Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #15
KC2013ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Thanks a lot for the replies u all. I didn't mean to be a dick and I maybe took it the wrong way. Me and I'm sure most other people prob the same, have dealt with people who just can't be happy for anyone. Has to throw in negativity at any time and situation. If I was wrong I admit it. With that type of thing, I tend to jump to conclusions because 9 times out of 10, it's right lol.
KC2013ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:57 PM   #16
silversleeper
Some ol' dude

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC2013ZL1 View Post
Thanks a lot for the replies u all. I didn't mean to be a dick and I maybe took it the wrong way. Me and I'm sure most other people prob the same, have dealt with people who just can't be happy for anyone. Has to throw in negativity at any time and situation. If I was wrong I admit it. With that type of thing, I tend to jump to conclusions because 9 times out of 10, it's right lol.
I didn't add what I first thought. Your car looks absolutely amazing !!
That had already been said, but I could have said it again.

I didn't know what ceramic coating means, and someone else asked also so I googled. A post above me by K9 helped put it to words, prep and professional application is what the article points out goes the furthest to make the car look good. Also it seems there is nothing ceramic about it. Its just a really good polymer wax, and looks great mostly because of the "paint correction" pro's do beforehand.

Was my post negative in anyway? I think yes and no. It isn't ceramic, and to me, it's not worth $1300 for some of us if that's what we had to pay.

One of the replies in the article link, was of a person working at a nissan dealer who applied $10 of product and charged $700 and it didn't perform for 5 or 7 years as it was promised.
I had an uncle buy the dealer applied product and raved about how he didn't need to ever wax his car again because that's what the dealer promised. The link pointed out that it still needs routine care to keep it looking great. I'm not mad at you. You might still be mad at me for what info I found and shared with other's who were unfamiliar with the new name ceramic coating. I was thinking like real header ceramic coating which insulates and keeps corrosion off. I guess I don't like being mislead by false advertising.

I remembered some FTC action against a "ceramic" product, I thought it might have been the wax, but turns out it was against paint coatings. Same difference though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulative_paint
excerpt from above link:
Deception and fraud

There are deceptive companies that are marketing "insulating paint" for many applications who are engaged in a scam, and several such companies have been forced to cease their marketing practices after receiving warning letters from the Federal Trade Commission. These companies are merely riding the coat tails of legitimate companies engaged in the ceramic and coatings industries and are more marketing than substance. They incorporate materials such as glass spheres or fly ash into low quality paints. Scammers have been selling “insulating” paint to gullible consumers for at least 27 years.

I will try not to reply to your threads because it seems I am not supportive enough about your ceramic coating. Mostly I was hoping to help other consumers know what they were getting. That's why it's a forum and not your personal blog.
You have a beautiful car, have a great week.

Last edited by silversleeper; 10-11-2017 at 06:13 PM. Reason: add link to false cermic advertised paint product
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:07 PM   #17
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
https://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2014...ersible-error/
I found this article helpful. The comments below it also revealing.
Thanks for the info
Quote:
This seems to be pretty much a negatively opinionated based article on the whole idea of what I did. All I know is that it looks great and I don't feel like I wasted my money. Personally it seems like you are trying to shit on my parade. Instead of sharing a negative opinion on something someone is proud of, try biting your tongue and just being happy for someone or take your opinions somewhere else. This was supposed to be a show and tell post. Not a " criticise my decision" post. If you are honestly that much of emotional cripple that you have to try to bring others down about something they should be happy and proud of then i challenge you to re-evaluate your own being before judging others people's choices. I guess I brought this on myself. I forgot that society was a place where if someone doesn't agree, it's wrong. Maybe I thought it would be a little different within a " family " that obviously shared the same interest. Sorry for my rant everyone. Please, feel free to say yay or nay on the photos. 😊
Wow
Old 10-11-2017, 08:41 PM   #18
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
This seems to be pretty much a negatively opinionated based article on the whole idea of what I did. All I know is that it looks great and I don't feel like I wasted my money. Personally it seems like you are trying to shit on my parade. Instead of sharing a negative opinion on something someone is proud of, try biting your tongue and just being happy for someone or take your opinions somewhere else. This was supposed to be a show and tell post. Not a " criticise my decision" post. If you are honestly that much of emotional cripple that you have to try to bring others down about something they should be happy and proud of then i challenge you to re-evaluate your own being before judging others people's choices. I guess I brought this on myself. I forgot that society was a place where if someone doesn't agree, it's wrong. Maybe I thought it would be a little different within a " family " that obviously shared the same interest. Sorry for my rant everyone. Please, feel free to say yay or nay on the photos. 😊
When you post something on a general forum your going to get different views and opinions wether you like it or not.

K@N Typhoon Cai
Vmax Ported Throttlebody
MSD Super Conducter plug wires
JBA shorty headers
Solo high flow cats
391 gears
Cosra Exreme 3 inch catback exhaust.
Circle D 3200 stall converter
305 x 35 20 Nitto 555r drag radials
AGP Performance tuned
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #19
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
looks fantastic

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #20
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Car looks fantastic!

I've applied Adam's Ceramic Coating to my daughter's 2012 Camaro with fantastic results too. I polished the car prior to application so once coated it was at the condition we'd wanted it at.

The sun was so intense that day it was hard to get a good pic.
The product was very easy to apply. The results were so good, I then did my wife's Volvo wagon, my Dodge Magnum, and even my Chevy Malibu company car! I'll coat every car I own except my garage queen GTO from now on.

The active ingredient in Adam's Coatings is SiO2;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_dioxide
and is a nano coating;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nano-
Old 10-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #21
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 1986 IROC-Z
Sum Beach - Looks Fantastic!!!
Old 10-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #22
zman1969

Drives: 1969 R/S Z28 302 m20 Endura
WOW! your car looks stunning! I am interested in how this does hold up over the years. being in the auto industry for years there are always some "snake oils" that people are selling and IMO there is SO much money they want to extract from our wallets it leave me skepticle. I am not here to bash! your car looks great and anyone with good eysight knows it!
zman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:42 AM   #23
SVThis

Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS Victory Red 1 of 76
What some people don't understand is the time and effort of the paint correction that is done before you even think about applying your last step protection. Applying a ceramic coat is the easy part. Your shine and perfection is achieved by the polishing beforehand. Put a coating over a turd and you still have a turd.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #24
SVThis

Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS Victory Red 1 of 76

About 40 hours worth of paint preparation before applying C Quartz
Old 10-13-2017, 08:19 AM   #25
Syclone

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Sweet !!
Old 10-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #26
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
I took care of the trim on my wife's 2005 Volvo XC70 November of 2016 with Adam's Ceramic Trim Coating, and it's held up for 11 months now. No other dressing or product I'd try lasted more than a wash or two.

This pic was taken in July, I believe, eight months after application of the coating to the trim and wheels and a wash or two after the application of the Paint Coating to the paint. This stuff is legit! The OP's car is going to be about as stunning looking next spring as it does now with proper care.

The $1,000-$1,300 that has been quoted by a couple on earlier posts would include prep work; wash, clay, correction, polish, etc... You're paying for labor and skill mostly. It's actually very easy to apply the Ceramic Coating, and takes about as much time as laying on a coat of wax and buffing it off. I do detailing on the side, if a customer wanted Ceramic Coating done, it would add roughly $250 to a full paint correction/detail job that could run as high as $800 on it's own.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #27
Artifice

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Quote:
Just got her ceramic coated today. This is the final product. Haven't been home yet to see her in person but here she is. Pardon a little surface rust on the rotors. Have that all cleaned up soon lol. The engine bay is done too, just no pics yet.

End result looks amazing!!! Is it Ashen Gray? I just ceramic coated my wheels and I don't regret it a bit. Definitely easier to wash off all the brake dust and the wheels have an amazing shine to them! Considering doing the whole car now

Last edited by Artifice; 10-13-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Artifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #28
SquawkVFR

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I understand the ceramic coating, car looks awesome OP! But what all is involved in “paint correction” and how much correcting can be done?
#76,458 of 129,405. Fancy floor mats, AC, painted lug nuts, high thingy on the back, low thingy on the front, loud thingy in the middle, sucker uppers and castle back smoke stack super jet.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote