Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #617
gappman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Hey, Speedster! You made of money? Married? Wow, looks $$$$$$. My wife would shoot me!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #618
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally I wanted this car to look 100% stock, idle stock, get 25 mpg and pump out 1000 hp, but at this stage it was decided to kick it up a notch. So you have now seen that heads were changed and upgraded for considerably higher flow capacity. Something about a motor making so much power should not idle like it's electric, so the decision was made to chuck the hydraulic roller LS7 cam and run a solid roller with a NASCAR valvetrain. So the heads are now topped with nascar springs and a full T&D shaft roller rocker setup. This setup has proven to be bulletproof and should last for 100,000 miles with no problem.
I don't think my guess is crazy at all.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #619
KNITRDR

Drives: CAMARO BLACK
THIS CAR IS GOING TO BE A BEAST!!

Graceful Credit Solutions
www.gracefulcredit.com
Office: (313) 887-7775
Email: ryan@gracefulcredit.com
KNITRDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #620
zora2mac8
Deano

Drives: Cyber Gray Metallic SS
soooo cleannn

HTML Code:
http://ny5thgen.com/ZORAMAC8%20Z.htm
zora2mac8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #621
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
wow cant believe i just spent all that time reading this entire thread......well worth it/
First off i have to say....HOLY $HIT!!!!
2nd, this car is BADASS!!!!
3rd....OMG
4th...Camaro of the Year? I think soo
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #622
BLUESMOKE69

Drives: Saturn Astra 08
Looking forward to retirement.......this stuff is so damn interesting....can't get enough. Wow......
Old 09-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #623
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsgls1 View Post
Do want a ride!
ME TOO!
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #624
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Hey Speedster,

You haven't heard from me in a long time, we had a brief exchange about a year before this thread started, before you even received your car. Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to troll around on here & have been oblivious to anything not posted on the homepage (and even missing them frequently) or results from a search. So unfortunately I miss a lot of cool stuff going on in here and usually find myself trying to blast through 20 pages of "meh" to get to the 5 or 6 posts I'm really digging for.

I clearly remember running into you quite early on here & being quite shocked, thinking to myself, bejebuz, this guy really knows wtf he's talking about! I used to spend hours a day pouring through some of my other car's forums (back when I had the time) and hearing someone as knowledgeable and well planned as you is inspiring.

Running across this on the front page your name rang a bell and holy hell!!! I guess my first impression was way off, I think I got the general basis right, but I must have forgotten an exponential multiplier!!! I read through nearly every page in disbelief.

Normally when you see something really trick it's the centerpiece of an entire build. But every couple of pages here you had something else totally trick, one off, masterpiece of craftsmanship! And here it's in every part of your build! First that insane motor, and if that wasn't enough here you go with all of these amazing customizations & processes, many of which I've never even heard of before much less seen pictures of! Then that beautifully integrated roll cage & mini tub, especially keeping the back seat!!! That intake manifold / runner setup looks like it belongs on a hand built Italian exotic! It just keeps going and going... the fuel system, wheels & tires, wiring harness, drive train, cooling sys, suspension, drag chute...

And then the triple take...

Those renderings of the were very nice and all, but I couldn't believe the pictures of what you left out of them, how extraordinarily well the W-AIC, turbos, intake, and piping were laid out! And that "bumper" reservoir, wow, I've never seen anything like it! My early modifying days were spent on turbo & twin turbo cars and I had more length in intake piping going just from one turbo to a SMIC on a factory TT car than you do in the entire system...

I mean, couldn't you just figure out a way to rotate the compressor housings a little and get the headers to point the snails a little closer to center? You could have just skipped the piping all together & just mounted the IC directly to the intake & turbos. I'm just saying... it's kinda lazy to just leave that couple of feet of pipe when you're so close to not needing it...

Oh, and you lied to me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster
(We are kind of boat fanatics too.)
Kind of???????

Next time you're in my neck of the beach you'll have to stop by so I can fog up some of the shiny stuff while I hug your engine bay & I'll consider forgiving you
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #625
Bellringer

Drives: my wife nuts.....
Well there goes 30 minutes of my life!
I read the whole thing.

AND I'm thinking of reading it again just in case I might of missed something.

Subscribed.

I'm so glad to see someone put so much detail in the little things.

44030 is all mine!

