Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
How would our A6 LFX respond with a posi 3.91

Anybody got this set up yet?
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
bcwooten85

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Old 11-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
You know unless you do an SS or M6 diff swap you will not be able to install a posi unit into our A6 diffs. <---- 2012 LFX A6 I'm talking about. I am installing a New Chevy OEM 3:42 posi setup this winter. The car should have a great holeshot with the 3:91 diff.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
zer0ss

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
You know unless you do an SS or M6 diff swap you will not be able to install a posi unit into our A6 diffs. <---- 2012 LFX A6 I'm talking about. I am installing a New Chevy OEM 3:42 posi setup this winter. The car should have a great holeshot with the 3:91 diff.
I've been looking at a diff swap along with going FI. Seems like the full swap generally costs 2-3K.
Sound: Two 12" Kicker Comp Subs in ******** Enclosure
zer0ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
C-redfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Yea I am aware that the differentials are different and I need to do a full swap of hubs, axles as well.
3.42's would be great but if i am gonna spend the money I'm gonna go all out with the 3.91's
Old 11-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Have you graphed the change in where the shift points and cruising rpm will end up? I suppose it doesn't matter as much with an A6 (although there will be a greater RPM change than an M6 car), but I think in an M6 car, it adds another shift at the end of a quarter mile run, for example. Since the torque curve is acceptable above a certain RPM on these engines, I'm not too concerned about having the cruise RPM higher, either.

For the M6 cars, it's "just" the R&P, and a set-up person who knows their stuff, right?

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
wyd_trkr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT/RS A8
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0ss View Post
I've been looking at a diff swap along with going FI. Seems like the full swap generally costs 2-3K.
Wouldn't it be much easier to buy an SS in the first place, verses change the the entire differentail and have to go to the expense of having someone recalibrate the A6 Transmission etc. Just sayin', as because if I wanted to go the more performance route, I would've bought an SS under warranty to have more horsepower and performance, rather than trying to make a car do the same thing and costing more money, when the SS does out of the box!....
My Link Navigation
Onstar & Bluetooth Built-In
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Mailto: wyd_trkr@bellsouth.net
wyd_trkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
C-redfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd_trkr View Post
Wouldn't it be much easier to buy an SS in the first place, verses change the the entire differentail and have to go to the expense of having someone recalibrate the A6 Transmission etc. Just sayin', as because if I wanted to go the more performance route, I would've bought an SS under warranty to have more horsepower and performance, rather than trying to make a car do the same thing and costing more money, when the SS does out of the box!....
Yea your correct if you wanted more performance then a SS would be the route to take. But in this case my finance got a great deal on 2011 v6 and we want to keep the car note down low. So we want to give it more low end pull hence the 3.91's