Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 AM   #15
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
[QUOTE=SILVERHAWK;6185381]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
I think LE would be more likely to pull you for speeding, or loud exhaust. A hood would quite frankly be disappointing. I wouldn't sweat it, I would say the copo hood would maybe raise an eyebrow, but the MPd1 should be fine. It's very close to the SLP Hood and I've had it for a year here, in FFX county too and they are really picky here. So far I've gotten waves and thumbs up from LE. Most time they go for the ricers as stereotypically there is an associated immaturity and driving patterns more so then muscle cars. Is it fair? Not really, but it happens. Just like you rarely see Harley's pulled over for their ear crushing exhaust.

I'm pretty sure our comrade SiliverHawk wouldn't pull someone over for that hood.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't think hoods are very high on my severe crime list.....

I would have to see if DE even has any specific wording for hoods.....I would imagine its more of an inspections issue here. you are right maybe a COPO hood may raise some concern due to sight issues.....but yeah at least the way the pics look I can't see it being an issue.
If you ever wanted to join the VA State Troopers, I will gladly provide a letter of reccomendation for you Silverhawk!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #16
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Do it! I want the mpd cowl hood!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #17
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
[QUOTE=Brutal SS;6193511]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
If you ever wanted to join the VA State Troopers, I will gladly provide a letter of reccomendation for you Silverhawk!

Thanks Brutal...........

unfortunately, God forgot to cut the threads in my head so I could screw that pretty trooper hat on my head ( a little metro vs. trooper humor there) jokingly of course I always ask my buddies in DSP if they need more grease for the grooves in their head so they can screw their hat on easier. HAHAHAHA!!! probably not advisable for Joe Public to make that comment.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #18
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
[QUOTE=SILVERHAWK;6193831]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post

Thanks Brutal...........

unfortunately, God forgot to cut the threads in my head so I could screw that pretty trooper hat on my head ( a little metro vs. trooper humor there) jokingly of course I always ask my buddies in DSP if they need more grease for the grooves in their head so they can screw their hat on easier. HAHAHAHA!!! probably not advisable for Joe Public to make that comment.

Those hats are outta control!

Tags
hoods virginia law