Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
camarotoofast
VIN #586 is Home

Drives: 00 Z28 Camaro 69 camaro 81 cam
Send a message via Yahoo to camarotoofast
mph jumps around & hump in dash

Looks like Iam dropN her off at the dealer wed.6/24. My mph jumps and sticks around 40+ mph ,when i let off the gas the needle sticks every 5 mph till it drops to 39mph. Its been doing it for the past 2weeks. My D.I.C mph it seems too be perfect.But today i look down at my D.I.C doing 80 mph and my guage says 180mph...

I have looked on here and found ,fbodyfather said it could be the needle is push on to close,but i dont think it's that,when you start it it does a clean sweep....

2nd problem or maybe not ,I need to ask you guys do you have a hump on your pass.side dash? Rub your hand from the center speaker across to your a-piller.Is that do to the airbag? I have not been in another 2010 yet to see. Heres a pic kinda hard too see.

3rd problem looks like my driver side door panel is sheding/flakin not bad but dont know if it can get worse in TX heat...

Yes I know these things happen on a early run #586( there are many other issue's but these are the ones that need to get fix) but i just need to know if you guy's seen this on the 2nd & 3rd problem before i tell my dealer whats up...Thanks

Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarotoofast View Post
Looks like Iam dropN her off at the dealer wed.6/24. My mph jumps and sticks around 40+ mph ,when i let off the gas the needle sticks every 5 mph till it drops to 39mph. Its been doing it for the past 2weeks. My D.I.C mph it seems too be perfect.But today i look down at my D.I.C doing 80 mph and my guage says 180mph...

I have looked on here and found ,fbodyfather said it could be the needle is push on to close,but i dont think it's that,when you start it it does a clean sweep....

2nd problem or maybe not ,I need to ask you guys do you have a hump on yor pass.side dash? Rub your hand from the center speaker across to your a-piller.Is that do to the airbag? I have not been in another 2010 yet to see. Heres a pic kinda hard too see.

3rd problem looks like my driver side door panel is sheding/flakin not bad but dont know if it can get worse in TX heat...

Yes I know these things happen on a early run #586( there are many other issue's but these are the ones that need to get fix) but i just need to know if you guy's seen this on the 2nd & 3rd problem before i tell my dealer whats up...Thanks

Well, fbod did refer to the speedo problem. You said it does a clean sweep on start up, but the car parts can expand and contract (ever so minutely) depending on interior heat, humidity, A/C being on, accelerating, decelerating. Being an early VIN, I bet they would replace it no questions asked since it is a known fault.

The dash looks a little suspicious.

The flaking - buy some Head & Shoulders then shampoo, rinse. Repeat - j/k...

Sometimes there is a thin protective layer put on smaller parts (especially rubber) to protect them from hacks and UV. I know that some of the weatherstripping on many of my vehicles had some 'flaking' early on.

Good Luck with it.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
The Tach sticking issue is known and will be replaced under warranty. The bad part is you will be without your car for a few days as they have to take out the entire cluster - send it in for service, then wait for it to come back.

Already had it done on mine.

No clue about the dash issue... take it in and have them replace it if you don't like it. Be mindful of the squeeks and rattles afterward though :(
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote