Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #29
06MonteSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
it's all GM's fault...

that's why on diablo's forum, they're letting people know not to have their cars updated by the dealer to the new update... it's not gaining you anything, and the new calibration isn't supported yet...

yeah man... not to worry... they'll getcha goin...
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #30
Mark-HD

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange SS
I purchased a Diablo Trinty for my LS3 M6 and it came from Jannetty with the latest uploads. Took 5 minutes to load the 93 Octane tune. Ran great. I have now loaded the stock tune back in though. Had a Magnacharger installed last weekend. Bought HP Tuners to facilitate the tune for the maggie. Point here - I had no issues with the Diablo and the Race functins and logging are easy to do.
2010 Camaro SS, M6, MTI shifter and sway bars, GM quarter flares, Corsa catback, Roto-Fab CAI, 30% tinted windows, Lloyd's custom mats, Hawk ceramic pads, Pedders lower coils, Magnuson supercharger with 3.6 pulley, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Kook's LT's1 7/8 w/cats, Lingenfelter/SLP billet pedals, KW V'3 Coilovers, RevExtreme catch can, ---Ordered--- IconZ LS7 9 & 11" polished wheels!. Dyno'd 563.05 HP, 543.86 Torq.
Mark-HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #31
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
Who knows How to make the Diablo U7194 turn off the AFM. The help center called it DOD(displacement on demand). I installed the performance tune, it did fine. I can not figure how to turn off the Automatic Fuel Management system. both the supplier and the tech help center said it would turn it off. I tried the custom install, did not give the option.
WHO KNOWS HOW?????
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #32
carguy50

nobody told me you had to tear you trunk liner out and pull fuses. still can't figure out how to turn off AFM
Old 12-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #33
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy50 View Post
Who knows How to make the Diablo U7194 turn off the AFM. The help center called it DOD(displacement on demand). I installed the performance tune, it did fine. I can not figure how to turn off the Automatic Fuel Management system. both the supplier and the tech help center said it would turn it off. I tried the custom install, did not give the option.
WHO KNOWS HOW?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy50 View Post
nobody told me you had to tear you trunk liner out and pull fuses. still can't figure out how to turn off AFM
Couple of things here, CarGuy50... first of all, you don't have to do anything in the trunk to use a Predator. I pull the OnStar fuse, by removing the access panel on the drivers' side of the dash, it's a single fuse pull... and in all honesty, you can actually get by without doing it, but I usually do it anyway (PM me if you are having any trouble finding this.)

In terms of modifying options to my own tune, AFM and Wheel size are the ones I am most likely to manipulate... and since updating my own Predator to r11, I am also getting an "error" message when I try to modify any of the individual parameters... no doubt, this is something DiabloSports will address in an upcoming software release - they'll have to because of all the units they've sold and want to sell (BTW - software updates are super easy to apply to the unit and there's ton's of how-to's, etc. on the DiabloSports support forums.) The AFM (DOD) support *was* there in the Predator's r09 software release - I used it on my own unit. However, the AFM (DOD) support appears to have been temporarily disabled in the r11 release (which is on my Predator too.)

Whenever options start disappearing, it's usually because GM has made changes to the software system for the car, which in turn means that DiabloSports has to disable support for any modules/functions/parameters that have changed. This is to ensure that no one "bricks" their precious car. In turn, DiabloSport's engineers go back to the drawing board and crank out a software update to address GM's changes. This is as true for DiabloSports, as it is for HP Tuners, as it is for SuperChips.

Most important thing here is to breathe in/breathe out and put everything into perspective. Your Predator is not broken. This is how the game is played. GM makes updates to the various system modules/functions/parameters and anyone with a device/product designed do something with/to those system modules/functions/parameters has to react.

Call it cat and mouse, call it a pain in the a**, but it is what it is... but the worst case is you run w/AFM for a little while, until DiabloSport's releases a new software update.

UPDATE / EDIT: what do you know... after posting this reply, I went to the DiabloSports website... there is an r12 update available now! Here's a link to the file. I am going to download it an update my own Predator. Hopefully, we'll find that things can be modified again! More to come as things develop... ... ...

UPDATE / EDIT: Okay, so I downloaded the r12... then updated my Predator. Same thing. The unit is on r12 now but still cannot modify any of the parameters... this tells me their still working out some kinks. My thinking is that it's time for any Diablo owners in this forum to start burning up the threads on the DiabloSport support forum... this is the only way we are going to effect change, as it's on DiabloSports to gets this working for us again.

