Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Mdejes3

Drives: 2012 VR SS Vert w/ CGM stripes
-_- seriously chevy?

Okay i need to speak my mind for bit on here because i dont know what else to do. I have a 2012 2SS Vert, just picked it up from the dealer a month ago and it was amazing i got to build it with every option i could put on her. Even named her Pepper lol. its amazing riding around with top down and everyone staring and little kids pointing and what not. its the first car that i ever bought brand new, its anything i could ever ask for and im only 19. but two weeks ago i noticed, while cleaning my car that the rear driver floor was drenched in water. . i couldnt be more upset and i called my buddy whos a manager at the dealership i went to get her. and he said bring her in first thing the following mourning. so i did, and it took them 5 days till i got the car back, soo just saying, free trial for XM, and Onstar wasnt used lol but anyway im not complaining about that. ive have the car for 6 days now and it seems fine...till i brought her to the car wash . I know what some of you are going to say. whyd u bring a vert to a car wash, blah blah. lol it was a free wash, okay. i always do my own washes. anyway the climax of the story was i found the same carpet soaking wet! . Gez, what is up chevy? maybe its the dealer fault or something. but i know i love that car to death, and what not. but that wouldnt happen in a gt500 vert or an m3 vert?? moms on the ford team and she keeps saying that wouldnt of happened in a gt500, and recommending that i trade it in!~ .. I dont know i want to love chevy but seriously give me a reason to.. lol thanks for the vent people. comments are appreciated
Old 11-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
you probably have a heater core leak (if I'm remembering right anway). It's a documented problem on the coupes. I'd check the camaro issues/problems section for threads about it.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
you probably have a heater core leak (if I'm remembering right anway). It's a documented problem on the coupes. I'd check the camaro issues/problems section for threads about it.
Rear floorboard would not be the heater core. I had major leak problems also, and long story short the were two significant issues contributing.

1. The draintubes were dislodged. The drain tubes are on both sides of the car between the cabin and body of the car in the quarterpanels. The purpose of the drain tubes is to drain the water from the "well" that the convertible top folds into. The "well" holds a special water bag to funnel water to the drain tubes.

2. The water bag was cut too short. The water bag is a waterproof bag the encloses the well. The water bag is a hard to get part. My car was in the shop for almost a full 3 weeks just waiting on the part.

Good luck and congratulations!!!

Last edited by cam62; 11-07-2011 at 03:52 PM.
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Or it could be the rear seal around the trunk decklid. With my new top it is leaking by the rear window as the plastic seal from the top to the window came loose. Lots of reasons it could be leaking. Get it in. Get it documented. And get it fixed. Way to many problems with the 2011/2012 Verts
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
The Stig

I knew the heater core was wrong, just couldn't remember what the TSB was for.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Read some of the posts..If I recall there has also been some verts with the rear window rubber gaskets leaking but if you had lots of water I would probably suspect the drain tubes.
Again read some of the posts.Work with your dealer to resolve the issue.They are great cars.
Congrats on your purchase and let gm make it right.
also I believe Jeff Morris? of GM has been monitoring these posts.If all else fails send him a PM
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdejes3 View Post
Okay i need to speak my mind for bit on here because i dont know what else to do. I have a 2012 2SS Vert, just picked it up from the dealer a month ago and it was amazing i got to build it with every option i could put on her. Even named her Pepper lol. its amazing riding around with top down and everyone staring and little kids pointing and what not. its the first car that i ever bought brand new, its anything i could ever ask for and im only 19. but two weeks ago i noticed, while cleaning my car that the rear driver floor was drenched in water. . i couldnt be more upset and i called my buddy whos a manager at the dealership i went to get her. and he said bring her in first thing the following mourning. so i did, and it took them 5 days till i got the car back, soo just saying, free trial for XM, and Onstar wasnt used lol but anyway im not complaining about that. ive have the car for 6 days now and it seems fine...till i brought her to the car wash . I know what some of you are going to say. whyd u bring a vert to a car wash, blah blah. lol it was a free wash, okay. i always do my own washes. anyway the climax of the story was i found the same carpet soaking wet! . Gez, what is up chevy? maybe its the dealer fault or something. but i know i love that car to death, and what not. but that wouldnt happen in a gt500 vert or an m3 vert?? moms on the ford team and she keeps saying that wouldnt of happened in a gt500, and recommending that i trade it in!~ .. I dont know i want to love chevy but seriously give me a reason to.. lol thanks for the vent people. comments are appreciated
I feel your pain man, my car had water build up in the same spot (but i dont have a vert). took it to the dealer three times, each time they fixed a different issue. Finally got it fixed. My car is only 8 months old and been in the shop 6 times for three diff. issues. This car is gorgeous.....but they are made like s*#t.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I knew the heater core was wrong, just couldn't remember what the TSB was for.
You were thinking about the air conditioning tube that would get the floor wet, this sounds more like the quarter drain tubes because the carpet got wet again after the car wash.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
You were thinking about the air conditioning tube that would get the floor wet, this sounds more like the quarter drain tubes because the carpet got wet again after the car wash.
Yep that was it.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #10
Mdejes3

damn, well talked to my buddy over at east hills chevy. bringing her in tomarro..again.. hopefully they dont take two long and i can actually enjoy this car befor winter
Old 11-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #11
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
I too had a leak that soaked my rear passenger floorboard. Here is my previous post on what they found when I took it in to the dealer. Hopefully your problem will not be as bad as mine was. Good luck!

Cam 62, I got my car back this afternoon, 10 days in the shop. My drain tube on the right side was kinked, which they say probably happened when the top was replaced, so they fixed it, did a water test and it still leaked. The next thing they checked was the water bag which was bad and they replaced it per TSB, did another water test and it still leaked. They ended up taking the right rear window panel out and found that the lower body seam had not been sealed so they fixed it did another water test and it still leaked so again they took off rear window panel and found that a top body seam also had not been sealed so they fixed that one, did a water test and thank God it didn't leak! New carpet they installed looks good, can't even tell it was replaced. Hopefully once they fix the water bag on your car it won't leak anymore! Keep us posted. So glad to have my baby back!!!

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #12
Mdejes3

ouch hope its something that wont take to long just dyed my stiching red and blacked out the tail lights and havent even been able to show them off lol
Old 11-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Mdejes3, sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your vehicle. Let me know how things go for you at the dealer. I hope everything gets taken care of and if not I'm here to help you!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #14
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Damn! Dude! Why'd you take it through a car wash? Because it was a "freebie"? And you knew better but did it anyway? You don't always do your own car washes anymore. Really!

How often did you take your 'vert back to the dealer to get them to remedy the issue??? Sounds like you only went once. You know what? Screw trying to get the dealer to fix your 'vert. Trade it in. It's easier. Plus, your avatar is of a hardtop. I dunno what's up with you, man. Something's not right.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote