Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Well, I guess the good news is that the dealer verified for me that a rear SS wheel will work on the front of the car, lol
Old 04-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Sounds like my local dealer here that I no longer use for the same reasons.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
What a bunch of dealership Idiots!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #18
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
you might want to check the rear calipers for some nice scrapes in them now as the backspacing is different on the front and rear wheels...and the brake calipers are hopefully not larger in the rear front is 30mm backspacing back 20mm as the wheels are wider in the rear..........Hopefully its ok? And they would be buying me new brembos for the front most likely if I had a single scrape in it!!!!!!!!
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #19
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Are you sure that you didn't tell then that you wanted a specific stagger to say run Talladega?
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #20
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Are you trying to tell us that in Boston there is no place that can change your tires? Hell, I live in the middle of nowhere (50 miles to the mall) and we have Bastian Tires that can do all of them.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #21
Palutz59
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 1LE soon
I would beat the crap out of that impala and take it back smiling. Maybe a In and Out burger wrapper left on the seat as well. Sorry to hear about your experience with those idiots. Lots of idiots in this world.
Palutz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #22
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Chris you had me cracking up through this whole thing

Sucks though man. My loaner was an impala also lol
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #23
Palutz59
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 1LE soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBiker View Post
I never take my cars or bikes to ANYONE unless I do not have the tool to do the job with. That said, you obviously don't have a tire changer at your house, so one of two options would be prudent in the future. Option 1: Buy a extra set of wheels that the snow tires stay mounted on. Option 2: Remove either the front only or the rear only and take them to have them swapped without the car being present.
I have taken the wheels off my wife's '98 Twin Turbo Toyota Supra many times and taken only the wheels to the shop to have new tires mounted. Why would I do that you ask? Because if I take the car in, the service guys take the car for a "road test" and drive it like they stole it. I caught the low-lifes doing burnouts with my brand new set of tires and laughing like monkeys once, THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!
If you want it done correctly, make it impossible for them to screw up.
In high school I worked at a tire shop and the test driving you speak of happened every day when a nicer car came in. NEVER LEAVE YOUR CAR AT TIRE SHOPS
Palutz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:31 AM   #24
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moserbe View Post
Are you trying to tell us that in Boston there is no place that can change your tires? Hell, I live in the middle of nowhere (50 miles to the mall) and we have Bastian Tires that can do all of them.
What's the motivation behind that question? To make me look stupid? Actually curious as to what's behind that question.

I said that I had tried two other places. I had an appointment. Like you call up, they assure you they can do it? It's not typical that on an internet post, somebody tells you their life story just to justify what they did or why they did it. But OK, here goes:

I'm kinda busy. My Dad is 75 and has scoliosis, stenosis, sciatica, bad knees, and a bad heart. He still insists on doing everything himself. My mom has an incurable and rear vascular disease. During the weekdays, I work, then go to their house and...well, work. Until mid-March this year I was deathly sick and have to have two operations, which kinda put a damper on a lot of things, so a lot of things I need to do have really piled up.

On the weekends, I end up cramming in everything else I need to do just for a normal routine. So when I need to have something done like change out snow tires. I make an appointment. Because it's easier to schedule things. I have things to do. Just like I mentioned in my first post. I try to get those things done and out of the way, so I can do things that I want to do, after the things I need to do are taken care of.

So when I showed up to my appointment and they couldn't do it, that's a bit of a monkey wrench in my plans. I had a plan B. They couldn't do it either. Plan C- just like I alluded to- was either a shady service center, or the dum-dum service center. I can't spend all day doing this. I also can't get it done on Sunday. It's also hard to do it during the weekday, because by the time I get out of work and fight traffic, its a crapshoot if I'm going to catch a service center open. And I'm hurting my expensive snow tires all the meanwhile. I can't wait until next Saturday to try all over again.

Driving all over hells' creation to get this done is not an option. Yeah call ahead and find out- I did that to begin with and you see where that got me. I can drive 50 miles, 100 miles, 1,000 miles to any GM service center in the entire nation. I just don't have the time on weekends to screw around like that.

