Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #855
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
I am absolutely LIVID right now! I was told by my service Rep that GM TACH informed them since the top was not actively leaking, they would not do any further repairs as, and I quote " its not a factory installed top, so its never going to be as perfect as a new top." Further more, while my car was in for the last top install and rear window motor replacement, the rear seat back (driver side) was pulled forward away from the trunk, exposing the white paint. I informed them of this the following week when I brought it back in (yesterday) their reply- the rear seat back is torn, which was probably caused when the stereo was installed, so they wont cover it. Um- the stereo was installed at the JL Audio factory 3+ months ago- this happened last week! Not only has the stereo not been messed with since install (which should be evident by any dust on the box, etc) but no one can sit behind me in that side, due to my driving position, so there's no feasible way for it to get damaged by anyone other than GM or the trim shop! I am SOOOOOO pissed. They forwarded me to the managers voice mail. That was a nice touch.

I've opened a complaint with GM Customer Service- this better get resolved!

Congratulations Chevy, after my 5th GM product, 3 of which were Camaros- I WILL NEVER BUY A GENERAL MOTORS VEHICLE AGAIN!!!!

What's even worse is, this was my first and only new car I've ever had. I saved for 4 years in anticipation of this thing. Unbelievable!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #856
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Wow.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #857
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
Quote:
I was told by my service Rep that GM TACH informed them since the top was not actively leaking, they would not do any further repairs as, and I quote " its not a factory installed top, so its never going to be as perfect as a new top."
Gee, last time I checked, the factory top WASN'T perfect!! If it was we wouldn't have had to replace them. Not to mention, the issue is with the top frame pinching the top not the cloth top itself. I also believe I am correct that GM told our service depts to replace the tops and the have they nerve to say they won't cover anything else because it wasn't factory installed. I think we all need to contact some news venues (newspapers, magazines and/or tv stations) about GM and their lack of a proper and permanent fix for this top problem, then maybe GM will do what needs to be done!

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #858
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
I am absolutely LIVID right now! I was told by my service Rep that GM TACH informed them since the top was not actively leaking, they would not do any further repairs as, and I quote " its not a factory installed top, so its never going to be as perfect as a new top." Further more, while my car was in for the last top install and rear window motor replacement, the rear seat back (driver side) was pulled forward away from the trunk, exposing the white paint. I informed them of this the following week when I brought it back in (yesterday) their reply- the rear seat back is torn, which was probably caused when the stereo was installed, so they wont cover it. Um- the stereo was installed at the JL Audio factory 3+ months ago- this happened last week! Not only has the stereo not been messed with since install (which should be evident by any dust on the box, etc) but no one can sit behind me in that side, due to my driving position, so there's no feasible way for it to get damaged by anyone other than GM or the trim shop! I am SOOOOOO pissed. They forwarded me to the managers voice mail. That was a nice touch.

I've opened a complaint with GM Customer Service- this better get resolved!

Congratulations Chevy, after my 5th GM product, 3 of which were Camaros- I WILL NEVER BUY A GENERAL MOTORS VEHICLE AGAIN!!!!

What's even worse is, this was my first and only new car I've ever had. I saved for 4 years in anticipation of this thing. Unbelievable!
Managers voice mail my but. I would have demanded to talk to him directly or I would have driven down there and spoke to him in person!.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #859
ambientweather

Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
HDRTD,

Not sure if you want to do this but contact BBB, file a complaint against the dealer and name the manager. Call your local consumer TV advocate, and tell your story about how you saved for a new car and this is what happened to you.

If you tell a compelling story, they will air it and ask for the dealers side of the story. This will likely get their butt in gear. Dont threaten a lawsuit or yell and scream at them (I know you haven't yet but you feel like it!) or they will shut the door on you.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #860
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientweather View Post
HDRTD,

Not sure if you want to do this but contact BBB, file a complaint against the dealer and name the manager. Call your local consumer TV advocate, and tell your story about how you saved for a new car and this is what happened to you.

If you tell a compelling story, they will air it and ask for the dealers side of the story. This will likely get their butt in gear. Dont threaten a lawsuit or yell and scream at them (I know you haven't yet but you feel like it!) or they will shut the door on you.
That should be directed at Drago77, not me, (no problem) I was just pointing out that If I was in Drago77's shoes, getting transferred to the manager's voice mail would not be satisfactory at all.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #861
dmullen

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro convertible
This is really getting scary...I'm really starting to think that this top issue is not going to get resolved which is freakin' unbelievable!
dmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #862
Xorshaik
An engineer

Drives: 4 wheels and a motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Managers voice mail my but. I would have demanded to talk to him directly or I would have driven down there and spoke to him in person!.
I just want to point out that I've lived in Michigan mostly, but also lived in Florida for a year. Very different attitudes about cars.
Xorshaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 PM   #863
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Drago, I'd pursue Lemon Law if you decide you've had enough.

Enough Lemon Law cases may get the manufacturer to take notice, but unfortunately you'll be gone as a GM owner then. It would at least help you get your money back, I think - or can someone tell me, does Lemon Law only get someone a replacement car?

Sorry for my ignorance.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:14 AM   #864
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Drago, I'd pursue Lemon Law if you decide you've had enough.

Enough Lemon Law cases may get the manufacturer to take notice, but unfortunately you'll be gone as a GM owner then. It would at least help you get your money back, I think - or can someone tell me, does Lemon Law only get someone a replacement car?

Sorry for my ignorance.
I think each state has it's own Lemon Laws, but in Florida it's replacement vehicle, or full refund of purchase prices... less an offsett for your usage (by mileage). I'm making sure I have all my ducks in a row in case this does go lemon law for me.
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #865
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
I think each state has it's own Lemon Laws, but in Florida it's replacement vehicle, or full refund of purchase prices... less an offsett for your usage (by mileage). I'm making sure I have all my ducks in a row in case this does go lemon law for me.
yup- and although my aggrevation level has me strongly concidering this option- look at all the $$$ I'd still lose out:

GM GFX bought/installed/painted outside or dealer ($2500)
JL Audio complete stereo install ($300)
Magnaflow custom cut cat-back exhaust ($1200)
S.W. Long Tube headers + Install ($1540)
Custom painted stripes ($850)
Grille vents, painted- ($200)
Tint (whole car $150)
Light black-outs (whole car + bow ties $100)

Not to mention all the stuff I could manually change over myself... wheels, CAI, engine chrome pieces, interior pieces, interior ABL etc...etc...)

The above alone is roughly a $7000 loss... and that's just what it cost to get installed initially... imagine having to remove new stock, remove old aftermarket, replace new stock with old aftermarket, and replace old aftermarket with new stock... I'm assuing that;s at least double the cost...)

AND being that they won't even reimburse me for a $60 rear window that I've had to re-tint THREE times becasue of them, I can only imagine the laughter I'd get if I approached reimbursment for the above!

I called GM Cust Svc yesterday, heard back from Beula, my rep... who informed me per the svc dept, the tops "in GM spec" and doesn't warrant any work, and again went into the JL Audio must have torn the rear seat (5 months ago) story that the svc dept told her... I explained the work GM and the trim shop did in the rear of my vehicle between the top and the window, as well as explaining that there's no way I would have driven off the dealer lot with the top the way it is now when I bought the car, so "GM spec" or not, fix it. She's supposed to call back to the svc dept today and try again.

I'm losing hope fast. perhaps a news outlet is the next course of action if this fails.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #866
jdec141c

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert 2SS/RS 6M Hurst
So any of you that have had the tape put on.... did it help?? My car is at the upholstery shop where they have brushed out one of the rub marks on the left but not on the right (100% better but not perfect). this would be replacement top number 2 for me. I would rather find out if the tape is working before i get another top and get rub marks in that one too. Luckily they will be paying to retint the back window for me in the event i do get top number 3. thanks. sorry Drago for all your hassles!!!
jdec141c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #867
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I had the tape job and with 1 week of use it seems to have worked along with the bracket trimming. Unfortunately they didn't anchor the top correctly above the back side windows and the whole top needs to be replaced. Brought the car in today so hopefully between GM, Dealer , Trim shop, everyone will talk and get the install correct this time without any more problems.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #868
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
With all the problems with either the Top or the Tonneau Cover we all need to band together and possibly one giant list of disgruntled vert owners putting in a complaint with the BBB. Isn't it enough with the band aid or maybe this will work fixes?
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote