, you are holding up someone elses order in front of yours. Also, if you choose not to cancel and the car comes in and the dealer keeps your deposit, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Just my opinion.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #17
diddiyo

Drives: .
in case you're referring to my thread, i said i have a +750 score and could put down +11k (depending when the car would be here) for a V6. Not even close to a 30k loan.

Re-read the thread. What I wasnt sure about is how credit score and credit limit work together. And ever since I read the answers (first time buyer, no co signer etc) I realized I won't be ordering any time soon or maybe even order at all. Only time will tell.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Regarding this credit issue. If anyone ordered a Camaro and doesn't have financing in place, you should really cancel your order until you do. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy by saying you ordered a car you can't pay for, you are holding up someone elses order in front of yours. Also, if you choose not to cancel and the car comes in and the dealer keeps your deposit, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Just my opinion.
I know you are referring to me, and I don't appreciate it. I can afford the car, and I may not have financing in place, but I have already had a credit check done and been approved.

You really have no right to say "you are holding a spot for some one who wants a car" to anyone. If a dealer is stupid enough to order a car before they do some checks on the persons income and credit then that risk is completely on them.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #19
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I have my loan approved and on hold for 60 days. I just need the VIN number. If it is not here by then I will just resubmit the loan. By the way, make sure you are looking around. I found a loan for 4.75% on 72 months. Do not really need that long, but to finance it out just in case something happens is not a bad way to go.

So far the job is holding on, and I have just about half of the car saved up. We will see how it works.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #20
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
in case you're referring to my thread, i said i have a +750 score and could put down +11k (depending when the car would be here) for a V6. Not even close to a 30k loan.

Re-read the thread. What I wasnt sure about is how credit score and credit limit work together. And ever since I read the answers (first time buyer, no co signer etc) I realized I won't be ordering any time soon or maybe even order at all. Only time will tell.
No it wasn't you; I was thinking of the guy in the thread who mentioned wanting to get a credit card to start building credit for the car loan.

Maybe I misunderstood but regardless I'm sure there are some people who need to ensure they are ready before their car comes.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #21
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindingillusion View Post

You really have no right to say "you are holding a spot for some one who wants a car" to anyone. If a dealer is stupid enough to order a car before they do some checks on the persons income and credit then that risk is completely on them.

+1

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #22
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:

Just my opinion.
Yeah, not to seem mean, but that statement just sounds greedy and arrogant. How we choose to buy our dream car is how we choose, and may only have a certain choice because of our situation. Not all of us work jobs that pay enough to afford us the opportunity to pay for a $35k-plus car with cash. I'd personally love to pay cash and not have a car payment, but then I wouldn't be able to buy the Camaro until the 6th gen comes out, if that happens. So please just don't say stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
Just don't pull us fellow Camaro owners for speeding!!

I've been saving for awhile too. Should be close to a cash deal.
Ravensjeff, no way!!! When I see another Camaro, I will literally forget I'm in a cruiser and just pause to admire its greatness. Then when I come back to reality, let's just say the blinders will be on. Now as for those Mustangs...

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #23
RPO_Z28

I was not referring to anyone in particular.

It just makes sense to me. You don't have to agree with it but that's what discussions are all about. Not looking to offend anyone.

All I know is if my order was number two and number one was not paying cash and could not get financed, he should move out of the way. That's all.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #24
RPO_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Yeah, not to seem mean, but that statement just sounds greedy and arrogant. How we choose to buy our dream car is how we choose, and may only have a certain choice because of our situation. Not all of us work jobs that pay enough to afford us the opportunity to pay for a $35k-plus car with cash. I'd personally love to pay cash and not have a car payment, but then I wouldn't be able to buy the Camaro until the 6th gen comes out, if that happens. So please just don't say stuff like that.

Ravensjeff, no way!!! When I see another Camaro, I will literally forget I'm in a cruiser and just pause to admire its greatness. Then when I come back to reality, let's just say the blinders will be on. Now as for those Mustangs...
Say stuff like what? It was not about paying cash. If your credit is turned down now and you have an incredibly low score (under 600), chances are you won't be approved by the time the car arrives (if early enough). If that's the case, why should the dealer stock the car the way the customer (who can't pay for it) wants it and/or hold up someone else behind him?

That's all.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #25
RPO_Z28

""You really have no right to say "you are holding a spot for some one who wants a car" to anyone. If a dealer is stupid enough to order a car before they do some checks on the persons income and credit then that risk is completely on them.""

That's exactly my point! Why would a dealer order a car for someone without a credit check first? Thank you for agreeing with me.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #26
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
""You really have no right to say "you are holding a spot for some one who wants a car" to anyone. If a dealer is stupid enough to order a car before they do some checks on the persons income and credit then that risk is completely on them.""

That's exactly my point! Why would a dealer order a car for someone without a credit check first? Thank you for agreeing with me.
I will say I agree with you about the credit, and I apologize for overlooking that aspect of your comments. Every buyer should be at least somewhat aware of where they stand with their credit, for their own sake. And not just for car-buying, but for their overall position. But concerning the Camaro, if your credit's in the toilet and you're preordering with the intention of financing, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment in these times. Even if that person got approved, their interest rate would be astronomical, and then you're just paying way too much for the car.

As for me, my dealer checked my credit when I placed my order. Actually, he didn't, but he did just a few months prior when I was considering another vehicle, and the score was great. He didn't want to run it again since he would have to anyway when I take delivery, and I'm quite sure my credit is as good or better than it was a few months ago.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #27
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm not remotely ready to purchase a Camaro. While I'm working every available overtime shift, it is still unlikely that I can make the purchase next year. My newest possibility is swapping a lease with a Corvette owner until I can either afford to play with the old Corvette or purchase a slightly used Camaro SS. Either way, you'll see me at the track throwing down.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:55 AM   #28
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
I was not referring to anyone in particular.

It just makes sense to me. You don't have to agree with it but that's what discussions are all about. Not looking to offend anyone.

All I know is if my order was number two and number one was not paying cash and could not get financed, he should move out of the way. That's all.
For the record, I completely agree with you. This recession/depression was born because banks got loose with lending and people were not responsible with it. So I agree if you can't buy the car, get the hell out of the way.

Again, it doesn't effect me as I'm sitting here waiting for more teasers of ragtops...but it will eventually.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote