Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #1163
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi headgamez,

If you would like contact our Infotainment team, they would be happy to assist with your inquiry. The phone number is 855-478-7767, and the hours of operation are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST. They are open seven days a week.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by headgamez View Post
Will the HW-SW update allow the zune to play DRM files???? RIght now I am at DB-DB, everything works fine, but no go on the DRM files with the Zune HD32
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #1164
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi headgamez,

If you would like contact our Infotainment team, they would be happy to assist with your inquiry. The phone number is 855-478-7767, and the hours of operation are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST. They are open seven days a week.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks a lot!! Will do.....
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #1165
Chevrolet Customer Svc

You're welcome! Please let me know if further assistance is needed.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Thanks a lot!! Will do.....
Old 10-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #1166
headgamez

Quote:
You're welcome! Please let me know if further assistance is needed.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
CCC,
They had no idea what the update was. Per the forum thread, there is an update DB-DD. I currently have the DB-DB HW/SW version. Is there any other outlet I can check about this issue??

Thanks,
HG
Old 10-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #1167
hysonmb

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS
Quote:
CCC,
They had no idea what the update was. Per the forum thread, there is an update DB-DD. I currently have the DB-DB HW/SW version. Is there any other outlet I can check about this issue??

Thanks,
HG
I had a ZuneHD and now have a Windows Phone, it won't play DRM protected files even with the latest update.
hysonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #1168
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Hi headgamez,

I'm sorry that the Infotainment team was unable to provide information for you. Have you contacted your local dealership? That would be the next step. I can give them a call as well if you would like to private message me with your name, phone number, VIN, and dealership name. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
CCC,

Thanks,
HG
Old 10-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #1169
headgamez

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysonmb View Post
I had a ZuneHD and now have a Windows Phone, it won't play DRM protected files even with the latest update.
Well I guess that solves it!! Thanks for the reply!!!!
Old 11-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #1170
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
This issue has been a thing for me since day 1 of my camaro purchase. My car is a 2010 2LT. When I went in to the Houston dealership asking about getting my PDIM upgraded, they told me that I had to go back to the dealer that I purchasd it from. I don't live near that dealer anymore. I'm still curious to this day why he shy'd me away.

Anyway, is it still possible to update my PDIM for free even though my car is a 2010?
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #1171
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Only if you still have warranty. Otherwise they will charge you. At this point you might as well order that part number yourself, and install it yourself. I think Sir Nuke or someone else in this thread posted the exact part number, where to order it, and the instructions to install it somewhere in this thread...
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #1172
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
This issue has been a thing for me since day 1 of my camaro purchase. My car is a 2010 2LT. When I went in to the Houston dealership asking about getting my PDIM upgraded, they told me that I had to go back to the dealer that I purchasd it from. I don't live near that dealer anymore. I'm still curious to this day why he shy'd me away.

Anyway, is it still possible to update my PDIM for free even though my car is a 2010?
well, most likely not....., HOWEVER, depending when you actually bought it, IS your car still under warrantee? if so, they YES. if its not, then you are on your own.

back in the middle of 2009, when the cars first came out. there was a TSB issued (PI0055B) that dealt with PDIM issues.....and if you go back far enough in this thread, its all covered. A pervious Chevrolet Service Rep that was dealing with this issue for us got us THE answer. I was one of those people in the beginning. I ended up going to the dealer near me and it was NOT the dealer where I bought my car, as this was a warrantee issue, U brought in the TSB with me, and the new PDIM was ordered and was installed, that was about 2 1/2 years ago and have had no issues since.

I have attached the TSB, which has the new PDIM P/N you need on the top of it. IF your car isn't under warrantee, just buy the PDIM yourself and change them out. its a total P-N-P update, there is NO reprogramming at all to do, just swap them out and you are good to go. The PDIM in in the console, just in front of the arm rest.

PI0055B with GM PN#.pdf
Old 11-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #1173
D94

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Has anyone heard any news on an updated PDIM that will work on a 2014 1LS? I understand they changed the wiring in 2013 so all that is available won't work after 2012. Supposed to be releasing one for 2013-2014 models but haven;t seen it yet. Any info?
D94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #1174
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
I have DB/DB and it re-indexes my 16gb flash drive nearly every time i start the car. Many times i reach my destination before indexing is complete. Will upgrading to DB/DD fix this?

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #1175
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere Boy View Post
I have DB/DB and it re-indexes my 16gb flash drive nearly every time i start the car. Many times i reach my destination before indexing is complete. Will upgrading to DB/DD fix this?
It might. It's probably you have to many songs on one file. Mine does the same thing and I cut the files down and the songs in the files. When I would start the car and the file was indexing if the song ended before the indexing was done it would go back to the beginning. So now before I shut off my car I skip to the next song, that way while the song is playing and indexing when it quits it doesn't go back to the beginning. Whew!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #1176
joepitt

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro, 2017 Acura
Angry

Quote:
Hi headgamez,

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
I contacted the team and they told me to get a 3rd party solution to my problem. I asked if that meant a Mustang, but they didn't laugh. I don't believe they are really interested in FIXING it. And my dealer says he can't see if there is any new updates unless I bring the car in. That is BS. Chevy is moving onto the 2014 version and don't give a darn about 2013 systems.
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote