Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 02-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #6301
Blk Betty

Drives: 2011 ss
Hey there guys new to forum plan on comming to 6th annual on Feb. 28th meet some members, I was out at cars and coffee last week but wasn't a member yet saw some nice 5th gens out there
Blk Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #6302
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Hey Gang! Post up here if you are planning on coming to the Car Show this Saturday at TGI Fridays in Panama City. Depending on how many we have coming, I will post up a meeting spot so we can all cruise in together...

Looks like I will once again be without my car, but I will be there to hang with you guys none the less. I don't think I have ever missed one of these shows, so I'm very disappointed, but alas.....she is still down south getting some work done.
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:47 PM   #6303
11SSConv

Drives: 11 2SS Convertible, 86 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
Hey Gang! Post up here if you are planning on coming to the Car Show this Saturday at TGI Fridays in Panama City. Depending on how many we have coming, I will post up a meeting spot so we can all cruise in together...

Looks like I will once again be without my car, but I will be there to hang with you guys none the less. I don't think I have ever missed one of these shows, so I'm very disappointed, but alas.....she is still down south getting some work done.
I plan to be there for a little while.
11SSConv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #6304
LEJ47
LMJ Photo

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE, 1969 Chevelle L-72
TGI Fridays

Moe & I are going. Rain or shine.
See you there.

Larry
LEJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #6305
Grant
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM A6
I plan on being there.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #6306
kidCOMATOSE

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post

Im in
Old 02-25-2015, 12:00 AM   #6307
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Hey Regina. Sorry to hear your baby is still nursing, hurry up and get that car on the road soon.

Me and Kym are coming Saturday to PCB. Mine has been up on the "mod" jack stands for weeks now... Finally on the ground tonight !!!! We will be driving that morning so text me the location to meet and when.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:31 PM   #6308
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Suspension work done !!

I hear crickets chirping .... Finally got ZK off jack stands late last night !!
Installed camber plates, Hotchkis maxi-brace , some new beefier suspension parts and new tires & rims. Installed 285s on all 4 corners. Moved offsets to gain 1" wider track in rear and 2 1/2" wider track up front. Now the front and rears are the same tracking width to outside tire dimensions. Running some extra negative camber but can dial in more on race day. Also installed the Vitesse throttle controller to eliminate the lag but I have gotten used to running autoX with the lag that I am surely going to spin the rear tires until I can adjust my lead foot to compensate for the sensitivity now.

Hope to see yall guys and girls this weekend in PCB at the show. If anybody ever wants to run the autoX events in Dothan let me know. I would be thrilled to meet and have another Camaro run up there with me. It is always fun and addictive.
Attached Images

Last edited by Zombie killer; 02-25-2015 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Thick thumb syndrome (typo)
Zombie killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:33 PM   #6309
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Which camber plates did you get? And do you like them?
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #6310
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

I pre ordered mine with Justin at Moreno Motosports. Have gotten to race with them yet as just installed 2 nights ago but they are built nice. I spoke with Justin about a minor installation issue that could be improved in the 2.0 version if he wanted. It would just increase the cost to manufacture a little bit more but I would do it. If using stock struts , he uses a neoprene band to close up the gap of the top hat and the factory isolator. It's a PITA to get together cause the band wants to roll (wad) up during installation. I suggested a simple aluminum bushing that could be cut & spec milled. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:47 PM   #6311
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
How do you think they compare to FMT's?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379874
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
Old 02-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #6312
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
How do you think they compare to FMT's?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379874
They both had merits. I liked the bottom half of FMTs better but I preferred the top half of Moreno"s better. Just ending up going with Justin's version. His bottom version might be better with a coil over set later. If you text me I can share installation pics of the good (and bad). PM for number if you want to know more
Old 02-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #6313
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

I PM'd you my cell# for pics.

My issue is that that I have QA1 coilovers and they actually ended up with 0.3 and 0.5 positive camber. With 10.5 inch wheels, there's no room to tilt the strut to zero, let alone negative. FMT's can be setup to run with coilovers.

Even my alignment guy said, "I know you got just about every possible aftermarket suspension part for this car, but you're going to need camber plates."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie killer View Post
They both had merits. I liked the bottom half of FMTs better but I preferred the top half of Moreno"s better. Just ending up going with Justin's version. His bottom version might be better with a coil over set later. If you text me I can share installation pics of the good (and bad). PM for number if you want to know more
Old 02-25-2015, 03:46 PM   #6314
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
I PM'd you my cell# for pics.

My issue is that that I have QA1 coilovers and they actually ended up with 0.3 and 0.5 positive camber. With 10.5 inch wheels, there's no room to tilt the strut to zero, let alone negative. FMT's can be setup to run with coilovers.

Even my alignment guy said, "I know you got just about every possible aftermarket suspension part for this car, but you're going to need camber plates."
Thats strange. With OEM struts and no camber plates I was running a negative -1.2 camber on factory rims. When I went to the 10.5" rims, I did have some very slight rubbing when the car was up on jack stands but when car was put on the ground it went away. I decided to run a small 5 mm spacer and my rub issue went away. I even played with my camber plates and I could run it up over -2.5 without rubbing on the 10.5" rims. I almost bet that if I ran a 10" rim and 275 tires there would be no rubbing and thus no spacers needed.