Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #141
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
You may have just outdone yourself there, Scott. Thank you. Very nice, very humble (when I have a feeling you might have wanted to be otherwise), very funny, as well as very touching. You pretty much told the whole story exactly as it is, unfortunately that's not quite good enough for some. Well, I just ask that you don't take it too personally. I know you do because you care so much, just try not to so much. We're not all agin' ya. Keep on keepin' on, fbodfather, and the majority of us will continue to be right behind you!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #142
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
fbodfather, your're right. It's easy for people to hide behind a computer. Rock on. All is well in the universe.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #143
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
...Don't know what you said to OldTimer but he got his problem solved...
I read the whole thread too, well I thought I did, and missed where OldTimer posted his issue has been resolved?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #144
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
I read the whole thread too, well I thought I did, and missed where OldTimer posted his issue has been resolved?
I didn't see it either. I think there is another thread about it. Edit for link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21647

Last edited by erasedgod; 05-07-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #145
achalk

Drives: 2SS/RS+GFX/black/black
I certainly see both sides of this debate and I don't claim to wave a "right" or "wrong" flag. However, I disagree that airing a dissenting opinion on either side of this or any issue is "flaming" any person. We all love the car, and most of us respect GM!

We, as a society, are impatient people, for sure. Always have been, even before the internet. But, this day and age, to blame the internet for allowing too much informatio is ridiculous. A large company, like GM, should absolutely understand how the internet works by now, and clearly has marketing strategies/campaigns directed towards its use. They can't then say that too much information is out there, using it as a crutch/excuse. The internet factor must be built into any viable marketing plan, knowing its pros and cons.

Every system in every industry can be made better. Learn from the errors and correct them, that's all.

I appreciate Scott and everyone on this forum for their posts...fact, opinion, feedback, etc... I, like everyone, would love to have my car now. But, as I don't claim to understand all the logistics behind keeping me from getting it (I'm sure most of which are very legitimate), I will wait....knowing that I'll be very happy with the end result!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #146
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
This still does not explain why so many of us that orddered Oct 13 still haven't been built. Where are the priorities? There where at most 3000 orders that first day. Add that to maybe a 1000 rental cars and 4000 dealer cars that's around 9000 cars. There should be more than that number built by now. Why is it that many of us have sat for weeks and weeks at Event 3000 or 3300 and others are even at 1100 still.
Others have ordered in Feb and got their car weeks ago. That doesn't bother me as much as not knowing why the hold up. I know some of you are going to say that Scott already answered that. He did not. He answered why early built cars were being retrofit. NOT why we were given a TPW weeks ago but have not been built?

That's what some of us want to know and just can't get an answer about.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #147
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
CWIweldace:

This is understandable. I am taking a shot here, and may not be 100% on target. but, I would think, that a lot is factored into the production schedules concerning various option mixes. When you have such a braod spectrum of combinations, a lot could conceivable rest on when x number of similar combinations are recieved which can be batched together.

That is purely speculative on my part. So I can't say whether or not that is true. Someone closer to the actual manufacturing scheduling process could prbably shed more light on how the actual orders are processed and distributed for production.

and then there are all the other factors which I mentioned in another post:

Geez, does anyone besides me, recall that we had been told that Preorders were targeted to be completed by the Third Quarter???????

Consider this folks, you have 15,000 preorders, each uniquely defined and optioned to individual tastes. I am no mathematician, but conceivably this could result in 15.000 different cominations of options. Add to this the Dealer cars (some 6,000 or so vehicles) and Some cars for dealer stock, which takes away your ability to get exactly what you want should you elect to go that route. Assuming you build two additional cars for dealer stock, we are looking at 33,000 vehicles pushed into the pipeline. That is basically a third of what GM was intending to build at the time of announcement of this vehicle (Ed Peper and Bob Lutz were hoping for 100k vehicle sales each model year to sustain this car in production).

So, what we have here is pent up demand, anxious people, production combinations which really end up blocking similar models together during production.

As I have said in some of my other posts, the manufacturing of any automobile is a complex process. Those of us who have plunked down our hard earned cash, are expecting to have a vehicle the way we want it, not to pick a compromise from dealer stock.

Before I close this out, I must express my disappointment in the fact that this does not register with folks on here. You are getting the car the way you want it. AS long as it meets the third Quarter timeline we have been told, it boils down to our collective anxiety and impatience.

Since this is the first vehicle I have ordered to spec, in my lifetime, I am equally as anxious about when it will get here. The fact is, that It will get here when it gets here. That is the way the world works.

I will have a New Camaro, equipped the way I want it not out of some dealer stock order. That is something for which I am truly happy!

I am not trying to make any excuses for anyone. Just throwing my thoughts and views out there.

Bottomline is I can't wait for my car. I am just as anxious as most everyone else on this board. When it gets here, my buddies and I are going to have one hell of a celebration!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #148
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Because yours is an early car.

We are retrofitting the early cars.

Would you rather that we ship the car to your dealer with things that we don't think are acceptable?

Reflashes, for example, do not take 5 minutes. Done properly, they take a substantial amount of time.

We ARE motivated to get them out as quick as possible...we don't want upset customers -- and we don't want to tie up money by parking cars in a lot somewhere and just letting them sit.

I'm sorry you're upset......we're turning them around as fast as we can.
No you're not. Period. If you (meaning GM and certainly no disrespect to you directly) were doing everything possible, the "area 51" cars would be complete. I understand that a BCM reflash is not a 5 minute job- granted. What I am saying is that if there are 5 people doing it, there should instead be 50. If there are 50, there should instead be 100. Same with the power steering pump retrofit. There is no excuse for my car to still be at Pontiac 21 days later much less for Teri's car to still be there 30 days later while some Pontiac arrivals are being turned around in 2 days. Am I or my dealer not screaming loud enough yet? Are the squeaky wheels getting the grease?