GM
Bellringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #626
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Oh, and speaking of those engine renderings...

If you're still taking suggestions the thing I thought of when looking at them and also the engine bay picts was (IMVHO) it would be very cool to have pretty much everything blacked out except the intake & exhaust related cycle items polished.

Since your IC & intake will be polished I'm guessing the intake piping will be as well, so if you did the same for the turbos, headers, heads, intake runners & manifold it will basically all create a polished loop of the main airflow in & out, not to mention highlighting a lot of the eye candy & custom work!

So basically it would be like your # 4 posted rendering

only with the heads & intake runners polished along with the IC & piping up front. I'd leave the valve covers black with the polished logo. You could do the down pipes off the exhaust compressor housing in either really, but if they were black / dark then you would kind of have a big figure 8 kind of like a lemniscate / infinity symbol

It's just MVHO, you're obviously not hurting on making good decisions on your own but it's what popped in my head & I didn't see anyone else suggest something like it when I skimmed the last couple of pages. So there you go, my .02 free of charge, however I will be sending you a bill for the 3 hours at work I spent mesmerized by your posts
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #627
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK View Post
i vote for 1150 rwhp
That's a good number for the 345 DRs. I guess we will see what they will hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
It wasn't much of a guess, but more of me using my birth year.
Oh you suck !!! I WISH I was your age again...craziness ruled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Well, get a bigger cam and run those twin 88's! C'mon! I thought this was supposed to be a real muscle car. Don't wimp out now. Wait a minute, I thought you were putting a 500 shot of nitrous on Smaug?

And yes, we're crazy! No argument here...

Ok, I'll change my guess then... is 1400 rwhp out of the realm of possibility? Maybe you don't want to say so, but you must have a number you're hoping for.
Kind of like BLACK above, but with better tires...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee Matt View Post
Damn I thought my camaro was fast..... Cant believe I just went through 25 pages. Your car is absolutely amazing! Hey speedster is your job hiring? lol
Thanks for stopping by !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gappman View Post
Hey, Speedster! You made of money? Married? Wow, looks $$$$$$. My wife would shoot me!
No. But as one of my good friends said. Think of it like amortizing a house over 30 years, but all at once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I don't think my guess is crazy at all.
N- You are so logical you scare me sometimes. You don't miss a whole lot. I guess in your profession you keep track of the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNITRDR View Post
THIS CAR IS GOING TO BE A BEAST!!
Hopefully a sneaky beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zora2mac8 View Post
soooo cleannn
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
wow cant believe i just spent all that time reading this entire thread......well worth it/
First off i have to say....HOLY $HIT!!!!
2nd, this car is BADASS!!!!
3rd....OMG
4th...Camaro of the Year? I think soo
Sorry about so many pages. We all got carried away, but what a fun gang Camaro 5 is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUESMOKE69 View Post
Looking forward to retirement.......this stuff is so damn interesting....can't get enough. Wow......
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
ME TOO!
...And Pumpkin !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellringer View Post
Well there goes 30 minutes of my life!
I read the whole thing.

AND I'm thinking of reading it again just in case I might of missed something.

Subscribed.

I'm so glad to see someone put so much detail in the little things.

Glad you like it. We tried to come up with a few little twists.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #628
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'sSS View Post
we had a brief exchange about a year before this thread started, before you even received your car.
Wow Matt...Thanks for the huge compliments. We tried our best to make something a little different while keeping everything as functional as possible. So Thank You... And yeah, I do remember. You moved to FL from OR and were thinking of a G8... (Glad you got the Camaro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'sSS View Post
If you're still taking suggestions the thing I thought of when looking at them and also the engine bay picts was (IMVHO) it would be very cool to have pretty much everything blacked out except the intake & exhaust related cycle items polished.

Always taking suggestions, and that infinity symbol is pretty forward thinking... wow.

I will be sending you a bill for the 3 hours at work I spent mesmerized by your posts
I guess that means we can meet at Palm Beach International one day and go play in S. FL.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #629
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Camaro of the week must be doing something right congrats!!!!!
YAY! That's awesome! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Car
Out
There
Yet?

Soon, very soon...
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #630
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
How have I missed this thread!!! Dude your car is amazing. I'm currently in South FL, but when it is done I'll drive anywhere to go see it lol.

When this is up to speed, are only the bottom of the props in the water? They look high up.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo