Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Squeaky brakes

I have a 2011 2LS that I got brand new July 29, 2011. Once in a while (usually during the winter when it gets down to 40 in Texas) it'll squeak whenever I back out of my driveway. But afterwards the squeak would go away. Right now its a fresh 82 outside and I used some Turtle Wax tire shine around 3 hours ago. I backed out of my driveway so my mom's trailblazer can get out (its a one car garage so my Camaro goes in and my mom's stays out) and whenever I would gently press on the brakes it would squeak REALLY loud. It's a lot louder than normal. Any ideas what it could be?
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Just a guess, but you might have some tire shine on the rotors. Try some spray brake cleaner on the rotors to get the tire shine off, but it would be a good idea to take the rims off as to not damage them with the spray.

After that bed in the brake pads, which has been dicussed on here many times before and that should help with the sqeaky brakes.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote