Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Best Match paint source for 14 Blue Ray Metallic

I need a bit of Blue Ray Metallic for a scratch from a parking lot bump and run.

I’m looking for a brand that matches best. PPG? DuPont? I’m willing to buy the minimum quart or pint as necessary. Anyone know who supplies GM?

I intend to airbrush the small scratch and clear coat it, sand and buff. I have bodywork and paint experience from painting my El Camino years ago as well as plastic model airbrush experience.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:25 PM   #2
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
I need a bit of Blue Ray Metallic for a scratch from a parking lot bump and run.

I’m looking for a brand that matches best. PPG? DuPont? I’m willing to buy the minimum quart or pint as necessary. Anyone know who supplies GM?

I intend to airbrush the small scratch and clear coat it, sand and buff. I have bodywork and paint experience from painting my El Camino years ago as well as plastic model airbrush experience.
Your dealership should have touch up paint made by AC DELCO. Its matched by paint code.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
Just get the bumper painted you will be much happier with the end result. Ive worked in a body shop for the last 13 years.