Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Ides of March

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
For those of you with the Chevy Mylink, is it worth it?

I guess sometimes I have a bit of remorse with not having some bells and whistles in my 2LS. But that's what I initially wanted so. I am just curious for those that have the Chevy MyLink is it that much of a better deal to have? Or is it something that you can take or leave it. I know it has the radio and bluetooth hook ups, but it also has navigation on it as well doesn't it? I have On Star in my Camaro which I just set up last night. And I have the Information Center in the middle of the console which I like alot, although it's not in color which I don't understand. I know it's you get what you pay, and the radio I have in the 2LS is fine, I use the cable in the center console to hook up my Iphone for music (no usb in the 2LS really!!!!!!) My curiosity is getting the better of me lol.
Ides of March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Baldwin feeder

Drives: 1986 Chevy C-10 and 2013 BRM 1SS
I originally wanted a 1ls and the Mylink is one of those things I personally can do without. I wish it were an option on the SS.
Baldwin feeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Ides of March

So it's kinda like overkill then?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
Baldwin feeder

Drives: 1986 Chevy C-10 and 2013 BRM 1SS
I like actual buttons. The screen constantly gets fingerprints on it as takes my eyes off the road. Twice so far the screen froze. I just think it is more trouble than it is worth personally.
Baldwin feeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ides of March View Post
So it's kinda like overkill then?
I don't think so, I really like it. Especially when you get the navigation option.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
Ides of March

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I don't think so, I really like it. Especially when you get the navigation option.
So do you get On Star with the MyLink? Because I have On Star but I also use my Iphone for navigation as well. I am assuming with the bluetooth pairing you can;t have the Iphone navigation go through the bluetooth.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
Ksmoke

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT/RS
I enjoy mine. I don't have the nav though, wish I did. But I have onstar so it equals out.
Ksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
Wildcherry13

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM 1LE
I had a 2013 1lt for six months and never had a problem with it. Its nice and works well. You can synch via bluetooth to your phone to receive and hang up phone calls and it even shows your contacts on the screen; play your music, nav. You can see the weather forecast, local movies and cheapest gas near you. A whole lot of other features, Its pretty cool. I will say that the Upgraded Boston system is a huge improvement and that its very well worth it compared to the one on Ls and Lt models. Hope this helped.
Wildcherry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
Ides of March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwin feeder View Post
I like actual buttons. The screen constantly gets fingerprints on it as takes my eyes off the road. Twice so far the screen froze. I just think it is more trouble than it is worth personally.
I hear ya. I would be distracted too. And if it kept freezing it would annoy the hell out of me.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
Wildcherry13

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmoke View Post
I enjoy mine. I don't have the nav though, wish I did. But I have onstar so it equals out.

Before I upgraded I used onstar turn by turn and its just as good. It even displays the arrows and info on the Mylink screen!
Wildcherry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
MADBADGER

Drives: '13 Camaro 2SS/RS
I like having mylink. fingerprints arn't noticable when the screen is lit. It did freeze on me once in the 5,000 miles i've driven it - 2013 2SS

I do not have the nav option, wish I did. Does anyone know if this is a feature that can be added later by dealership or DIY?
MADBADGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ides of March View Post
So do you get On Star with the MyLink? Because I have On Star but I also use my Iphone for navigation as well. I am assuming with the bluetooth pairing you can;t have the Iphone navigation go through the bluetooth.
Onstar and navigation are 2 different things. There is Onstar which is turn by trun directions (montly fee) and then there is a stand alone navigation system (no fee).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBADGER View Post
I like having mylink. fingerprints arn't noticable when the screen is lit. It did freeze on me once in the 5,000 miles i've driven it - 2013 2SS

I do not have the nav option, wish I did. Does anyone know if this is a feature that can be added later by dealership or DIY?
cannot be added later.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #13
hidden_dragon

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
I like it better than the buttons. Of course you can replace some of the apps using your phone (mine is Android) such as gas, theater, even navigation. The screen does get an awful lot of fingerprints but that's to be expected...

hidden_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #14
nvofevery1

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 6 Sp Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Onstar and Navigation are 2 different things. There is Onstar which is turn by trun directions (montly fee) and then there is a stand alone navigation (no fee).

True. I got mine used and I wish it had NAV, but on-star is actually just as good and it runs through Mylink so it's basically the same thing. It would be better if it wasn't 300 a year but it's worth every penny.

nvofevery1 is offline   Reply With Quote