Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-16-2021, 09:15 AM   #1
iLilDark

Drives: Camaro 2013 LT
Npp exhaust

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of putting npp exhaust on my 2013, I currently have one of those "electric mufflers" where it open and close valves inside the muffler with a push of a button, unfortunately my city doesn't allow that and they allow npp ironiccally, is there a way to install this and have it do what the electric mufflers does? Any idea what device do I need to add with it?
Thanks!
Attached Images

iLilDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:44 PM   #2
rdavis

Drives: 2012 SS
Since my car was originally a non NPP car, here's what I did. Put a T in the vacuum line that is routed behind the throttle body. Ran vac line all the way to the trunk . I bought an electric vacuum switch. Ran the line through the switch then split it & connected each to the muffler. Since the mufflers default to the valve open position, when the vac switch is energized it allows engine vac to the mufflers under light load only. Step on it & engine vacuum drops & the valves open. So not a perfect system. With the vacuum switch not energized no vaccum goes to the mufflers so the valves stay in the default open position. Hopes this may give you some ideas. I'm sure there are other ways to do it. Also it is loud on startup for about 2 secs until the engine builds vacuum to close them.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:05 PM   #3
PhantomBlack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
My car was also non NPP and I hooked it up with an electric vacuum pump I mounted in the spare tire area in the trunk and then ran the switch up to my center console. You can have the valves closed before start up. If anyone is interested I can do a full write up with pics and links to all the parts you need from Amazon. It's pretty easy to set up.
Mods: GPI SS1 VVT cam, TSP long tube headers, LSA conversion, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, DW 700cc injectors, Lingenfelter solid isolator, Dedicated Motorsports ZL1 reinforced brick, ADM Griptech 2.5 pulley, JLT CAI, Phastek intake scoop, NPP cat-back, GM 3.91 gears, Eaton Truetrac, Tuned by Chris @ CHenry Motorsports.
PhantomBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 08:30 PM   #4
rdavis

Drives: 2012 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomBlack View Post
My car was also non NPP and I hooked it up with an electric vacuum pump I mounted in the spare tire area in the trunk and then ran the switch up to my center console. You can have the valves closed before start up. If anyone is interested I can do a full write up with pics and links to all the parts you need from Amazon. It's pretty easy to set up.

That would be cool if you would do that.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:54 AM   #5
PhantomBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavis View Post
That would be cool if you would do that.
Ok I'll try and have it done by the weekend.
Mods: GPI SS1 VVT cam, TSP long tube headers, LSA conversion, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, DW 700cc injectors, Lingenfelter solid isolator, Dedicated Motorsports ZL1 reinforced brick, ADM Griptech 2.5 pulley, JLT CAI, Phastek intake scoop, NPP cat-back, GM 3.91 gears, Eaton Truetrac, Tuned by Chris @ CHenry Motorsports.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:33 PM   #6
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
That's so silly... My car has NPP and within the first week of owning it, I pulled the fuse. It's been essentially straight pipes for 80k miles.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #7
PhantomBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
That's so silly... My car has NPP and within the first week of owning it, I pulled the fuse. It's been essentially straight pipes for 80k miles.

Being cammed with headers the valves open vs closed makes a big difference in sound. Plus while cruising valves closed eliminates all the drone. I wouldn't call the fuse pull "straight piped" since you still have mufflers and cats....
Old 10-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #8
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
That's true, I just shake my head at silly rules

Old 10-22-2021, 03:09 PM   #9
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
mine is just installed and open. still def quieter than the straight pipes i had...but if you want quiet and loud...leave your mufflers on and alone, put in an electric cut out. i have one on my turbo downpipe, i am also cammed. it creates some sound lol. honestly the car is damn loud with it closed too (no cats etc.)
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:40 AM   #10
iLilDark

Well boys the nightmare just arrived, police seized my car and it'll be impound for 6 months along with 12 black points on my license and a fatass fine, I have no idea what to do now since it's my daily car and I live far from work with no transportation options whatsoever, plus about to have my first baby soon, keep me in your prayers my dudes ��
Old 10-23-2021, 10:27 AM   #11
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLilDark View Post
Well boys the nightmare just arrived, police seized my car and it'll be impound for 6 months along with 12 black points on my license and a fatass fine, I have no idea what to do now since it's my daily car and I live far from work with no transportation options whatsoever, plus about to have my first baby soon, keep me in your prayers my dudes ��
seized it for the mufflers??
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 11:25 AM   #12
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
That's crazy! LOL

In a country that sells that much oil to the US they are worried about exhaust too loud in the desert? lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:31 AM   #13
iLilDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
seized it for the mufflers??
Yup, Dubai ain't no good environment for any sportscar fans no more, they're seizing every lambo or any car on the road, along with vacuum cleaners like my v6, and I was about to get a zl1 with cams and headers, gotta leave this country now..
Old 10-24-2021, 06:07 PM   #14
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Oh wow bro that sucks!! The big one!! Man my heart goes out to ya, hope you can get your car back. That's just not fair, or decent!!! Good luck.