Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
June/July 2009 0-60 Magazine

I was at Barnes and Noble looking at the car magazines and then I noticed that the 0-60 mag had '2010 Camaro Straight Outta Jersey' on the cover. So I picked it up. I flipped until I found the camaro article. I read the entire article and it made me think that the writer was an idiot.

The point that pushed me over the edge was when he stated
"The shortcomings I overlooked before are now glowing a fluorescent pink. The low-cut roofline forces anyone over 6 feet tall to assume a very awkward seating position to fit in the car and still see out of the small windshield. The dash, in an attempt to evoke retro styling, just looks basic and cheap. The gauges, which looked fabulous in the concept car, now appear a tad hokey. And the steering wheel, with its fashion-over-function-design? Crap."

I've seen to notice that most articles coming out now are not very good. Since I pick up every mag and look it over. I only buy them if they have an interesting article or if there are good pictures.

The only thing I liked about this article was that they included some very good pictures. Like this one
Attached Images

Aequitas & Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I for one think the steering wheel is fantastic .. and that is coming from a guy who had an M steering wheel in my 135i. I still like the 135i steering wheel a little better, but this is a very close 2nd !!!

Crowley
Old 06-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
The shortcomings I overlooked before are well...just that, shortcomings. Not every car can please every person...I am thrilled to have my Camaro and while I would change/add a couple things, they are personal to me and certainly not a complaint about the car! I'm 6' exactly so the low-cut roofline doesn't bother me and the small windshield is holding true to the ceoncept...the dash, in an attempt to evoke retro styling...does just that in my opinion. The gauges, look fabulous to me...and the steering wheel, with its fashion-over-function-design...suits me just fine!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
THAT is the magazine my buddy, who works at Etown Raceway, saw testing the car. He said it was a pre-production one with about 5k HARD miles on it! From the beginning of the day to the end, he said they put on 380 miles! The clutch was shot and my buddy still managed to go 13.20 with it at 108mph after they got done abusing it! I think he bested there best pass, he's small and quite the driver himself.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I could agree a tad on the 'hokey', compared to the concept. But anything they were going to put to production was not gonna look anywhere close to the concept. But we're not paying 65k either.

Let's face it. The interior could be MUCH better as far as design and material but for the cost this car can NOT be beat.