Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 06-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #3879
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
CAMARO5 EP/LC Gathering June 15th

Okay folks, the day is approaching and we are needing to get a headcount of people that will joing for the dinner on Friday at BJs. We found out that they do not take reservations so I will see about getting to the restaraunt early and save us a seat before everyone gets to the restaraunt and we can all sit together sort of. Now another thing that was brought up was if we are going to be meeting somewhere and driving/caravaning out to BJs? That is entirely up to you cats if you guys would like to meet up together and make a loud parade when entering the parking lot. Richard and his Horsemen will be joining in from LC so there's already a group of em coming together but you guys voice your thoughts and we'll get this going as well. The cost for the dragstrip is going to be $20 per car for all night. ...(to b continued so stayed tuned)
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #3880
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
We need a time as well. The best we could do is 7. I don't know what time the drags start either.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #3881
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Since it looks like I may be the only one from C5 heading over to EP from LC I wouldn't mind heading down with the horsemen if you could find out when they are leaving. That is unless your leaving from LC Charlie, I wouldnt mind heading down a little early with you to get seats. Also I was debating on trailering the car down if anybody needs me to haul tools or slicks ect. And that way we also have a trailer incase somebody needs a tow home. If nobody needs me to haul anything I will probably not take the trailer and just hope for the best as my dad will probably be in town and can still bring the trailer if anybody does need a tow back to LC.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #3882
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
Ehh I just hope my nitrous is hooked up by then.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #3883
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffseT View Post
I'd be careful with nitrous, especially on a stock bottom end.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 06-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #3884
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Well my exhaust is finally buttoned up and I got a new stock diffuser on the car so it looks ok. Hopefully I can get those new trailing arms put on this evening and get enough traction to put up better times than the 5.0s. I tried finding some dr's but thats a no go this time around.

Unless thats a horrible track I don't think we should have a hard time putting up better numbers than the 5.0s I saw running out there a few weeks ago. They were all high 13's and low 14's.

Still have lots to do but at least my ass end doesn't look quite as bad.

504hp/478tq
Old 06-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #3885
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Okay folks, the day is approaching and we are needing to get a headcount of people that will joing for the dinner on Friday at BJs. We found out that they do not take reservations so I will see about getting to the restaraunt early and save us a seat before everyone gets to the restaraunt and we can all sit together sort of. Now another thing that was brought up was if we are going to be meeting somewhere and driving/caravaning out to BJs? That is entirely up to you cats if you guys would like to meet up together and make a loud parade when entering the parking lot. Richard and his Horsemen will be joining in from LC so there's already a group of em coming together but you guys voice your thoughts and we'll get this going as well. The cost for the dragstrip is going to be $20 per car for all night. ...(to b continued so stayed tuned)

Wish I could go, but that's too far of a drive and too late for me with my little ones. One of these days I'll make it to something. :(
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #3886
Emperor_SS

Drives: 05 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
I think its only $5 to watch for those that aren't going to race . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvillekidd View Post
We need a time as well. The best we could do is 7. I don't know what time the drags start either.
we usually like to get to the track at 8-830 and let the cars cool down a bit before we start making passes. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Since it looks like I may be the only one from C5 heading over to EP from LC I wouldn't mind heading down with the horsemen if you could find out when they are leaving. That is unless your leaving from LC Charlie, I wouldnt mind heading down a little early with you to get seats. Also I was debating on trailering the car down if anybody needs me to haul tools or slicks ect. And that way we also have a trailer incase somebody needs a tow home. If nobody needs me to haul anything I will probably not take the trailer and just hope for the best as my dad will probably be in town and can still bring the trailer if anybody does need a tow back to LC.
That's fine with me what time do you want to head down? Im also game to get there early. Just give me a place to meet and a time and we will be there. Also if you ever need a hand working on your car let me know. . . i used to work on a few back when i had mine. . . depending on your mods and the driver i would say most of you will be around 14.2-13.9 with the most modded of you dipping into the mid 13s and if any of you are supercharged low 13s or high 12s

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffseT View Post
If you need a hand let me know it shouldn't be to hard to install and you should be alright on a 75 shot just watch your bottle pressure doesn't get to high.
Emperor_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #3887
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor_SS View Post
That's fine with me what time do you want to head down? Im also game to get there early. Just give me a place to meet and a time and we will be there. Also if you ever need a hand working on your car let me know. . . i used to work on a few back when i had mine. . . depending on your mods and the driver i would say most of you will be around 14.2-13.9 with the most modded of you dipping into the mid 13s and if any of you are supercharged low 13s or high 12s
Awesome, I appreciate the offer, same goes here, if any of you guys need help working on cars I am willing to help. I am still getting use to all this computer controlled wizzardry, but if it's older cars or building motors I have some decent experience.

Do you guys know how the clint track compares to arroyo seco? My best run was a 13.81 stock at arroyo seco, but I was hopeing to be a little closer to the 12's I was able to pick up in Pheonix with the new mods.

How does leaving around 5:30 and maybe meeting at the McDonalds across from Pan-Am sound?

504hp/478tq
Old 06-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #3888
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Does anybody know how strict the track is on helmets? I just noticed all three of my helmets went out of spec the begining of this year since I have not got my circle track car up and running this season, I never checked. I hurried and ordered one that will work, but i'm not 100% sure it will get here in time.

504hp/478tq
Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #3889
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I hope not that strict, all i have is my 2011 one. Its EP, I doubt it'll be that strict.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #3890
D33k

Drives: Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Does anybody know how strict the track is on helmets? I just noticed all three of my helmets went out of spec the begining of this year since I have not got my circle track car up and running this season, I never checked. I hurried and ordered one that will work, but i'm not 100% sure it will get here in time.
they are not strict at all, my buddy has a 12 second eclipse they have never once inspected his helmet

what do you guys think between the camaro ss and c6 corvette? i autox, road course and drag race occasionally, biggest thing is that the camaro has a back seat but cant take down a corvette on the track without some supsension mods. Wife wont let me get the vette since we have one kid already and maybe another next year or so.
D33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #3891
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33k View Post
they are not strict at all, my buddy has a 12 second eclipse they have never once inspected his helmet

what do you guys think between the camaro ss and c6 corvette? i autox, road course and drag race occasionally, biggest thing is that the camaro has a back seat but cant take down a corvette on the track without some supsension mods. Wife wont let me get the vette since we have one kid already and maybe another next year or so.
C6 does have a suspension and weight advantage, but no option to haul kids. Although the camaro is not ideal for kids in a car seat or over 10 years old it can be done. Also with a decent set of springs and sway bars, the camaro can put up a pretty good fight, it has pretty darn good suspension, but just like with the drags, it's weight is the big down side.

504hp/478tq
Old 06-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #3892
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

The trailing arms are on . Just gotta get the tire fixed tomorrow and I'm ready to rock n' roll . May even bite the bullet and try to get the headers on.

504hp/478tq

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001