Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 01-23-2013, 05:15 AM   #15
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Antifreeze is cheaper
Old 01-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #16
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
The egging stuff is terrible, I think I would have to look into cameras for that. If someone egged me and I knew who it was, kid or not, they would be in deep.

No new muddy cat paw prints this morning. So far, so good. New locking trash cans/Camaro 1 - Stupid cat 0.

Yeah, I have a friend in the security business, so I have access to some great equipment, but its still very expensive........so for now the cover takes care of a few concerns.....ie, bird sh!t, eggs, cats, and since the cover has a cable lock it also works for those a--holes that check for unsecured doors on vehicles (which is also a huge problem in this area) and trust me, if I find out who egged my car, I will shove an egg so far up their a--, they're be spitting out omlettes!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Since I still have my truck outside as well (or if the cover isn't on my car for some reason) I am thinking of getting 2 proximity/motion alarms where the alarm will go off in my bedroom unknown to the perp......nothing better than catching someone in the act.....especially when they won't know I am coming....I'll just have to start coming home in my uniform so that I will have all my cop equipment with me......the TASER aught to do the job nicely .......I'll probably get in trouble at work, but I would rather take the chance and fight that....

every incident at my house has occurred when I am home, so maybe this would be a cheaper alternative....then I can whack those aholes with instant justice.
the alarms I can get pretty cheap....someone on here sent me the links...they are less than $50 each....

Those chemicals work, but need re-application to remain effective......like I said, my neighbor did it once, but eventhough I mentioned to them that he's (the cat) around my house all the time, they haven't come back over to re-apply the chemicals. I mentioned something to the HOA, but they are useless and have zero spine to do anything except collect my dues.

I hope those cans do the trick for you......

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 01-23-2013 at 06:52 AM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #17
blink
dave

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
I can get you security surveillance kits pretty cheap through my work Jim. I'll look tonight if you want.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #18
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
I can get you security surveillance kits pretty cheap through my work Jim. I'll look tonight if you want.

Thanks Dave, I think I'm eventually going to try these motion alarms......(just have to get off my a-- and order them)

if I get anything to do with a home security system and cameras, I will most likely get my buddy to do it with his pro equipment that way I can bitch at him if something doesn't work......also he can get me the monitoring for a whole $1.50 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #19
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358945500.572209.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  129.4 KB

Doesn't look to menacing, but the is our cat deterrent! Rabbit deterrent, or whatever comes in the yard! She has caught a slew of cats!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #20
SILVERHAWK

Nice looking Rotty........ I had one about 8 years ago and someday will get another one.....lost mine to cancer...only 5 yrs old....he never caught a cat but he f---ked up a few rabbits..LOL
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #21
blink
dave

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
No problem. I'm gonna look for myself actually as well. I'm gonna put one by my window constantly shooting where I park. We have a problem with people hitting golf balls in the spring/summer at the house as well (Even though there is no driving range nearby) so might do some investigating with that as well.

Cats can definitely be evil. I don't miss living at my parents and their outside cat. Had the same problem with prints. Every morning.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #22
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Yeah, mine had breast cancer at 1 year old! Caught it in time, thank goodness! She has caught a few rabbits also!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #23
RedVictory
Luv my LS3

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3
Yeah, cats are dicks
RedVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Antifreeze in a frisbee. Animals love the taste. Gets rid of everything. You'll probably need soap-on-a-rope if you do that though. Likely get less jail time for knocking off a person.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #25
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Antifreeze in a frisbee. Animals love the taste. Gets rid of everything. You'll probably need soap-on-a-rope if you do that though. Likely get less jail time for knocking off a person.

Oh s--- Mark, is that your new ride in your SIG????!?!?!?!?!? wow, now I am jealous.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #26
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
How close are the garbage cans to your car? How about a cover maybe?
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #27
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Less than six feet. My car sits at the top of the driveway and the cans are about five or six feet away behind a chain link fence. Cats are notorious for sitting on top on cars though.

I researched a bit and heard about this stuff called Shake-Away. Going to look into that more.

BTW, covers are out of the question. I had a cover once that scratched my paint b/c grit that got between the surface and cover.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #28
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
I truly believe that the GD birds sit in the trees and wait for me to finish washing my car.

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote