Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
derekwp

Drives: Neon
New Movie: Avatar

Go. Now. Don't accept anything less than 720p.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/hd/
Old 08-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
WTB synopsis. The trailer didn't do it for me.

Looks like they put marines in alien body and then try to kill them...
Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #3
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
cool
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Very weird looking. Lord of The Rings meets Space Soldiers...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
diddiyo

Drives: .
looked promising until those elves showed up. i hate elves and fantasy crap like that.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
looked promising until those elves showed up. i hate elves and fantasy crap like that.
I think those are supposed to be replacement bodies for injured soldiers- bigger better faster engineered sort of thing. It's James Cameron and I'll give him $9 just for having made Alien. One of my favorites.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:27 AM   #7
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Synopsis from what I've heard, also taken from Wikipedia since it's 3AM and I'm a lazy arse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)

Quote:
The story’s protagonist, Jake Sully, is a former Marine who was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down in combat on Earth. Jake is selected to participate in the Avatar program, which will give him a healthy body. Jake travels to Pandora, a lush rainforest-covered extraterrestrial moon filled with incredible life forms – some beautiful, many terrifying. Pandora is also home to the Na’vi, a sentient humanoid race that humans consider primitive, but are actually more evolutionarily advanced than humans. Standing three meters tall, with tails and sparkling blue skin, the Na’vi live in harmony with their unspoiled world. As humans encroach deeper into Pandora's forests in search of valuable minerals, the Na’vi unleash their formidable warrior abilities to defend their threatened existence.

Jake has unwittingly been recruited to become part of this encroachment. Since humans are unable to breathe the air on Pandora, they have created genetically-bred human-Na’vi hybrids known as Avatars. The Avatars are living, breathing bodies that are controlled by a human 'driver' through a technology that links the driver’s mind to their Avatar body. On Pandora, through his Avatar body, Jake can be whole once again. Sent deep into Pandora's jungles as a scout for the soldiers that will follow, Jake encounters many of Pandora's beauties and dangers. There he meets a young Na’vi female, Neytiri, whose beauty is matched by her ferocity in battle.

Over time, Jake integrates himself into Neytiri's clan, and begins to fall in love with her. As a result, Jake finds himself caught between the military-industrial forces of Earth, and the Na’vi – forcing him to choose sides in an epic battle that will decide the fate of an entire world.
Basically a Science-Fantasy, Prius driving, tree hugger movie.. with furries, space marines, and giant robots.

Eh.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:06 AM   #8
fRenzy
Where's the Beer?

Drives: 07 Tacoma :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Basically a Science-Fantasy, Prius driving, tree hugger movie.. with furries, space marines, and giant robots.

Eh.
Nice work lol
Old 08-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
MrIcky

Quote:
Synopsis from what I've heard, also taken from Wikipedia since it's 3AM and I'm a lazy arse:

Eh.
LOL, oh no- I wanted to see this- now I'm going to be thinking Prius the whole time I'm watching it-and if there is any thing I hate- it's Priuses. DAMMMMMNNN YOUUUU
Old 08-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #10
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
LOL, oh no- I wanted to see this- now I'm going to be thinking Prius the whole time I'm watching it-and if there is any thing I hate- it's Priuses. DAMMMMMNNN YOUUUU
Yes.. especially military issue flying SPAZZ MARINE PRIUSES DRIVEN BY 10 FOOT TALL BLUE FURRY CAT PEOPLE!! XD
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #11
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:

Eh.
Even in space, us humans want to destroy the rain forest and all life in it.. Good grief.. Where's Captain Planet when you need him..

I bet in the movie, the name of the Marine unit is funded by Halliburton. And on Earth we are all driving V8's and all the oil has run out on Earth. And now they find oil on the Navi homeworld.. Halliburton realizes they have trees as well as oil.. Double the bounty.. Double the fun.. They are awarded the Government contract to mine Navi..

Now if the backstory resembles my synopsis above in the least bit, I will be laughing while watching this. Also if the evil General or the person in charge of the military human "evil" forces is named Cheney..

Last edited by Supermans; 08-21-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #12
MrIcky

Quote:
Yes.. especially military issue flying SPAZZ MARINE PRIUSES DRIVEN BY 10 FOOT TALL BLUE FURRY CAT PEOPLE!! XD
I don't know how I feel about that- however a hybrid APC is being tested in the desert behind where I work as we speak. I swear if it's shaped like an egg ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Even in space, us humans want to destroy the rain forest and all life in it.. Good grief.. Where's Captain Planet when you need him..

I bet in the movie, the name of the Marine unit is funded by Halliburton. And on Earth we are all driving V8's and all the oil has run out on Earth. And now they find oil on the Navi homeworld.. Halliburton realizes they have trees as well as oil.. Double the bounty.. Double the fun.. They are awarded the Government contract to mine Navi..

Now if the backstory resembles mine above in the least bit, I will be laughing while watching this. Also if the evil General or the person in charge of the military human "evil" forces is named Cheney..
I hope this isn't true. James Cameron hasn't been known for being a Cap'n Planet sort of guy. That would disappoint the hell out of me.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
the visuals are STUNNING!!!! I can't wait to see it.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #14
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
I don't know how I feel about that- however a hybrid APC is being tested in the desert behind where I work as we speak. I swear if it's shaped like an egg ...

I hope this isn't true. James Cameron hasn't been known for being a Cap'n Planet sort of guy. That would disappoint the hell out of me.
It's only coincidence that the planet is full of trees and the Americans are ordered to mine the planet for its natural resources killing animal life in the process. I don't mind any homage to Aliens or Titanic in this one since they are Camerons best two films.. However this whole story will be analyzed as an allegory of what we are doing to our own planet.

Last edited by Supermans; 08-21-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote