Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
BlackCamaroSS11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS A6
Help Me Price My Camaro SS

Fully loaded 2011 Camaro 2SS, RS package, black leather seats, Heads Up Display, Automatic, remote start.

-Borla ATAK Exhaust
-K&N Air Intake
-20% Tint on sides
-Back Window 5% Tint
-Blacked Out Lights
-Stock Powder coated Rims
-Custom SS Floormats
-Lojack
-Boston Sound System

Car has 28,2XX Miles on it. Always taken care of. Washed twice a week by hand. Brand new nitto invo tires(less than 2,000 miles). Brembo brakes are in good condition. Always serviced. Never been to the track.

What should I price it at?????????

BlackCamaroSS11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:29 AM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I have no clue but why are you selling.

Just curious.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:34 AM   #3
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I don't know either. I hate to give you the standard, but check NADA and Bluebook. Those will be the high end of asking. Then see what they are actually selling for best you can. Or at least what other people in your area, possibly all of Cali, are asking for similar items.

You're probably hoping someone on here will tell you it's worth more because of the exhaust and speakers and what not. I don't think it is. I think it lines up with a stock version that has identical factory options and similar mileage from the same year.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:35 AM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I don't know either. I hate to give you the standard, but check NADA and Bluebook. Those will be the high end of asking. Then see what they are actually selling for best you can. Or at least what other people in your area, possibly all of Cali, are asking for similar items.

You're probably hoping someone on here will tell you it's worth more because of the exhaust and speakers and what not. I don't think it is. I think it lines up with a stock version that has identical factory options and similar mileage from the same year.
On a side note, Boomer Sooner.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:35 AM   #5
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
The most important part of pricing a used car is the condition, year and mileage. The cost of mods really do not play into it unless you find that right buyer who is looking for exactly all that you have done. Check your area prices on 2011's with equal mileage and go from there but pricing higher because of money spent on mods would be a mistake. Some folks looking to buy may not like the blacked out look or the increased exhaust sound.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:13 AM   #6
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
you will be lucky to get around 30k....I traded in my 2011 2ss/rs triple black l99 convertible for around 33 with 5k on the odometer and had to haggle like hell for that and yes they throw blue book at you so be prepared to know the blue book figures for great shape versus not so good shape, and the limited mods you have are a wash as most mods are.... If you are happy with them great that means nothing to the dealer but often something they want to remove if in bad taste, or a small if any extra selling point. That's just at the dealer, for you though trying to sell private party the resale value may go up supposedly but selling something yourself can be a very long and costly wait......... Just look at KBB.com and Edmunds and get the used resale to the various avenues of sale.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 AM   #7
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
i would say 28-30k
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #8
BlackCamaroSS11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I have no clue but why are you selling.

Just curious.
had the car for about 3 years now... had some fun times in it, but looking for something that can go around a corner
Old 01-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #9
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
If you can get 30K, sign the papers ASAP! A look on ebay in the sold listings will give you an idea what people are paying!
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #10
BlackCamaroSS11

looking at KBB Edmunds and NADA, looking at about $28,500ish... little less then i was looking for, but thanks for the help
Old 01-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #11
SoBeGirl
Be the Change

Drives: bad ass 2010 ss
The seller says the car is to fat. I think that is a big reason why a lot of folks sell this beast. She is just to heavy. The weight really makes for a nice ride. You cant deny that the thing goes over pot holes and curbs like a tank. If they could just shave like 400 pounds of this monster it would make me really happy. I do love my car though but I understand why some people get rid of em. They make for great deals used. YOu will not get 30k for this car. The dealer will ask that but if you sell on your own to get it to sell quick 25 will be the price. It all depends on how long you want to wait around for the money. So what are you going to replace it with?
SoBeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #12
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Return your car to stock, increasing the number of potential buyers, and sell the CAI and ATAK for whatever you can get.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #13
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
The most important part of pricing a used car is the condition, year and mileage. The cost of mods really do not play into it unless you find that right buyer who is looking for exactly all that you have done. Check your area prices on 2011's with equal mileage and go from there but pricing higher because of money spent on mods would be a mistake. Some folks looking to buy may not like the blacked out look or the increased exhaust sound.
This is exactly what I did when I sold my 2010. Basically the banks will only loan what Blue book shows unless someone pays cash, but then you are limiting your market. Check your local listings on the internet and start at the upper price. That way you have some wiggle room. If you can try to sell the mods separately to atleast recuperate some of your cost.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:25 PM   #14
BlackCamaroSS11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeGirl View Post
The seller says the car is to fat. I think that is a big reason why a lot of folks sell this beast. She is just to heavy. The weight really makes for a nice ride. You cant deny that the thing goes over pot holes and curbs like a tank. If they could just shave like 400 pounds of this monster it would make me really happy. I do love my car though but I understand why some people get rid of em. They make for great deals used. YOu will not get 30k for this car. The dealer will ask that but if you sell on your own to get it to sell quick 25 will be the price. It all depends on how long you want to wait around for the money. So what are you going to replace it with?
Definately need to drop 400 pounds... most likely getting evo x