Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #15
DeanCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtismyhero View Post
Haha, while I thank you for helping a fellow Camaro guy out, that drive is a bit out there for me. Chuck Nash Chevrolet took care of me. It was a bit of a drive (about 45 minutes) but I'm glad I did it. Car was surging a bit so it needs to be looked at. I'll hear something either today or tomorrow on it. Hope to have her back up and running soon!
I'm a advisor at a dealership here in San Marcos and that is who i send all my used cars too. They haven't let me down yet
DeanCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #16
curtismyhero

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCamaro View Post
I'm a advisor at a dealership here in San Marcos and that is who i send all my used cars too. They haven't let me down yet
Oh man wish I would have known sooner! I would have come to shake your hand (if you were there). If you are there, please tell the technicians that the white SS camaro (license plates SS ZMBE) are to be handled with care. Cheers!
curtismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #17
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtismyhero View Post
Oh man wish I would have known sooner! I would have come to shake your hand (if you were there). If you are there, please tell the technicians that the white SS camaro (license plates SS ZMBE) are to be handled with care. Cheers!
Man handled with care......Got it.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:48 PM   #18
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggit View Post
by the way the recall nonsense is just so they can install the latest spy sensors & cut-off switches in the car for the nsa, has nothing to do with safety. GM has recalled over 27 million cars now dating back to 1997.. this isn't about ignition switches, that's just a cover story. Harley Davidson is now recalling their motorcycles for "ignition switches" they are probably installing ones that can be cut off with a radio signal.

look up the "quiet weapons for Silent wars" nasa document, it says they will use recalls to update the equipment.

the so called ignition switch problem is just a standard mechanical failure like any other, you could find a multiple mechanical failure occurrence on any vehicle there is. When a battery cable comes loose or a fuel pump goes out, or a spark plug dies, or an injector goes out, or a fuse or power wire goes out for a ECM, it effectively does the same thing, shuts the engine down, happens all the time, you don't see on TV nonstop, something like 49,000 people a year die in car wrecks, they are claiming like 12 accidents over 10 years due to ignition switch failures? 12/490,000?? really? it's all about perception.
Dude, whatever you're smoking, STOP. Really. Go get help.

Alternatively, OH SHIT, THEY SAW YOU TYPE THIS. YOUR LINE IS BUGGED! GET OUT OF TOWN NOW. RUN!!!!!!!!! DON'T FORGET YOUR TINFOIL HAT!!!

Last edited by shibbs; 07-17-2014 at 04:58 PM.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #19
curtismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Man handled with care......Got it.
Hahaha. Reminds me when I went to get the code pulled at autozone yesterday. Guy told me to properly pull the code and diagnose what was wrong with it, he would be required to take it out for a spin. Couldn't help but laugh, and honestly would have taken him around the block if the CEL wasn't on.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #20
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
by the way the recall nonsense is just so they can install the latest spy sensors & cut-off switches in the car for the nsa, has nothing to do with safety. GM has recalled over 27 million cars now dating back to 1997.. this isn't about ignition switches, that's just a cover story. Harley Davidson is now recalling their motorcycles for "ignition switches" they are probably installing ones that can be cut off with a radio signal.

look up the "quiet weapons for Silent wars" nasa document, it says they will use recalls to update the equipment.

the so called ignition switch problem is just a standard mechanical failure like any other, you could find a multiple mechanical failure occurrence on any vehicle there is. When a battery cable comes loose or a fuel pump goes out, or a spark plug dies, or an injector goes out, or a fuse or power wire goes out for a ECM, it effectively does the same thing, shuts the engine down, happens all the time, you don't see on TV nonstop, something like 49,000 people a year die in car wrecks, they are claiming like 12 accidents over 10 years due to ignition switch failures? 12/490,000?? really? it's all about perception.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #21
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Yes, it is all a conspiracy
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #22
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Look..........

Look at his profile pic, he was the weird kid in the corner who got straight A's but yet was caught materbating several times in the girls bathroom. He also looks like he is part of the "conspiracy" group he is speaking against. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Dude, whatever you're smoking, STOP. Really. Go get help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post

Alternatively, OH SHIT, THEY SAW YOU TYPE THIS. YOUR LINE IS BUGGED! GET OUT OF TOWN NOW. RUN!!!!!!!!! DON'T FORGET YOUR TINFOIL HAT!!!

Old 07-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #23
curtismyhero

Hmm. No. I think he looks like a car enthusiast, just like the rest of us. I digress though. In other news, the dealership just called me and told me I have a broken valve spring. I couldn't get all the details clear (was not in a quiet place at the time), but from the tone it sounded like it's going to be a lengthy process. Here's to hoping that the technicians are grade A at this dealership.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #24
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:

You can't be serious
Old 07-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #25
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
You can't be serious
It is ridiculous to speculate that the NSA has anything to do with this vehicle spying software, when it's common knowledge that the IRS and Lois Lerner is who's really behind the recall spying scheme, specifically targeting vehicles that tend to be driven by raging right wingers so as to stop us all in our tracks when the revolution begins.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #26
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Thanks Obama.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #27
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:

If this were true, the techs would need to sign secrecy docs, and even then, one would blab.

but the real reason I think your fear is unfounded is that OnStar already does this, even if it's not activated.