Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
ZL1Bullet

Drives: ZL1
How Many 2013 ZL1s Are Staying in Canada?

I heard only 300 units will be staying in Canada including both coupes and verts. My dealer reports that mine will be built for sure as stated by the Regional Manager that visits their dealership on a regular basis.

When I ordered mine, they hadn't received their allocations yet at the dealership. Once they got their allocations they had one coupe and one vert. The coupe was spoken for by me.

Recently the allocation for the vert was taken away from them. Another order they received for another coupe was also declined right away.

As I'm told, only the 'A' dealerships are getting allocations and it seems they are only getting one each. (There are only 300 'A' dealerships in Canada?) I guess they would be the dealerships located in large centres. So Toronto would have maybe 3 or 4 possibly.

Another interesting piece of info I found out after reading all the posts in the ZL1 threads about dealers charging an extra 5000 - 20000 above list, in Canada that's illegal. So while Canadians have a higher sticker price, we are still paying less than the US customers in many cases.

Anyways, I thought I'd share that. If anyone else has heard similar, maybe they could confirm or deny what I've been told - compare notes...

ZL1Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Max536

Drives: ‘12 ZL1 - ‘20 G63 AMG - ‘12 LP550-2
I don't know about 300, for the 2012's there were only 85 allocations in Canada and for 2013 they were expected to have less allocations, especially for verts.
Max536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
A dealer in CANADA can charge what ever they want.

Even McDonalds can not tell a Franchisee what the menu prices have to be. That is Price Fixing AND IS against the law.

AND