Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
SSm1le

Drives: Roxanne('13 2SS 1LE)
A little bit of a rant..

Talked to a dealer about getting a 1LE. It seems they don't know much at all about the car, let alone anything that the package comes with. Am I wrong to expect a salesman should know what they are selling? I'm not a professional on this car, but before buying it I've read almost everything posted about it. Should I be a little easier on the salesmen, or is it justified that you shouldn't try selling a product you don't have a clue about?
SSm1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
If its a Chevy dealership, then I think so. It's not that difficult to keep up with Chevy's lineup.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
most dealers ive encountered have no clue at all what they sell. but its also depends on what they are selling and whats being pushed by the manufacturer.
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Remember Chevy sells so many models with so many option packages it would take a genius to know everything about every car they sell, and they have to relearn it every year. While a buyer has usually got one car in mind so it is easier to learn everything there is to know about that one car.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
They should know their product. Salesman have a lot of sit around time while on the job. They should use that time to learn their products. It will make them a better salesman and they will most likely make more money.
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
SSm1le

Drives: Roxanne('13 2SS 1LE)
I'm not saying know every product at any given time. But if someone walks in trying to buy a $45K car, take 10-15 minutes to educate yourself. It helps the customer feel more at ease and want to buy from you. So far getting my 1LE, I've had bad experiences with 2 dealers. The one I ordered from didn't even know a 1LE existed, so I went step by step on everything that I wanted and what I was willing to pay. I would of felt a lot better if he took a little time to understand what exactly I'm ordering, because as we all know a 1LE is not just another Camaro.
SSm1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Its like almost any job with more than 5 people, and some with less.....

There's always going to be some who just try to glide through or only learn enough to appear to be knowledgeable. The percentage increases when management is not active in motivating, providing and reaffirming the educational side of the business.....As many products that Chevy puts out, in the 100's of styles and versions, it would require continuous learning and instruction, materials and access provided by management. Especially on limited or low number production models that the average salesman may never even see or sale.

There's always the chance he was new as well.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSm1le View Post
Talked to a dealer about getting a 1LE. It seems they don't know much at all about the car, let alone anything that the package comes with. Am I wrong to expect a salesman should know what they are selling? I'm not a professional on this car, but before buying it I've read almost everything posted about it. Should I be a little easier on the salesmen, or is it justified that you shouldn't try selling a product you don't have a clue about?
Your salesperson is in sales, not automotive engineering. Your dealer's foolish lack of desire to learn about what they sell reflects on how filled with idiots the facility is.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
People say its hard to learn?

I used to work at a parts department and could tell you damn near every part number with description and function. Nail Guns ect. We got new models in all the time with a lovely thing called a schematic. I learned said schematic down to the bolt part numbers. Why? Not because I had to...but because I wanted the customer to have 100% confidence in my knowledge and ability.

I'm not a guru, I'm not a genius....I'm a member of the American blue collar work force....and that's what sets me apart.

People used to learn their jobs instead of trying to figure out how not to work said jobs. Personally I'm sick of seeing people stare at a menu pic at Taco Bell to tell me what comes on something?

Before long people will be defending salesman saying its just his a.d.d. We have enough pc in this country....learn your job or get another one.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
If this wasn't so talked about in the auto world I would be more understanding. Sadly I have met quite a few dealers lately who are not car people. Many are doing it because it is one of the few businesses that continue to hire and make money. The turnover rate seems high too.

I'm not sure my dealer gas any clue what he ordered for me. Nor does he care. But since I got an awesome deal, I go along with it. He never lied or pretended to know. I told him what I want, he ordered it. Just that simple.

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
I would have no problem with a dealer experience that newb had but that would require a trait that too few sales people have HONESTY. i cant stand when someone who has no clue wtf they are talking bout try to educate me on a product that i have done research on. if your not sure about a specific aspect of something say so. its easier to work with a uninformed person who will work hard to get a sale done than an arrogent dumb ass who thinks he knows everything
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Chevy just has 15 different car and truck models, how hard could it be to memorize every model, their standard equipment, all the option package contents, exceptions, individual options that are available, specifications, prices, etc etc....
Easy as pie....
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
LRJet35

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
At the first dealership I went into the salesman had no clue about the 1LE package, what was included in it, etc. Not only that but he wasn't familiar with the dual mode exhaust, or basically anything having to do with the camaro in general. And this particular dealership is supposed to be a big camaro/corvette dealer for the area. That combined with the very unpleasant and rude sales manager made it a pretty easy decision for me to move on to the next dealer
LRJet35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #14
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSm1le View Post
I'm not saying know every product at any given time. But if someone walks in trying to buy a $45K car, take 10-15 minutes to educate yourself. It helps the customer feel more at ease and want to buy from you. So far getting my 1LE, I've had bad experiences with 2 dealers. The one I ordered from didn't even know a 1LE existed, so I went step by step on everything that I wanted and what I was willing to pay. I would of felt a lot better if he took a little time to understand what exactly I'm ordering, because as we all know a 1LE is not just another Camaro.
Order from Becky.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote