Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #43
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
With your attitude towards others good luck with the your donations if the same thing happened to you. But of course I wish not. If you don't want to give a hand then don't discourage other people who is willing to extend help in their own little ways.
My donations? Where are my donations? If I totaled my car I wouldnt be asking for donations to buy another one. A car is a luxury item. I'm blessed to be able to afford it. I would work to buy another one. If my words discourage somebody else from doing something then that's their problem. Words are just that, words. If you don't like what I have to say you don't have to abide by it. I will say how I feel and that is that.

As for my attitude towards others, your right, my attitude isn't for everybody. You like me or you don't. I have plenty of friends so obviously its not as bad as you make it out to be. However maybe I should change it just for you....haha yea right.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #44
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Is there more to this story? Did it just start on fire while you were driving down the road?
started seeing white smoke coming up from under the hood while driving home, immediately turned the car off (didn't even pull over). Before I could get out of the car to see what was going on there were flames coming up from the sides of the hood and the windshield wiper cowl. At which point I got out of the car, walked far away and dialed 911 - told them my location (cross-street) and that the call was for a vehicle fire, no one was injured, and there was no entrapment. She said they were dispatching a trunk and to not go near the car, then hung up.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #45
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
started seeing white smoke coming up from under the hood while driving home, immediately turned the car off (didn't even pull over). Before I could get out of the car to see what was going on there were flames coming up from the sides of the hood and the windshield wiper cowl. At which point I got out of the car, walked far away and dialed 911 - told them my location (cross-street) and that the call was for a vehicle fire, no one was injured, and there was no entrapment. She said they were dispatching a trunk and to not go near the car, then hung up.
Wonder what the actual cause was. It sucks. I feel for ya. Kaylee was beautiful.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #46
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
That really sucks man , Like I said I will throw a couple of bucks your way , Thats for the help you gave me, I cant believe some of these posts , Anyways keep the faith . My question is , 2013 or 2014?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #47
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
RJ,

Did you have any mods to the fuel delivery components?

So sorry for your loss. Very happy you are OK.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #48
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Wow !! Sorry to hear. Glad your okay.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #49
inf3rno

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Bloody hell...thats shocking....

Stig was very helpful and put lot of time to our community, i will definitely send something on my behalf....

Sorry for your lose...glad you are fine
Old 06-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #50
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
Well, I donated. Even though I did not get the response like "The Stig" did for his car fund when I asked for help for my sons cancer. Its called respect, hahaha.
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #51
HardrockSS
Drive Fast Take Chances

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary SS
**** the haters! Donated
Old 06-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #52
HardrockSS
Drive Fast Take Chances

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
It is not a debate - donate or don't - your call...I bet you would like us as a community to help you if this happened to your car. I know I would. I donated to a fellow car enthusiast as we are like minded individuals with lots of blood, sweat, tears and funds in our cars. I have an agreed value policy on my car because I know it is the only way I will get what I have out of mine if something like this happened...and I bet I would still not be fully compensated for all I have in it. As a community, this is a cool thing to do.

There are plenty of places accepting money for Tornado victims and Sandy victims alike.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #53
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog1911 View Post
Well, I donated. Even though I did not get the response like "The Stig" did for his car fund when I asked for help for my sons cancer. Its called respect, hahaha.
See this is something worth donating towards
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #54
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Its nice to help someone out every once in a while, whether it's a necessity or not. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and there isn't any harm in helping if you want to.

My coworker died in a motorcycle wreck that was his own fault. We had two benefits for his family. One benefit was to help with the funeral expenses, then a few months later we had another one so his 4 year old kid could have a decent Christmas, that's right we donated so he could get toys and stuff and his Mom wouldn't have to stress over bills.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #55
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Doesn't matter to me if there's a donation thread. A little surprised Stig would accept donations for this kind of thing. Meh
Old 06-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #56
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Did you have Lambo doors on it which made the car decide to do what Lambos do - spontaneously combust?

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, camaro, donate, haters go away, stieger, stig