Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
tysoncrosby21

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS Black
To any LS owner with the oracle fog light kit

How is this kit wired. I see they sell the t-tap to splice into the wiring for the side markers but then how do you connect the splice into the bulb. What kind of wiring/harness do they use to go from the splice to the actual bulb itself.

I have been looking at adding fogs to my LS myself and all the bulbs I have seen have a connector on the end rather than open wires.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-White-...7d2169&vxp=mtr

Just an example of what I'm talking about. Well I am wondering how this kit gets wired up if all you have for wiring are two t-taps and a few inches of wire with insulated connectors on each end.

What connects to the actual bulb itself?

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Chevy-Camar...-DRL-a/346.htm

I am asking due to the above description. The wiring kit in this picture is what appears to be the same parts as we get in the oracle kit. However, the areas you splice into on the fog light harness don't exist on the LS.....
tysoncrosby21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camaro-Fog-L...dec2fd&vxp=mtr

this harness has the correct sockets or PM member 2SSRS on here and he can make you one.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #3
zer0ss

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 LFX
The oracle kit comes with the "bulb cradle" for lack of a better term - it is a white plastic connector that snaps into the fog light housing and provides a two pin male connector. The t-tap from oracle supplies the female adapter. How you actually wire it is up to you.

Most tap the sidemarkers, they are close and you have the ability to turn them on and off from the cabin already - or you can run a Bussmann add-a-fuse kit to an empty slot in the fuse box to a toggle in cabin and power it that way.
Sound: Two 12" Kicker Comp Subs in ******** Enclosure
zer0ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
tysoncrosby21

http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/r...hPowerLEDs.jpg

The white piece on the end of the wire there? The t-tap plugs into that two pin connector?
Old 09-24-2012, 01:27 AM   #5
zer0ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysoncrosby21 View Post
http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/r...hPowerLEDs.jpg

The white piece on the end of the wire there?
Yes - but in that picture, they are just using the white piece as a rear-view. Its all one piece for my oracle kit - give me a minute and I'll take a picture of my yet-to-be-installed hardware.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #6
tysoncrosby21

http://www.hidguy.net/Lighting/LED-B...ath=534_540_38

One piece like that?
Old 09-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #7
zer0ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysoncrosby21 View Post
That shows the bulb seated on the cradle - its actually two pieces. Because of some complaints, Oracle/AAC began seating the plasma leds onto the cradle before shipping because some DIYers were snapping the plastic tabs while seating the bulbs.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #8
tysoncrosby21

So the t-tap splices into the side marker (if you choose) and then the female end just plugs into one of the two male pins, or do you run two t-taps and splice two times and connect to both pins?
Old 09-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #9
zer0ss

4 t-taps total, each bulb has a positive and negative (ground) pin.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:48 AM   #10
tysoncrosby21

Assuming than that the splice is done on each wire for the side marker (positive and ground)
Old 09-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #11
tysoncrosby21

Oh and would you still be willing to post up a picture of the hardware you got, just so I can see what's going where so when I get the kit I'll know what to expect.

Thanks.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #12
zer0ss

Forgive the bad cell phone pic. The foglight housing & bulbs X 2 - 4 total t-taps and wires. Not pictured are the supplied bezels.

In the picture you can see that the bulb is already seated on the cradle.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:05 AM   #13
zer0ss

Also - if you want to see how they look installed from behind the fascia - check out oracles DIY video on fog light halo installs. While it won't give you any specifics, you can see where they tap into the front fascia wiring harness - you may want to mute your speakers though, its got some horrible muzak track.

Last edited by zer0ss; 09-24-2012 at 02:05 AM. Reason: spelling was atrocious...
Old 09-24-2012, 02:15 AM   #14
zer0ss

Oh - 'detailed' instructions on phasetek's site click the installation instructions tab.