You, sir, were so proud- rightly so- that you could build this car in 4 days; 30 to fix it? Bottom line IMO, the labor and/or materials (hand-held programmers, pumps, etc) have not been correctly allocated to get the job done in a timely fashion. Your decision? Of course not. And I sincerely DO FEEL BAD that it appears I'm venting at you. Give me another constructive avenue to do so and I'll gladly pursue it. Customer service is a joke. My dealer has called everyone just short of trying the retired Rick Wagoner to get a straight answer on delivery and has come up empty to this point...

As far as the pre-orders who are still at 1100 while orders after the pre-order period are in production and in some cases, have already been delivered,- that blows. Period (again). I understand the basic mechanics of your franchise agreements but if you can "screw" some dealers by give dealers with more Mustangs in their area preferential treatment (more allocation) then you sure as hell ought to be able to give the pre-orders preferential treatment.

Again, this is NOT directed at you.

/end rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4PK View Post
fbodfather, your're right. It's easy for people to hide behind a computer. Rock on. All is well in the universe.
I'll meet him or someone who can actually give me a straight answer other than " You want it now or you want it right?" face-to-face anytime.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #149
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
It was in the thread that he started. I'll dig it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Ok guys, issued resolved. I have spoken with the CEO of Mac Haik and he could not have been more apologetic and humble. He did and said all the right things so I say lets close the issue. He is embarrassed at how it was handled by his own people so I cannot blame the dealer or GM for an employee that created this whole mess.

I accept their apology, I have told them so and I am very appreciative of them contacting me right away and doing the right thing!

I will get my CGM 2SS/RS with 20" polished wheels for MSRP as promised.

Thanks for the support from all of you.

Last edited by PQ; 05-07-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #150
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
No you're not. Period. If you (meaning GM and certainly no disrespect to you directly) were doing everything possible, the "area 51" cars would be complete. I understand that a BCM reflash is not a 5 minute job- granted. What I am saying is that if there are 5 people doing it, there should instead be 50. If there are 50, there should instead be 100. Same with the power steering pump retrofit. There is no excuse for my car to still be at Pontiac 21 days later much less for Teri's car to still be there 30 days later while some Pontiac arrivals are being turned around in 2 days. Am I or my dealer not screaming loud enough yet? Are the squeaky wheels getting the grease?

You, sir, were so proud- rightly so- that you could build this car in 4 days; 30 to fix it? Bottom line IMO, the labor and/or materials (hand-held programmers, pumps, etc) have not been correctly allocated to get the job done in a timely fashion. Your decision? Of course not. And I sincerely DO FEEL BAD that it appears I'm venting at you. Give me another constructive avenue to do so and I'll gladly pursue it. Customer service is a joke. My dealer has called everyone just short of trying the retired Rick Wagoner to get a straight answer on delivery and has come up empty to this point...

As far as the pre-orders who are still at 1100 while orders after the pre-order period are in production and in some cases, have already been delivered,- that blows. Period (again). I understand the basic mechanics of your franchise agreements but if you can "screw" some dealers by give dealers with more Mustangs in their area preferential treatment (more allocation) then you sure as hell ought to be able to give the pre-orders preferential treatment.

/end rant

I'll meet him or someone who can actually give me a straight answer other than " You want it now or you want it right?" face-to-face anytime.

X the hundreds and hundreds of cars that sit there at GMs whim!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #151
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post

/end rant

Maybe there is more here than meets the eye. Maybe it wasn't just the flashing that needed to be done. Maybe there was an entire checklist of problems that they are fixing with the first 2000 vehicles. They may have noticed the problem and fixed them on the assembly line causing those vehicles after you to get delivered ahead of yours.

Well, we have the window indexing problem, the brake problem (weights), and the power steering pump (not including what's up with the V6 manual).
Who knows, maybe it's not just a "let's fix it" and more of a "let's rebuild it."

Old 05-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #152
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Finally good news, hopefully for all of us that have been on hold at 3000-3300. Mine finally moved to 3400 yesterday and 3800 today. VIN 8002. I am happy that my baby has been born. I just hope it doesn't take another 6 weeks to get it. Maybe all of our orders will start moving now.

If there was a legitimate reason for the delays then why not just say it and let us know instead of letting the frustration build? I will be pleased if I see my car by the end of the month but i'm not holding my breath at this point either.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #153
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Maybe there is more here than meets the eye. Maybe it wasn't just the flashing that needed to be done. Maybe there was an entire checklist of problems that they are fixing with the first 2000 vehicles. They may have noticed the problem and fixed them on the assembly line causing those vehicles after you to get delivered ahead of yours.

Well, we have the window indexing problem, the brake problem (weights), and the power steering pump (not including what's up with the V6 manual).
Who knows, maybe it's not just a "let's fix it" and more of a "let's rebuild it."

Then rebuild it on the production line... and give me a new VIN...

sell the first 2000 cars the same way you do the CTF cars...

don't rebuild it in Pontiac Michigan !!!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #154
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
I pre-ordered in Nov. I don't have my car yet, but it is scheduled to get built next week. I don't see why all the bitching and whining about not having a pre-ordered car is so popular here. I've waited since 2002 to get another Camaro, I can wait another few months if needed. I'm just GLAD to see that they actually built the cars, and that the general population is now getting them. Yes, some people got their cars earlier than others. Big deal. Life isn't fair. If you just HAD to have a car today, I'm sure the right amount of zeroes on a check could persuade a current 2010 owner to let theirs go.

I look forward to having one in my garage soon!
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

Closed Thread