Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #15
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMyBoy View Post
When you're home (or at night), just turn the door opener off. Mine has a little switch on the wall mounted. button that does the trick. The big button on the wall unit will still work, but none of the remotes will.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #16
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrizzle View Post
So the assumption is for a several month period they only drive from their house to their house?

Iím new to convertibles, and donít have a strong opinion, but I personally donít only drive to places with locked garages. I go to work, restaurants, stores, etc. I would assume Iím not the only one.
And you leave the top down when you park in the open and go to work????? Really?? What if it rains?? Running in to a store for 10 minutes is one thing, leaving the car unattended with the top down for hours is nuts.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #17
sgrizzle

Drives: 2014 RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
And you leave the top down when you park in the open and go to work????? Really?? What if it rains?? Running in to a store for 10 minutes is one thing, leaving the car unattended with the top down for hours is nuts.
I just bought this, so I can't say what I do normally. It looks like close to half of the Convertible leaves their top down for months at a time, while the other half thinks they're crazy. You seem to be in the latter half.

I have meteorologists and an app that gives me at least ten minutes warning before rain. Top up or down I'm not leaving exotic gemstones in the seat, and thieves can open a locked car in seconds so I'm not preventing car theft by putting the top up.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #18
Gossamer

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
If I'm on short trips etc I leave the top down.

If I pull into the garage with the top down, it stays down.

If I get to work with the top down, it goes up because it's extremely dusty in this area.

If it's the fall and I'm parking near trees, top goes up because leaves get all over the car.

Chance of rain, top goes up.

My only fear of the top down is that some smartass will come by and dump something in it because he/she's an asshat and jealous.

So just pay attention to where you're at, where you're parking and enjoy the car.
Gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #19
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
I keep my top down with tonneau installed for the entire driving season but, mine is not a daily driver. It doesn't come out if it's going to rain and it doesn't get used for errands where it's going to be sitting in a parking lot for any length of time. I will park it in low risk places like the golf club but always with interior cover installed. I wouldn't think you'd want that black interior exposed for long in the Tulsa heat-you could fry eggs on it.

When I was working we had a semi-private parking garage where I felt it was safe enough to leave it like this:
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2017, 11:55 PM   #20
Loveride

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Those tops go up and down so easy it's not problem to put it up when you leave it unattended.
Loveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #21
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveride View Post
Those tops go up and down so easy it's not problem to put it up when you leave it unattended.
The issue really is whether or not you like to drive it without the tonneau installed. Many of us do not want to drive it with the top flapping in the breeze. Some of us would go so far as to call that tacky.

There's also been significant history of reliability issues with this top. Seems like common sense to me that the less you use it, the longer it will last. I intend on keeping this vert for the rest of my life. So, I've worked it out to meet my needs. Your needs may be different.
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM   #22
sgrizzle

Drives: 2014 RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
The issue really is whether or not you like to drive it without the tonneau installed. Many of us do not want to drive it with the top flapping in the breeze. Some of us would go so far as to call that tacky.
My top doesnít flap with or without Tonneau, and itís been posted here that the tonneau is purely decorative according to Chevy.
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #23
Whoomba

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrizzle View Post
My top doesnít flap with or without Tonneau, and itís been posted here that the tonneau is purely decorative according to Chevy.
Thatís interesting because I can see mine bouncing up and down in the mirror.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #24
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
I see mine move around a little, but even at over 100mph not enough to be concerned about.