Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #43
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro View Post
I am MA as well... maybe we can fly out and caravan back

Scotty, will you also not to put lots of dealer logos and stickers all over the car? Also, not to let some minimum wage high school kid 'clean' the car when it hits the lot?
Like the Vettes - NO DEALER STICKER......only about 50 of my biz cards in the glove box

We have "older" staff handle the Vettes - I'm confident the Camaro would be the same.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #44
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Like the Vettes - NO DEALER STICKER......only about 50 of my biz cards in the glove box

We have "older" staff handle the Vettes - I'm confident the Camaro would be the same.
Scotty, you have me HIGHLY interested in your dealership. Do you sell just Chevy's?

I'm only asking because my fiance is looking for an Acadia but it seems that there are few GMC dealerships around and the ones that are...are just completely incompetent.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #45
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Wait until the Chevy Traverse comes out. Suppose to have better MPG, More HP, and a better price!

We only have Chevys.

http://www.chevrolet.com/traverse/
Old 07-11-2008, 01:14 PM   #46
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Wait until the Chevy Traverse comes out. Suppose to have better MPG, More HP, and a better price!

We only have Chevys.

http://www.chevrolet.com/traverse/

If you knew my fiance...you'd know that if she's set on something...and wants something...there is no changing her mind.

(Probably how she nabbed a guy like me ) hehe

(I sent her that link and her response, "That looks like a minivan.")
Old 07-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #47
Chevbowtie_22

Drives: 2008 Sierra Denali AWD
Awesome!! I'm so glad I found this site. According to Mapquest your only 6 hrs or so from me. Looks like a good chance the Denali will be sitting at a dealer in Wisconsin!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Shipping new GM cars out of the country is a no no. USED cars are ok.
since you can't ship it out of the country, why can't I buy it from you (do all the 'paperwork' by phone/fax/email/currier) then pick it up myself at the factory? its less than 2 hrs away. And destination or whatever it is could be knocked off of that as well, since it isn't being shipped anywhere.

I know none of this is possible, but it would be sweet if it were. Heck, any dealer that makes it cheaper for me to get it from the factory itself then picking it up from them will get my business.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-16-2008, 01:54 AM   #49
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Scotty what do you think the drop ship and stuff's charge wold be to L.A.?
I know its hard for you to know but could you give me a guess?

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #50
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

The receiving dealer would have to do the predelivery inspection & set up on the car....There is no set fee for this.....it's where the service dept does the work, and the new car department pays them for it. I really think this will vary from dealership to dealership. If you decided on a drop ship, I'd ask for a few dealers in your area, and see if - 1)will they accept a drop shipped customer car, and 2) what would be the charge for the drop ship.

Now, my creative mind says this: if you tell them you are buying from a family member from another dealership, they'd be more inclined to help vs. saying I bought from Camaro Scotty because he didn't gouge me with higher than MSRP costs :-)

Either way, we'll help as much as possible. If I had to guess what a reasonable PDI cahrge would be - $100 - $400 but that isn't set in stone. All things that could be worked out before placing an order.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:58 AM   #51
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
since you can't ship it out of the country, why can't I buy it from you (do all the 'paperwork' by phone/fax/email/currier) then pick it up myself at the factory? its less than 2 hrs away. And destination or whatever it is could be knocked off of that as well, since it isn't being shipped anywhere.

I know none of this is possible, but it would be sweet if it were. Heck, any dealer that makes it cheaper for me to get it from the factory itself then picking it up from them will get my business.
If you had a U.S. address in the states, we could sell you a car. US Dealers cannot sell outside the country regardless of how the car gets delivered. Not MY rule! If I can cross the border to Mexico and buy meds, shouldn't you be able to drive to the USA and get a CAMARO FIX?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #52
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
If you had a U.S. address in the states, we could sell you a car. US Dealers cannot sell outside the country regardless of how the car gets delivered. Not MY rule! If I can cross the border to Mexico and buy meds, shouldn't you be able to drive to the USA and get a CAMARO FIX?
Can we use an address from a familly member, or a friend ??
Old 07-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #53
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
You buy it....I'll drive it around and put a few miles on it.....then ship it to you!
I have no problem with that. The wife wants one too.

LOL

I feel like I would never even see the color of my car!

Well, hopefully, I have few good friends in the states who would buy it then sell it to me.

Or, I can make my boss send me to the US. However, NYC wouldn't be the best place to drag race!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #54
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post

LOL

I feel like I would never even see the color of my car!

Well, hopefully, I have few good friends in the states who would buy it then sell it to me.

Or, I can make my boss send me to the US. However, NYC wouldn't be the best place to drag race!
It would be treated as well as our own.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Old 07-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #55
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
Can we use an address from a familly member, or a friend ??
There is possibilities there.... I'll check into it a little bit further on Thursday when I'm back at work....I'm off Wednesdays. I still pop in though, OUT OF CAMARO LOVE!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #56
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
If I can cross the border to Mexico and buy meds, shouldn't you be able to drive to the USA and get a CAMARO FIX?
Yes (I'm less than 45 min from the border), but I would also like to be able to avoid any and all shiping costs. I said like to, but it ain't gonna work out like that though.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Closed Thread