Right now I'm waiting for a store to open so I can get my ass busting on Sunday too, so by the time I come back I can do my laundry for the week so I'll have the luxury of clean clothes, then it's off to my folks to mow the damned lawn before Dad decides he can do it. I used to have weekends open for 48 hours. Not these days. About 50% of the time I'm really strapped for time on the weekends. This is one of those times.

Is having those personal problems and schedule needs OK with you, or should I seek permission to have them, in case you disapprove?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #25
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Chris you had me cracking up through this whole thing

Sucks though man. My loaner was an impala also lol
They aren't bad cars actually. But it's like driving a cardboard cutout. I find it to utterly lack any personality. It's anonymous, which is perfect if you just want a car, I suppose

The funny thing about the Imp they gave me- it has the radio that my Solstice GXP had. With that center on/off and volume button, I found that it's a really convenient radio for a manual trans, plus it's a 6 CD changer. I wish that radio was in my Camaro!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #26
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
so you are still going to trust them with your car? I believe I would have them pay to take it to a dealer who did not screw things up and knew the car better.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #27
Bcarr

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
What's the motivation behind that question? To make me look stupid? Actually curious as to what's behind that question.

I said that I had tried two other places. I had an appointment. Like you call up, they assure you they can do it? It's not typical that on an internet post, somebody tells you their life story just to justify what they did or why they did it. But OK, here goes:

I'm kinda busy. My Dad is 75 and has scoliosis, stenosis, sciatica, bad knees, and a bad heart. He still insists on doing everything himself. My mom has an incurable and rear vascular disease. During the weekdays, I work, then go to their house and...well, work. Until mid-March this year I was deathly sick and have to have two operations, which kinda put a damper on a lot of things, so a lot of things I need to do have really piled up.

On the weekends, I end up cramming in everything else I need to do just for a normal routine. So when I need to have something done like change out snow tires. I make an appointment. Because it's easier to schedule things. I have things to do. Just like I mentioned in my first post. I try to get those things done and out of the way, so I can do things that I want to do, after the things I need to do are taken care of.

So when I showed up to my appointment and they couldn't do it, that's a bit of a monkey wrench in my plans. I had a plan B. They couldn't do it either. Plan C- just like I alluded to- was either a shady service center, or the dum-dum service center. I can't spend all day doing this. I also can't get it done on Sunday. It's also hard to do it during the weekday, because by the time I get out of work and fight traffic, its a crapshoot if I'm going to catch a service center open. And I'm hurting my expensive snow tires all the meanwhile. I can't wait until next Saturday to try all over again.

Driving all over hells' creation to get this done is not an option. Yeah call ahead and find out- I did that to begin with and you see where that got me. I can drive 50 miles, 100 miles, 1,000 miles to any GM service center in the entire nation. I just don't have the time on weekends to screw around like that.

Right now I'm waiting for a store to open so I can get my ass busting on Sunday too, so by the time I come back I can do my laundry for the week so I'll have the luxury of clean clothes, then it's off to my folks to mow the damned lawn before Dad decides he can do it. I used to have weekends open for 48 hours. Not these days. About 50% of the time I'm really strapped for time on the weekends. This is one of those times.

Is having those personal problems and schedule needs OK with you, or should I seek permission to have them, in case you disapprove?
Well said! You have a lot on your plate. I wouldn't worry about defending yourself here. There are always a group that like to come on here and challenge everything. Like they need to be superior because they know a better way.

I've just learned to laugh and move on!

Good luck on your wheel situation...
Bcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #28
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
That is rediculous. I work at the quick lube of a dealorship, and cant even imagine doing crap like that. First of all, we would never get away with it. Second, i would never allow myself to "finish" a shotty repair/service, whatever it may be. But i would just like to say to all, if you are one of the people who take your car in for an oil change, and then stare at them through the glass for 33 minutes straight, why dont you just do it yourself? Either trust them to do it right, or take it somewhere you do. We always hate it when some customers do that, because if they cant trust us enough to do it without being glared at, then they should just do it themselves Obviously your situation is different, its actual service work, Im just sayin. At my dealorship, we dont mess around when we are working on a customer vehicle. And if we screw up, we tell them immediately and do our best to correct it. Maybe most other places arent like that, but staring at them is still rediculous.

sorry for the rant, just being a little defensive i guess
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote