Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #225
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
Which suspension mod would you say was the best bang for the buck? I want to start doing suspension mods but I'm not sure where to start. Also, any reason why you went with Pedder's as opposed to any other brand?
What are your goals? Twists and turns or straight line?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #226
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Twist and turns seem a whole lot more fun that just in a straight line so twist and turns
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #227
lscamaro

Quote:
Twist and turns seem a whole lot more fun that just in a straight line so twist and turns
By far the sway bars then. I only have the front sway bar on the car right now but even with just that one, there's an immediate noticeable difference. The car doesn't dive into a turn anymore. It is very planted and stable. I know it's hard to believe since our cars are such pigs but it feels like you're driving a much smaller car. It's something you don't really understand until you feel it for yourself.

Having said that, I went with pedders for a few reasons. I met Pete in person and he is a great guy and genuinely would do anything to help you out. Another thing was the results. I know there's a lot of "fanboyism" on the forums between brands but I went with the proven brand. Every event pedders entered, they either won or got real close to winning. At camarofest, cars with their products made up pretty much the top 5. Most will dispute with you that pedders "blah blah blah" but results and proof were hard to overlook. For the sway bars, I also chose pedders for a VERY significant reason. Their Z sway bars were the only ones proven to not rub with v6 calipers. A lot say that if you put on the oem zl1 sways or another manufacturers zl1 bars on a car with v6 calipers they will rub. Pedders were the only ones that wouldn't do that. That's the reason I chose their sways over anyone elses. If you don't want to do the FE4 suspension conversion than any companies will do.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #228
jmontalvo

I take it you got the FE4 conversion kit from Pedder's then, right? How is the car when take pretty fast left turns on the road? Does it stay much more level than before?
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #229
lscamaro

Quote:
I take it you got the FE4 conversion kit from Pedder's then, right? How is the car when take pretty fast left turns on the road? Does it stay much more level than before?
Yes I have the fe4 conversion from pedders. Unfortunately I haven't been able to install it yet. Ran out of time before school started. I should be getting it installed pretty soon though. I did install the front sway from pedders and with just that, the car is way more level for sure. You can really feel it when you first finish the install. Buddies who drive the car tell me all the time how I got it to not "curl" on turns because theirs does. It's honestly a very worthwhile mod that will definitely not disappoint. Also from talking to other members, the rear sway with the conversion will make an even bigger difference so I'm anxious for some free time so I can install that.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #230
lscamaro

Well after a long time, I have finally put in the order for the first step of something I have wanted for a very long time. Stay tuned.......

Old 03-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #231
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Well after a long time, I have finally put in the order for the first step of something I have wanted for a very long time. Stay tuned.......
Front bumper?
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #232
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Front bumper?
Nope

Old 03-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #233
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Hmmm
Old 03-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #234
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Hmmm

Old 03-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #235
jmontalvo

I'm pretty sure it starts with an "N"
Old 04-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #236
lscamaro

So being busy with school and work, I haven't had much time to update this build thread. Like I said a couple of posts back, I did indeed put the wheel in motion for my next mod. I got these bad boys about a month ago just haven't had time to update the thread. I've also not updated because I myself have not actually seen the tires haha. I've been caught up with projects, school, and work that I haven't been back home in 2 months and haven't seen them in person. I will be seeing them this weekend and will take more pics then! By the way, the tires are Nitto Motivo's in 275/40/20 and 315/35/20. I snagged them a month ago because of the insane deal discount tire direct was having. Was able to save 200 dollars on the set

Old 04-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #237
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
What tires are those? And most importantly what will they be mounted on?
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #238
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Wheels and tires?...