Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-28-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
frodo

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Engine/trim level speculation

I was just thinking, and I think I have a good speculation of which engines might be avalable with each trim level.

LS- 3.6L V6 ~250hp
LT- 3.6L DI V6 ~300hp
LTZ- 6.0L V8 ~360hp
Z/28- 6.2L V8 ~430hp
SS- 6.2L S/C V8 ~500-600hp

What do you think?

frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
These things have been discussed in other threads, along with potential prices for each. It keeps getting said around here 'the search button is your friend'.
Aside from that, I do not expect to see 5 different engines, or at least 5 different power levels for the engines
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I don't think we'll see an "LTZ" trim, that's usually reserved for the 'luxury'-end of passenger vehicles, but it's a possibility. Maybe a couple LT trims - and then Z/28, possibly SS (right off)...then later the special edition/super Camaro. God only knows what hp we'll see...
Old 09-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Read my signature...

PS like your sig, <-- LPU member
Old 09-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
BRNLKY2

Drives: Yukon Denali
Designer claims three engines......

They better not have 2 v-6 engines for this car. You want three engines; Camaro RS gets a v-6, Camaro Z-28 gets the LS2, Camaro SS gets the LS3. This should not be a car for family based, middle aged women who are tying to hold on to some false self image they hold of themselves. If GM turns this into a bitch car I will have officially lost what little,if any, respect I have for Bob Lutz. Hey Bobbie, you are 5 years late to the ball, you better make a hell of an entrance when you finally show up.
BRNLKY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRNLKY2 View Post
They better not have 2 v-6 engines for this car. You want three engines; Camaro RS gets a v-6, Camaro Z-28 gets the LS2, Camaro SS gets the LS3. This should not be a car for family based, middle aged women who are tying to hold on to some false self image they hold of themselves. If GM turns this into a bitch car I will have officially lost what little,if any, respect I have for Bob Lutz. Hey Bobbie, you are 5 years late to the ball, you better make a hell of an entrance when you finally show up.
Hellofa first post there. Welcome to the site, and I feel that we need not worry that this becomes a 'girly car', though it may attract the ladies . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Quote:
…This should not be a car for family based, middle aged women who are tying to hold on to some false self image they hold of themselves…
Whoa! If I resembled 2 out of 3 of those comments, I would have to hunt you down and… well, nevermind!

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #8
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Wow! Well, welcome.

But please remember that, if this doesn't appeal to families, then it's not going to sell. If it doesn't sell, then it'll be killed, if it's killed then nobody will have respect for GM...

Don't worry, there will be 2 V6's. That's the only item I've seen all the execs agree on. the v6's WILL apeal to families, and young people (women, and men included). And we will have our V8. it'll be fun...it'll be scary...and Camaro will live again!

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that this isn't going to be an enthusiast's car. It'll give us what we want, but the bulk of Camaro sales will rely on those who want V6's. And offering 2 v6 variations will even more broadly appeal to those folks...
Old 09-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #9
Power Junkie
GM give me my fix please!

Drives: 95 Toyota GT4
Location: England.. aka the EU's whipping boy!!! (but not for much longer, hopefully)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
...then later the special edition/super Camaro. God only knows what hp we'll see...
Ummmm stop your making me

It's a real git that i'm gonna have to wait, but it just means i can save up enough beer tokens to afford it / petrol for the wee beastie!!!
Power Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:34 PM   #10
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Junkie View Post
It's a real git that i'm gonna have to wait, but it just means i can save up enough beer tokens to afford it / petrol for the wee beastie!!!
Ha ha, I love it!
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham

I wanna make you drool more....30mpg....
Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
BRNLKY2

Drives: Yukon Denali
My bad......I tend to start at that line most people don't want to cross.

I realize to catch up with the "one horse show" they will have to sell alot of pinks and blues, but damn......if it won't stomp a mustang or challenger hands down, it will be like......well the CUBS going to the playoffs. Alot of people getting excited for nothing. I loved my 98' SS for the simple fact that I never worried about a Mustang at a stop light. I guess only time will tell. I hate leaving my happiness and bliss in the hands of Bob Putz. The GTO didnt fail because it was too expensive......It was ugly. It looked like a dodge avenger. My mom loved it, as did the rest of the soccer moms. A bad ass engine in a mid 90's Monte Carlo isnt going to sell to a generation of men that think round imports are crap. If you go back and look at the origional shop dwgs. for the GTO, it was damn similar to the camaro now. Would have been out the same time as the mustang, would have sold like crazy. Swap the front ends for the sister car, the camaro would have never left. Thank you Bob Putz for letting bean counters ruin a great American Car.
BRNLKY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
My bad......I tend to start at that line most people don't want to cross. No Big deal, we all tend to do it.

I realize to catch up with the "one horse show" they will have to sell alot of pinks and blues, but damn......if it won't stomp a mustang or challenger hands down, it will be like......well the CUBS going to the playoffs.
Oh, it will. "...Plant an old man's ass in the seat." ~fbodfather

...I loved my 98' SS for the simple fact that I never worried about a Mustang at a stop light.
That might be due in part to the fact it's an SS. Would you feel the same way if it was a V6 of the same year?

I guess only time will tell. I hate leaving my happiness and bliss in the hands of Bob Putz.
FYI, it's almost all thanks to him that Camaro is back...and we like him, 'Putz' doesn't sit well with me (but who am I?)
The GTO didnt fail because it was too expensive......It was ugly. It looked like a dodge avenger. My mom loved it, as did the rest of the soccer moms. A bad ass engine in a mid 90's Monte Carlo isnt going to sell to a generation of men that think round imports are crap. If you go back and look at the origional shop dwgs.
Not true. The GTO has been complimented on it's looks, by magazines, and car review sites alike. The onlything against it was that it probably could have gone without the "GTO" badge. Its problem was overpricing, and poor product placement. They miscalculated where the majority of the limitedly produced cars should go, so those who wanted to buy them, couldn't, and those who didn't want to, didn't. The Goat was a baddass car, and though my first impression was..."that's a GTO?":eek: I soon realized that the name doesn't make a car, the bottom line was that it flew!
Thank you Bob Putz for letting bean counters ruin a great American Car.
Again, that's not nice.
I couldn't help myself, the fingers just kept going, and going - even though I was biting my arm...:eek:
Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #14
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I couldn't help myself, the fingers just kept going, and going - even though I was biting my arm...:eek:
That's alright Dragon, somebody had to say it.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote