Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Udate: So I couldn't get the wiring right on my mirrors or GOBO lights
So I'm having some professional get it done for me on Wednesday. Electricity is not my Fortč . At the same time, I'm having my windows tinted by the same shop (another one of those impulsive decisions haha). I promise to have an update AND pics on Wednesday when I get my car home
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
sam.u.el

Pics!

So here's some pictures of the mirrors and led lights finallyworking! I also got the tint on my car done. 35% front two windows, 25% on the rear and little windows. It looks a lot betterin my opinion! I would've gone 25% all the way around but I wanted to be legal and keep the cops happy

LED's working on the mirrors!

A few shots at night.

Let me know what you guys think. I also have the GOBO lights working but I'm waiting for it to get darker to snap some pics. I'll also take another pic of the mirrors at night .

Next up, is to Order the MPD1 Hood and get it installed along with my Rideskinz Bumper. That won't be for a few months so I won't update this unless I buy something else out of compulsiveness again haha.

Last edited by sam.u.el; 11-02-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
sam.u.el

Update

Alright, so I have some Big updates that I didn't think I would have this soon which I'm very excited about.

First, I found a shop who will install my rideskinz bumper no problem without charging me what I paid for the car haha.

Second, a couple of days ago I placed my order for the MPD1 Zforce hood that will get installed and painted at the same shop.

Third, I Ordered the ZL1 Grill and side rockers from the gm Ground FX from GM Parts house whcih I plan on getting painted black.

This is a big update for me so I'm excited to get it alldone soon!
All that will be left is Rideskinz new spoiler and a couple of little things on the outside and I will feel complete with my exterior mods. I hope you all stay tuned to see what's to come!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
sam.u.el

So I received my ZL1 grill about a week ago, I called Lupe to get me a painted set of bowties to put on the front and back. Should be here anytime now. I also had Roger at Emblempros make me a set of SS emblems to cover the ZL1 on the grill.

I also got my side skirts from the GFX kit in that I'll be getting painted gloss black and installed at the same shop doing my Rideskinz bumper.

Just for fun I got an air freshener like the one from the first Transformers movie .

I'm taking my car today to the shop to get all this painted and put on, I'm still waiting on my MPD1 Hood to ship but it should soon. As soon as I get it I'll be taking it to the shop to get fitted with the bumper and painted. I'll try to get some progress pics .

Thanks for stopping by!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
sam.u.el

So I've finally had time to stop by my body shop to see how my car was doing and this is where we're at so far

MPD1 Hood is fitting great, Front bumper is still having some fitment issues but the shop told me they weren't too worried about it. I'm hoping in having it all done and home here in a week or so!

Stay tuned!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #20
Dizzy

Drives: Black 2011 2ss
Damn really liking how this car is coming out, like the bumper and hood combo
Old 01-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #21
Kartashian
SoCal HT5

Drives: The Punisher
Looking great man!! Amazing carbon fiber rims.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #22
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
You're gonna love the bumper can't wait to see it out of the shop and all put together
Old 01-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #23
sam.u.el

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the compliments and kind words.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #24
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
GOT PAINT?

How is your car coming Sam?
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:08 AM   #25
sam.u.el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
How is your car coming Sam?
Hey Eric. I Haven't spoke to the shop in a couple of days, they were still having a bit of trouble getting the bumper to fit perfect. I'm hoping to get paint on the car by the end of this week or early next week. Btw they were Really impressed (as was I) with the looks and quality of your hood and had no problems getting that on at all. Thanks for such a good product! I'm excited to see it painted and finished!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:29 AM   #26
RED HT5
HEADTURNER™®©COTW 12/9/13

Drives: WHITE SS
Nice bumper I can't wait til I get mine on as well...
Old 02-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #27
sam.u.el

UPDATE: So I finally got word from the shop today that my car will be ready to pick up tomorrow! After over two months of waiting for this shop to get my car done I'm finally getting her back!

I just wanna add a sidenote that I will never be going back to that shop again. I don't wanna turn this into a rant but at first when I spoke to the owner he seemed enthusiastic about the job and ensured it would be done quickly, and it would be done right. It seemed like it was done right, but not quickly and I never once was contacted by him to give me updates to let me know how things were. I had to call him every week. Each time I called it was always, they ran into another problem, when asked about ETA on completion I was always given "3 Days." 2 1/2 months later I can finally have my car back.

ANYWAYS, I Kind of ranted anyways .
But on a brightside, I get my car back, and as soon as I do, a buddy from work is going to help me put on the Stainless Works Catback exhaust I purchased from Jessika! Which BTW, gave great customer service

As soon as I can I will upoad pics. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED HT5 View Post
Nice bumper I can't wait til I get mine on as well...
I really hope you find a better shop than I did. Do a little more research and take your time. TRUST me haha.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #28
sam.u.el

I got my car back on Wednesday and was finally able to take some pictures the other day but couldn't upload due to the sites maintenance but here they are! The weather hasn't been too good so this is the best i could do for now.

New MPD1 ZForce Hood, Rideskinz Aggressor front fascia, GM ground FX side skirts, and a spear stripe painted on the side of the car. Let me know what you guys think! :smile:

And my favorite pic so far

Sorry for such crappy photos, these were all taken on my cell phone. I should probably invest in a decent camera Haha. I wanna say thanks to Eric at MPD1 for the awesome quality in the hood and fit and customer service, Tony at Rideskinz for the great looking front fascia. Although it was a pain to install it turned out great! Lupe at Overhaul engines for the painted Bowties, quality was also fantastic, and Roger at Emblempros for the SS emblems that i still need to put on . They look awesome though!

I also have my SW exhaust installed and it sounds great! I will get a video recorded and uploaded later. Thanks again to Jessika for the customer service and FAST shipping.