Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #43
GreyMare SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Thanks to Mike for getting the word out about the Club and our most spectacular meeting... I still am numb from Auto Erotica Overload... (New medical term)
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #44
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
That red 3rd Gen Camaro 1 of 116, what's the specs on that one making it so rare, no t-tops with a 5sp 305 and red interior?
From Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrol..._generation)]:

1992 was the final year of the third generation Camaro. A "25th Anniversary Heritage Edition" option had been planned with Corvette aluminum cylinder heads, tubular exhaust headers, and 6-speed manual transmission, but this was scrapped in favor of a "Heritage Package" option (RPO Z03) which amounted to nothing more than a graphics package of badges and rally stripes. All 1992 Camaros received a "25th Anniversary" badge on the dashboard. The 1992 version of the Camaro B4C (Special Service Package) got the addition of 1LE brakes, making it perhaps the best stopping third generation Camaro available with air conditioning. A total of 589 B4Cs were sold. The B4C option was also deemed popular enough to be carried on to the fourth generation model.

Some TPI 1992 Camaros received some of the "leftovers" from its Corvette cousin, which switched from Tuned Port Injection to the new LT1 engine series in 1992. They received the rough texture, cast aluminum style, intake runners from the TPI Corvette instead of the regular Camaro smooth tube ones. In some cases they were built with black painted valve covers instead of the normal silver valve covers. Some also received a blank throttlebody plate, like the LT1, instead of the normal plate with "Tuned Port Injection" script. The change was purely cosmetic, performance remained identical to the previous year.

The RPO 1LE option combination, identical to the previous year in specification and option requirements, had its highest production year of the third generation Camaro, with 705 cars so equipped. As mentioned, the 1LE brakes were included with B4C in 1992, accounting for 589 of the 705 built. This means that only 116 "true" 1LE-only cars (A/C delete, non-Special Service Package) were built for the year.[2]

It should be noted that the vast majority of the 1LE cars built during the 1989-1992 period were very sparsely equipped vehicles. Since they were intended for racing, where extra weight is a disadvantage and interiors are often gutted after purchase, most were very lightly optioned. The majority of 1LE Camaros had the base interior, with no power options, cruise control, or even floor mats. Some were even built without radios (201 cars were built as "radio delete" in 1992). An unusual Camaro equipped with a combination of both RPO 1LE and luxury or appearance options, such as a deluxe leather interior or the Z03 Heritage Package, could therefore be a potentially rare and collectible vehicle.

As part of those 116 "pure" 1LEs, 30 were built with the GM-Canada/Player's Challenge R7U racing package, and 27 other 1LEs were imported into Canada as well...making Ken's '92 1LE one very rare car.

http://www.playerschallengeseries.ca/Production_nos.htm
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #45
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
I have to admit that I'm a little partial towards the Burnt Orange 1971 RS/Z28, having one just like it, but I would give anything to have that Saleen S7 Twin Turbo.
We stayed in Holland after the Muskegon stop on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Beautiful town, my daughter caught Amtrak to Chicago from there. What a nice place to live!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #46
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
We stayed in Holland after the Muskegon stop on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Beautiful town, my daughter caught Amtrak to Chicago from there. What a nice place to live!
We picked up our ZL1 the day before the Muskegon stop and went up there to see all the cars with it. We were parked at the Harly Davidson dealer. Great way to spend the second day with a new car.
Your right, Holland is a great town, especially if you are into boating. Maybe next year we can hook up and head out on the lake for a quick ride.
I run twin Lingenfelter big blocks, I think you will like it.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #47
ZYA_LTR

Drives: Waiting to be ordered
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
From Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrol..._generation)]:

1992 was the final year of the third generation Camaro. A "25th Anniversary Heritage Edition" option had been planned with Corvette aluminum cylinder heads, tubular exhaust headers, and 6-speed manual transmission, but this was scrapped in favor of a "Heritage Package" option (RPO Z03) which amounted to nothing more than a graphics package of badges and rally stripes. All 1992 Camaros received a "25th Anniversary" badge on the dashboard. The 1992 version of the Camaro B4C (Special Service Package) got the addition of 1LE brakes, making it perhaps the best stopping third generation Camaro available with air conditioning. A total of 589 B4Cs were sold. The B4C option was also deemed popular enough to be carried on to the fourth generation model.

Some TPI 1992 Camaros received some of the "leftovers" from its Corvette cousin, which switched from Tuned Port Injection to the new LT1 engine series in 1992. They received the rough texture, cast aluminum style, intake runners from the TPI Corvette instead of the regular Camaro smooth tube ones. In some cases they were built with black painted valve covers instead of the normal silver valve covers. Some also received a blank throttlebody plate, like the LT1, instead of the normal plate with "Tuned Port Injection" script. The change was purely cosmetic, performance remained identical to the previous year.

The RPO 1LE option combination, identical to the previous year in specification and option requirements, had its highest production year of the third generation Camaro, with 705 cars so equipped. As mentioned, the 1LE brakes were included with B4C in 1992, accounting for 589 of the 705 built. This means that only 116 "true" 1LE-only cars (A/C delete, non-Special Service Package) were built for the year.[2]

It should be noted that the vast majority of the 1LE cars built during the 1989-1992 period were very sparsely equipped vehicles. Since they were intended for racing, where extra weight is a disadvantage and interiors are often gutted after purchase, most were very lightly optioned. The majority of 1LE Camaros had the base interior, with no power options, cruise control, or even floor mats. Some were even built without radios (201 cars were built as "radio delete" in 1992). An unusual Camaro equipped with a combination of both RPO 1LE and luxury or appearance options, such as a deluxe leather interior or the Z03 Heritage Package, could therefore be a potentially rare and collectible vehicle.

As part of those 116 "pure" 1LEs, 30 were built with the GM-Canada/Player's Challenge R7U racing package, and 27 other 1LEs were imported into Canada as well...making Ken's '92 1LE one very rare car.

http://www.playerschallengeseries.ca/Production_nos.htm
I haven't spoken to her in awhile, but i knew of where there was another 1992 1LE that i would venture to say might top Ken's on the rarity list.

I knew of a 92 25th anniversary edition 1LE that had similar miles, and was only taken to shows. Not a street driven daily driver, and when i got to see it, it still had original everything except oil. We are talking tires, coolant winshield wipers...this thing had less than 7,000 miles, and was awesome. White with red stripes and red interior. I wonder where that car is now...might have to make some calls.
ZYA_LTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #48
CamaroPhotos

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS; 1965 Chevy Impala
This event was an absolute blast. LOVE the Collection. Thanks for posting up all of the photos Mike!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #49
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Wow nice pics!