Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
CyberBri
BRUCE WAYNES DD

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
waterless car wash

So i was wondering if that waterless car wash or quick wash is any good?wont this put swirl in the paint? I am considering trying it...

CyberBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Have been using Adam's Waterless Wash for a year now with their Waterless Wash Towels and no complaints. It plain works but every product has it's limits and imho if used properly and with clean good quality towels it will not mar your paint.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
It's good if you have light dust on your car. If you ever have light dust on your car, and it rained, you now have a film of dirt on your car.

If you have a film of dirt on your car, I wouldn't use waterless washes. They are great, but as said above, have their limitations.

Now if you have a pressure washer, I would have no problems with blasting the car and dirt off and then using a waterless wash

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
It's good if you have light dust on your car. If you ever have light dust on your car, and it rained, you now have a film of dirt on your car.

If you have a film of dirt on your car, I wouldn't use waterless washes.
+1

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
do some research on "optimum no rinse and shine". lots of detailers are starting to use it to save time, money and natural resources.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Waterless Wash, no matter who makes it, should never take the place of common sense and a 2 Bucket Wash with Grit Guards.

If the car has a light bit of dust, YES. If the car has seen any amount of length driving, rain, lots of wind, NO.

I am especially AR with my TBSS. I use Waterless Wash when I get to where I am going, then again, when I return home.

Adam's Waterless Car Wash Video

Adam's Waterless Wash Collection

-
Mook
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
CyberBri
BRUCE WAYNES DD

I washed my car yesterday and want to take the dust off

Old 10-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBri View Post
I washed my car yesterday and want to take the dust off
Sounds like a good time to use a waterless wash

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
CyberBri
BRUCE WAYNES DD

i only wanted to use it to get out the rub marks left behind from the spray wax I think I put it on when it was to hot out...But this waterless cleaner got it off!!
Both were maguires ultimate i think?!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post

If you have a film of dirt on your car, I wouldn't use waterless washes. They are great, but as said above, have their limitations.

Now if you have a pressure washer, I would have no problems with blasting the car and dirt off and then using a waterless wash
I also use my California Duster before using the Adams WW. The two together produce a good quick wash in between bucket washes
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
I used a waterless wash product and didn't really care for it. It left a haze behind that I couldn't remove, no matter how many clean MF towels I threw at it. Will stick with a quality quick detailer and two bucket wash technique.
TVS2300 Supercharger w/Maggie Max Stage 2, 3.6 Pulley, Innovators West 8 rib conversion, OD rear Cog belt drive.
Jannetty Racing Rough Idle Cam, LS3 Conversion.
Jannetty Racing built 6l80e Trans, Jannetty Racing Custom Converter, Built rear diff w/ 3.45 gears, DSS driveshaft and 1400 hp axles.
ADM Twin Pump Fuel System, ADM CAI, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Borla "S" Catback.
Custom 18" Forgestar F14's, Nitto 305/45-18 DR's
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote