Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-27-2012, 01:24 AM   #29
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Hate to see this! I don't think I ever saw you around town either :( You got yours shortly after I got my coupe and I kept hoping to see an IBM vert around here. Best of luck to ya in your new car. Hope you found a similar color
Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #30
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
[QUOTE=Lycanine;5196688]Hate to see this! I don't think I ever saw you around town either :( You got yours shortly after I got my coupe and I kept hoping to see an IBM vert around here. Best of luck to ya in your new car. Hope you found a similar color [/QUOTE

I actually got a white car with a tan top, which is exactly like my 06 Solara I had.

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #31
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
On the lookout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey85 View Post
I actually got a white car with a tan top, which is exactly like my 06 Solara I had.
We'll be watching for the buyer of your Camaro. Hope you hid this Web Site URL address on a piece of paper in the console. We'll give him/her a warm welcome.

:party0038:
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #32
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
[QUOTE=rainey85;5196696]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Hate to see this! I don't think I ever saw you around town either :( You got yours shortly after I got my coupe and I kept hoping to see an IBM vert around here. Best of luck to ya in your new car. Hope you found a similar color [/QUOTE

hmm, exactly like MY 06 solara i had... and i sold it to a couple from florida... i agree they were great cars (but i got my stones broke constantly that it was a girls car LOL). they flew up to pick the car up and drive it home. how funny, guess we all have good taste in cars around here. too bad we cant get something from GM thats reliable...
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #33
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty1970 View Post
After many trips to the dealer I think they finally have mine fixed....
Nasty - which dealer did you use?

Get this. I took my car to Mac Haik to have some issues with my top looked at (squeak and rear seal issue) and they would not touch my car because I have an aftermarket intake, headers and exhaust. WTF!

Looking for a good service dept that doesn't pass the buck.....
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #34
wontsellit

Drives: IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Bummer. Should have gotten a coupe!
Wouldn't have made that much of a difference.My 2010coupe has been in the shop at least 8 times for things like-seized a/c compressor (2x). Muffler rattle,internal baffle broke loose,radiator replacement,antenna wire replaced,missing spacers from CV's..........
I'm in the market for a vette so once the right one come along it's bye,bye Camaro.
wontsellit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #35
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
This is one of the reasons I did not get a convertible. I will never own a car with a cloth top. Just don't trust cloth tops.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #36
bambam72_1999

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
GM lost another customer!!!

So I just got back from seeing the district service manager about the rub marks on my top. He says rub marks are normal, and wont even consider replacing just the top until the rub marks turn into holes! I said normal for a 40K car? Then I mentioned the whole new mechanism that is out and he said I dont think that will fit this car! R u kidding me??? All this and they know I have a GM case number but he doesnt seem to care. First American car in 10 years and now I remember why!!! What do I do to get this resolved without going through the Lemon Law or getting BBB involved. I really like the car but not all the issues.
bambam72_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #37
bambam72_1999

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
GM dealer offered me a LETTER!!??

The district service manager called and said he will offer me a letter that says he will stand behind the top until 5yr or 100K, but they are not going to do anything else until it becomes holes. Also, the passenger rear window actuator issue is being resolved like this... I can go on the lot to the new camaro convertibles and cycle the windows up and down and which ever actuator I want, they will take it out of the new car and put my faulty one into a brand new car!!! What is that about???
bambam72_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #38
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Forecast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam72_1999 View Post
The district service manager called and said he will offer me a letter that says he will stand behind the top until 5yr or 100K...
I just wonder where GM will be in 5 years?
We live in interesting times.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #39
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam72_1999 View Post
So I just got back from seeing the district service manager about the rub marks on my top. He says rub marks are normal, and wont even consider replacing just the top until the rub marks turn into holes! I said normal for a 40K car? Then I mentioned the whole new mechanism that is out and he said I dont think that will fit this car! R u kidding me??? All this and they know I have a GM case number but he doesnt seem to care. First American car in 10 years and now I remember why!!! What do I do to get this resolved without going through the Lemon Law or getting BBB involved. I really like the car but not all the issues.
Interesting that I never had rub marks on my Miata or my 1st. Solara. It is not normal and GM is just giving bs excuses. My Camaro was my 1st. American car in about 15yrs and it will be my last! My husband has a 2002 Honda that has only had the a/c compressor go bad and nothing else. We will stay loyal to Honda and Toyota from now on!

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #40
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
I just wonder where GM will be in 5 years?
We live in interesting times.
Probably gone, along with their savior..."O"
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #41
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey85 View Post
Interesting that I never had rub marks on my Miata or my 1st. Solara. It is not normal and GM is just giving bs excuses. My Camaro was my 1st. American car in about 15yrs and it will be my last! My husband has a 2002 Honda that has only had the a/c compressor go bad and nothing else. We will stay loyal to Honda and Toyota from now on!

You are right about the other manufacturer's tops. Ford has been stellar. You might want to watch Honda closely. I have had many, and now have 2. Both will be my last. The new ones are boring as hell, have no power, except for the Si, and quality has been slipping. Ford is looking better all the time.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #42
gbosh

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
Rainey85,you sure do have a remarkable 2002 Honda! I have never owned a 10 year old car that didn't need a new battery or not have to rebuild the brakes! Please for your saftey replace the front brake lines as they do become spongy and become weak from all the turning. You must do the regular maintenance or this Honda could be a death trap. Have you ever seen some of the first Honda's in car collections? Go and buy a 1969 SS 396 cherry Camaro and compare it too a one of the first Honda's value!
gbosh is offline   Reply With Quote