Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #57
BlemsBumble

Drives: '13 ZL1 #662; '10 SS; '99 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Anytime a dealer agrees to a sale, they made a good deal. Whether you did or not is up to you.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:23 PM   #58
1sweet11SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Anytime a dealer agrees to a sale, they made a good deal. Whether you did or not is up to you.
So true.....

If a dealer sells you a car and tells you they're "losing money on the deal"......they're lying.

Best advice is, whether you're buying or selling, do your homework/research and come up with a number you're willing to spend or sell for. Once you have that number, move forward with the deal and be satisfied. If you're not satisfied, walk away. Additionally, understand who you are selling to or buying from. Most importantly (and most difficult), if you are selling, you need to be REALISTIC and understand the value of your vehicle......not to YOU, but what the market says it's worth.
Autoclub Dragway Best MPH: 112.01 Jan 7, 2012
1sweet11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #59
Panther009

Drives: 2012 camaro 6.2 supercharged
WOW you guys paid a lot for your cars.
Panther009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #60
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
This sheep says the trade in offer was BAA BAA BAAD
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #61
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
lol
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #62
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Never buy a new car as an investment. Drive the car people. My ZL1 is doing just want I wanted it to do. Run and give me a daily dose of HP enjoyment.

Even the limited production Z28 is not guaranteed to increase in value.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #63
Awdition
Camaro out>CTS-V coupe in

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRcar View Post
I worked at a chevy dealership years ago, and an older gentleman bought a new vette out of the showroom. The next day he was back with 75 miles on it over what he left with. Told the dealer his wife hated the color, and wanted to trade it in so he could order the right color. It cost him 3k, and that was 20 years ago.
Wow - that's harsh considering it can take a week or more for the dealership to submit the registration..esp in the old days before email. Sounds to me like the Chevy dealer you worked for was taking advantage of buyer remorse. I took back a Corvette to my dealership the next day and they allowed me to swap for my Camaro even though it was less money. I didn't lose a penny, and they will get my repeat business.

OP - I notice you deleted the original post, but some of the responses have been harsh - you're not a child, you don't need to grow up, you just hurt because the dealer isn't prepared to meet your expectation. I hate it when a zillion people tell you 'I told you so' as though you need to be educated by their majesty.

I feel for you buddy, good luck finding someone who will give you closer to your expectations.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #64
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Here in NY you have 3 days to change your mind. You might have to go down to the auction in PA to get your trade-in back though, lol.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #65
Awdition
Camaro out>CTS-V coupe in

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Here in NY you have 3 days to change your mind. You might have to go down to the auction in PA to get your trade-in back though, lol.
LOL - yeah - they don't mess around in terms of getting their trade in money back - that's for sure!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #66
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
awdition, thank you for the kind words. I thought I was going to get a different reaction, but yeah sometime people sense a chance to scold someone or talk down to you like it was your first car, and they figure why miss out on an opportunity. I have bought many cars, I am very familiar with the process and I don't need a lesson. I am not angry about it either, my main intention was something that I can see will not happen, because judging from the responses I can see many people agree with the dealers and openly accept being taken out to the woodshed by them. I learnt a lesson that it was futile to try to encourage people to take a firmer stand for the values of their cars. I know it was a small stand, but doesn't it have to start somewhere?. I can be sure someone will be trying to tell me again, all about depreciation again.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #67
TXISKING

Drives: '13 ZL1 725 rwhp / 700 ft lb tq
It's not all about depreciation... It also includes cost of doing business. If you want the most $ for your car. Sell it to an individual that plans on keeping it. Trying to maximize your return on someone that will have mounting expenses to sell a car is not the best way to trade. It is a very complicated process to buy, recondition, market, advertise and insure a pre owned car. Each of these things listed adds cost to the purchase as well as many additional I have not listed.

I am not trying to preach believe me. It gets frustrating when value is less than perceived value. However, at any given time an item is worth exactly what someone will pay. No more no less. You just ran across someone that didn't see the value that you put on your car.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #68
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
awdition, thank you for the kind words. I thought I was going to get a different reaction, but yeah sometime people sense a chance to scold someone or talk down to you like it was your first car, and they figure why miss out on an opportunity. I have bought many cars, I am very familiar with the process and I don't need a lesson. I am not angry about it either, my main intention was something that I can see will not happen, because judging from the responses I can see many people agree with the dealers and openly accept being taken out to the woodshed by them. I learnt a lesson that it was futile to try to encourage people to take a firmer stand for the values of their cars. I know it was a small stand, but doesn't it have to start somewhere?. I can be sure someone will be trying to tell me again, all about depreciation again.
Your doing it voluntarily. How can that be considered "being taken to the woodshed"?
Old 01-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #69
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
You have not yet explained exactly how we should "take a stand for the value of our cars." I am still, patiently, waiting for a logical methodology for increasing trade in value that does not involve the destruction of the majority of the other cars in circulation.

You're upset about poor trade-in value. I get it. But you seem to believe there's a way to allay that issue. Tell me how you propose doing it. It isn't scolding, and there is no woodshed. There is only reality and a reasonable person expecting a reasonable answer.

Enlighten me.
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #70
Let It Rein

Drives: 2014 Speed Inc ZL1
If I made money off every car I bought, tired of, and then sold, Id be loaded!!!! Everyone pisses money away on something, my drug just happens to be cars.
Let It Rein is offline   Reply With Quote