Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #43
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
But I also don't worry very much because I have bolt ons and the ecu adjusts very well
Exactly. Most people think that a simple bolt on is going to require a whole new tune, which typically is rarely the case.

A good thing to invest in is a third party monitoring system so you can check your fuel trims and other various things. The android app works pretty good, so does the dash hawk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #44
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yea, I have an ultragauge that I usually hook up when I put in a new mod and monitor things. If things look normal I'll either not send anything or send a log but not care about the response since I'm expecting an "all looks good." It's when things are thrown out of whack that I would want an update asap. But luckily, with my bolt-ons that hasn't happened.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #45
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
We need to either move this thread to the LFX section or start a new threads relating to all the off topic discussions in this thread lol

I am callin my local dyno in the next week or so to find a free day to finally get a dyno tube set with Vince.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #46
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
the logs don't have to be all WOT. he can't see the AFR regardless because we run with a narrowband O2 sensor. the same reason tuners always throw a wideband in the tail pipe...its more accurate. im not certain what all he has access to, but im sure his adjustments are made off of fuel trims during WOT pulls. fuel trims can be a little off at idle or cruising (which is practically idling while moving) but once there is load then should go to 0 fairly quickly...and definitely during WOT +/-3. WOT LTFT's above 10 are a clear indication that the tune is off. although other factors can play into that like fuel mixture or possible vacuum leaks. but there is no sign of a vacuum leak given the numbers. a vacuum leak would throw the LTFT's off during idle/cruising but would show near 0 during WOT if the tune was correct.

'11CamaroLS
to rule out any leaks though, try spraying ether around the base of the intake manifold, plenum cover & TB connection. won't take much either. this will help rule out any air leak(s). also check the PCV connection on the rear of the valve cover on the driver side, it connects to the Air Intake.

hope this helps to either rule everything out or resolve the issue. let us know what you find.
Thanks for the ideas, i will check those things out tommorow. im running a Vararam intake so i have a breather on the end of my PCV.

Last edited by '11CamaroLS; 10-19-2012 at 03:53 PM.
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #47
iLLmaTic3s

Drives: 2010 Camaro
this will only be for 2012 v6. sorry guys.
iLLmaTic3s is offline   Reply With Quote