Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #43
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Dude RI has 7% sales tax. Quit your bitching.
No, are you happy paying .5% more than us? Do you have the excise tax too? Keep feeding the loafers and I'll keep my Camaro.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #44
HDDAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseB View Post
Joy!! Things I get to look forward to in the next few weeks when I buy my SS. Ugh I live here why?
Our excise tax for our SS's this year was $680.00. There were a lot of angry Bay Staters on this site last February.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #45
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
I've learned to "never say never" in life but I bought it for keeps.
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #46
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
No, are you happy paying .5% more than us? Do you have the excise tax too? Keep feeding the loafers and I'll keep my Camaro.
I believe we do have an excise tax, or they will be putting it on us soon. And I'd pay 10% sales tax to buy my camaro (wouldn't if it was say a dvd though). I've been paying this 7% sales tax since as far back as I can remember (I'm 24) so paying it is no big whoop to me (though obviously I would like to pay 0% but that ain't going to happen). I know you guys just got the 6.5% so you might still hate paying it. State government has got to run somehow.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #47
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I just started thinking about trading mine for another Challenger. I'm disappointed by the Camaro gas mileage.
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #48
S-10Ken

Drives: 94 S-10 01 Silverado 68, 10 Camaro
Mine is a keeper If anything Ill just add to the collection LOL
S-10Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #49
HDDAN

Quote:
I believe we do have an excise tax, or they will be putting it on us soon. And I'd pay 10% sales tax to buy my camaro (wouldn't if it was say a dvd though). I've been paying this 7% sales tax since as far back as I can remember (I'm 24) so paying it is no big whoop to me (though obviously I would like to pay 0% but that ain't going to happen). I know you guys just got the 6.5% so you might still hate paying it. State government has got to run somehow.
My friend, I have been paying it since it became law here in 1963. Yes I am that old. The state will always spend more than they take in. If they don't, the next year the budgets get cut. When I do not have enough money to run my household, I can not go to my employer and demand more money like the state can. I must use a novel approach called reduced spending. Are you a welfare recipient? I am not. With the $2,000.00 that the state took for sales tax on my SS, I could have bought some pretty neat options for my car. I am just the guy that works for the money, thats all. So you think that you should just absorb all of that highway robbery? I wish that you could move here and pay my taxes for me.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #50
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
My friend, I have been paying it since it became law here in 1963. Yes I am that old. The state will always spend more than they take in. If they don't, the next year the budgets get cut. When I do not have enough money to run my household, I can not go to my employer and demand more money like the state can. I must use a novel approach called reduced spending. Are you a welfare recipient? I am not. With the $2,000.00 that the state took for sales tax on my SS, I could have bought some pretty neat options for my car. I am just the guy that works for the money, thats all. So you think that you should just absorb all of that highway robbery? I wish that you could move here and pay my taxes for me.
No I'm not on welfare, I actually have a paying job. I actually pay taxes in two place, though mostly pay in Conn (I work in Conn and live in RI). Technically the state can't spend more than it takes in since its a federal law that no state can be in the red. That is why so many states are having problems because the money they are taking in isn't like it was 10 years ago and therefore they have to cut state spending in order to balance the budget. Only the federal government can spend more than it takes in.

As for paying your taxes and mine, nah I'm all set with paying Conn taxes, and RI income taxes (not that much since its only on my bank accounts).

BTW I bought my Camaro in Mass, but I still had to pay the sales tax, forgot what that came up to so your not the only one.

Edit: Anyways clearly we are off topic, so I'll leave the conversation if you want for one more time in your court, but from here on out I'll try to be more on topic since this isn't the place to debate this.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #51
lewylew

Drives: 2010 ZL550& 2021 C8 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Only way mine will go is if a Supercharged Z-28 is made.
Just buy the ZL

I plan on keeping mine forever.
lewylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #52
TXGooch21

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
I will be holding onto my car until it refuses to run any longer.....
Old 05-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #53
HDDAN

Quote:
No I'm not on welfare, I actually have a paying job. I actually pay taxes in two place, though mostly pay in Conn (I work in Conn and live in RI). Technically the state can't spend more than it takes in since its a federal law that no state can be in the red. That is why so many states are having problems because the money they are taking in isn't like it was 10 years ago and therefore they have to cut state spending in order to balance the budget. Only the federal government can spend more than it takes in.

As for paying your taxes and mine, nah I'm all set with paying Conn taxes, and RI income taxes (not that much since its only on my bank accounts).

BTW I bought my Camaro in Mass, but I still had to pay the sales tax, forgot what that came up to so your not the only one.

Edit: Anyways clearly we are off topic, so I'll leave the conversation if you want for one more time in your court, but from here on out I'll try to be more on topic since this isn't the place to debate this.
If you live in Rhode Island and your car is registered in Rhode Island, YOU DID NOT PAY MASSACHUSETTS SALES TAX. This is paid at the Registry of Motor Vehicles when you register your car. You also did not pay excise tax here because it is only levied on cars registered in Massachusetts by the cities and towns. If you are registered here and live in Rhode Island you are breaking the law. You are also wrong about what you said about a federal law requiring the states to not be in the red with spending. Read your constitution, specifically the 10th ammendment. California sure seems to be going bankrupt from over spending according to the news. This post was about keeping our cars. all I did was respond, and give the reasons why I am choosing to keep mine. I will be paying minimal sales taxes from now on because I am keeping my SS and I will be buying used cars from now on as my winter machines. They will get me 1 more time though when I replace my current Harley. When that is done, no more brand new vehocles. I will let people like you pay for the freeloaders.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #54
KowalskiCamaro

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 1SS & 2011 Durango
I promised my wife this car was my Father's Day gift for the next 20 years. I have to keep it.
KowalskiCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #55
Lor5150

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Going to keep it as long as I can. Don't know what the future holds, but I would love to keep it and give it one of my kids.

You said what I was thinking!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #56
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Whoa! What is this I hear about your nutz on your Camaro Robb?!?