Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #15
Synner

Drives: cars
Video will not tell you the temp your brakes reach or anything about what the issue is inside the caliper. It will be handing GM proof of tracking your car in case they want to be dicks and feel like voiding the warranty.

Buy temp strips or an IR gun if you want the temp. Although tracking your car with an ongoing brake leak you don't know the root cause of is another issue entirely.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #16
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Video will not tell you the temp your brakes reach or anything about what the issue is inside the caliper. It will be handing GM proof of tracking your car in case they want to be dicks and feel like voiding the warranty.

Buy temp strips or an IR gun if you want the temp. Although tracking your car with an ongoing brake leak you don't know the root cause of is another issue entirely.
I totally agree,but with the video of Al saying this is "a track car"and my service manager saying "this is marketed as a track car"how can they weasel themselves out of what they made?
Old 12-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
Synner

Dealer=weasel
Al's statement have no basis in law or warranty claims. And the warranty on the car can be voided for track use. They specifically add those clauses to it. Even if your dealer is cool upchanneling this to GM means his opinion no longer matters once a warranty decision has been made.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #18
Synner

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused as the result of any of the following:
-Collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion,
or objects striking the vehicle.
-Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or other competition.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
Synner

Some people will argue that a track day is not a race but in reality it comes down to how much of a prick the warranty claim decision maker is.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #20
rockrau

Drives: 2010 2ss red LS3
Do not use thread sealants in your brake system!!!!!!!!!
rockrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #21
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Rockrau is correct. Don't use thread sealant in on the brake system. If even a tiny bit gets into the lines, it could mess up a lot of things,

The minor bit of leakage is normal after a track session. The brake fluid is boiling and seeping out of the threads. I wipe down the calipers after a track day and it never leaks out during normal street driving.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #22
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Ok so the bleeder valve isn't loose.This happens after most track sessions.This has happened 3 times on the drivers side,and once on the passenger side.I went to the dealer,and my service manager seems to think that im getting my brakes so hot that the bleeder valve distorts just a hair,and the fluid comes out under immense pressure.Now i am brutal on my brakes,i brake late and hard,and i know my brakes are freaking hot.My dealer is one of the good ones,and he told me to set up my GoPro inside the wheel well,he wants to see how red my rotor is getting.He wants to send the video to GM and say what are we going to do about this.He even says the 1LE is marketed as "A TRACK READY CAR" so any informed brake guys know whats going on here?

I got a call from my service manager yesterday. I talked to my service manager a couple weeks ago,and he sent this pic into his contacts at GM. Long story short, they ordered me new calipers,and GM wants these back,they seem to be taking this seriously.
Attached Images