Last edited by Number_9; 12-13-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #34
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Number 9 has a Predator!!! SWEET!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #35
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
UPDATE / EDIT: Okay, so I downloaded the r12... then updated my Predator. Same thing. The unit is on r12 now but still cannot modify any of the parameters... this tells me their still working out some kinks. My thinking is that it's time for any Diablo owners in this forum to start burning up the threads on the DiabloSport support forum... this is the only way we are going to effect change, as it's on DiabloSports to gets this working for us again.

Unfortunately this doesnt leave a good feeling with me.......I know its not their fault that Gm Keeps changing stuff but.......mine doesnt work yet and it doesnt have all of the features i bought it for yet...........Frustrating
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #36
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjk7 View Post

Unfortunately this doesnt leave a good feeling with me.......I know its not their fault that Gm Keeps changing stuff but.......mine doesnt work yet and it doesnt have all of the features i bought it for yet...........Frustrating
If you haven't had your car in to the dealership for updates then shouldn't you be able to use an old R# for your Diablo. Guess I don't understand what the issue is unless you keep taking your car in to the dealership...
Old 12-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #37
carguy50

FRUSTRATED. AFM is the only reason i bought the damn thing.I took delivery on sept 19. it was not on the havc recall. it has only been in one time 5 days after i got it, for off the line hesitation.
asfor tearing the trunk liner out, the book that came with this POS said to pull the RADIO ,AMP and somthing else The radio and amp fuses are in the trunk passenger side................Yep..................still frustrated

Last edited by carguy50; 12-13-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #38
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If you haven't had your car in to the dealership for updates then shouldn't you be able to use an old R# for your Diablo. Guess I don't understand what the issue is unless you keep taking your car in to the dealership...

I just picked it up from the dealeship brand new......it hasn't been in for any service work. I drove it from the dealership to my house and it hasn't moved since.......that is the issue!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #39
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If you haven't had your car in to the dealership for updates then shouldn't you be able to use an old R# for your Diablo.
So I guess the problem is he bought the Predator well before the car was built and there were changes in place when his car was built and Diablo just has not caught up to all the changes. This is how I understant it. Very confusing
set of circumstances.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #40
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
he bought the Predator well before the car was built and there were changes in place when his car was built and Diablo just has not caught up to all the changes. This is how I understant it.
you are right,,,,,im just frustrated.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #41
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjk7 View Post
you are right,,,,,im just frustrated.
Yeah, very understandable. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #42
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
Couple of things here, CarGuy50... first of all, you don't have to do anything in the trunk to use a Predator. I pull the OnStar fuse, by removing the access panel on the drivers' side of the dash, it's a single fuse pull... and in all honesty, you can actually get by without doing it, but I usually do it anyway (PM me if you are having any trouble finding this.)

In terms of modifying options to my own tune, AFM and Wheel size are the ones I am most likely to manipulate... and since updating my own Predator to r11, I am also getting an "error" message when I try to modify any of the individual parameters... no doubt, this is something DiabloSports will address in an upcoming software release - they'll have to because of all the units they've sold and want to sell (BTW - software updates are super easy to apply to the unit and there's ton's of how-to's, etc. on the DiabloSports support forums.) The AFM (DOD) support *was* there in the Predator's r09 software release - I used it on my own unit. However, the AFM (DOD) support appears to have been temporarily disabled in the r11 release (which is on my Predator too.)

Whenever options start disappearing, it's usually because GM has made changes to the software system for the car, which in turn means that DiabloSports has to disable support for any modules/functions/parameters that have changed. This is to ensure that no one "bricks" their precious car. In turn, DiabloSport's engineers go back to the drawing board and crank out a software update to address GM's changes. This is as true for DiabloSports, as it is for HP Tuners, as it is for SuperChips.

Most important thing here is to breathe in/breathe out and put everything into perspective. Your Predator is not broken. This is how the game is played. GM makes updates to the various system modules/functions/parameters and anyone with a device/product designed do something with/to those system modules/functions/parameters has to react.

Call it cat and mouse, call it a pain in the a**, but it is what it is... but the worst case is you run w/AFM for a little while, until DiabloSport's releases a new software update.

UPDATE / EDIT: what do you know... after posting this reply, I went to the DiabloSports website... there is an r12 update available now! Here's a link to the file. I am going to download it an update my own Predator. Hopefully, we'll find that things can be modified again! More to come as things develop... ... ...

Exactly!

I might be able to build a modified tune for him tommorow,if he can just email me his stock,performance tune,modified tune etc.

I am a CMR DEALER and can possibly turn off dod this way....but I need to ask the guys at diablo if we will run into any sort of issues...LIKE THE CAR WILL NOT START!!!EVER!!!

This is #1 on my list tommorow.

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote