Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #85
stavros

Drives: 2012 zl1
I WILL DO A VIDEO have you ever heard an offshore boat at idle? thats what it sounds like
stavros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #86
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavros View Post
I WILL DO A VIDEO have you ever heard an offshore boat at idle? thats what it sounds like
First, I seen that video you posted of running around the track, and I told Andy & Rick thats exactly how I want my ZL1 to sound

I just got the exact same mods done to your ZL1 on mine by Livernois Motorsports and I received the below comment posted on the YOUTUBE video that Livernois posted about my build..

"sound and looks like it could rip up the gates of hell.... extreme automotive badassery "

So I know what your talking about, but thats what I wanted.....
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #87
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Stavros I guess you never had a car with a lopy idle that hits gears with enough torque to make the car fish tail huh? ROFL kids...........How about if you didnt like the livernois build you price the competition for twice or more the price and thier warranties..........And if you own that car wheres your garage?pics? Pride?
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #88
thespymaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Stavros I guess you never had a car with a lopy idle that hits gears with enough torque to make the car fish tail huh? ROFL kids...........How about if you didnt like the livernois build you price the competition for twice or more the price and thier warranties..........And if you own that car wheres your garage?pics? Pride?
Stavros "DOES" own that ZL1 ...........

And this is the video I was referring to in my last post about "Stavros" putting the pedal to the metal and sealed my fate to chose Livernois Motorsports for my HP mods
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #89
stavros

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
who ever you are you should know the person you are ripping on so you do not looks so foolish in the future livonia motorsports knows that i take ducati"s on race tracks all over the country at over 170mph so i think i know a little about a loy idle
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #90
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
like i stated earlier, in more depth , i think livonia probably engineers some of the fastest cars out there, they give you 12month warrenty on there work, some give 24months 24k miles, since mine was a shop car and had 400 miles i did not recieve any warrenty in writing, but with that said if the warrenty was that big of a deal i would not have bought it they old saying (if you want to play you must pay) with that said at 800+ hp this car is borderline streetable, i just came back from a ride i was around 70mph on e-way stompt on it to pass and almost went sideways CRAZY!!!
How did the event go with your cousin(s)? It's good to see the car on the track.

I know everyone has difference in opinion, but the car is pretty tame for the power it makes. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it every day, but wouldn't want to do it on stock tires. I think that's why it seems so violent. With the MT, it barely spun from a roll.

As Andy mentioned, I do t know of a competitor that offers a package that makes that much power, but we definitely stand behind our work.

I miss that car!

The car below is the highest HP ZL1 we've done to date. It made slightly more than our former shop car.

Before and after dyno sheet

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Last edited by Chris@Livernois; 10-08-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Typo
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #91
stavros

rick, i know it is these tires but i can scare the shit out of drivers on the road just by the sound, which i like!! the car is great on track of course on a road course you are not stomping the throttle, its heavy but suspension is great, but it hink i am going to ruin the ride, so i bought a 4k mile z06 for track use, i will be bring it to livonia after christmas for some freshening Louie
Old 10-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #92
thespymaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@Livernois View Post

How did the event go with your cousin(s)? It's good to see the car on the track.

I know everyone has difference in opinion, but the car is pretty tame for the power it makes. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it every day, but wouldn't want to do it on stock tires. I think that's why it seems so violent. With the MT, it barely spun from a roll.

As Andy mentioned, I do t know of a competitor that offers a package that makes that much power, but we definitely stand behind our work.

I miss that car!

The car below is the highest HP ZL1 we've done to date. It made slightly more than our former shop car.

Before and after dyno sheet

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Having just put over 2500 + miles from Michigan to Arizona , the ZL1 is screaming for me to put it on the strip and if the conditions are right tonight; it will be

Rick & Andy, thanks for a great build

Music to my ears:

Old 10-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #93
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
Definitely let us know how she does! Although, on those tire's I am guessing it will be a 2.5+ sec 60'
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #94
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
rick, i know it is these tires but i can scare the shit out of drivers on the road just by the sound, which i like!! the car is great on track of course on a road course you are not stomping the throttle, its heavy but suspension is great, but it hink i am going to ruin the ride, so i bought a 4k mile z06 for track use, i will be bring it to livonia after christmas for some freshening Louie
What do u mean you think u are going to ruin the ride?
Old 10-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #95
thespymaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
Definitely let us know how she does! Although, on those tire's I am guessing it will be a 2.5+ sec 60'
Close , 2.334 sec 60