Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Taking my Peace Officers Written Exam (POST)

I am going through the application process to join the police academy here in Fresno. On Sunday I will be taking my POST exam, both written and physical. Any pointers for those of you who have already taken this exam?
How difficult did you feel it was?
I am pretty nervous today lol
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Nervous is Good makes you sharp. Good Luck..
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Thank you...hopefully it helpssss
Old 01-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGENT-006 View Post
I am going through the application process to join the police academy here in Fresno. On Sunday I will be taking my POST exam, both written and physical. Any pointers for those of you who have already taken this exam?
How difficult did you feel it was?
I am pretty nervous today lol
Questions are common sense. Not sure how Fresno is but mine was mostly common sense basic math, directions, spelling, and what would you do's. Don't sweat it. As long as you have a good head on your shoulders you will do fine. Drink lots of water between now and then. Eat healthy. If you want PM me and I will tell you my diets the weeks before police physical exams. A former Marine Sniper and current Police Lieutenant gave me this diet.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #5
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
If I could do it all over again, I would have been a cop.

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Most are common sense questions and how you would react to situations and how well you can spell. They will also probably give you words that you need to match to another word with the same meaning. I didn't think it was hard and passed easily but others may not think the same since there were several who didn't pass.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:45 AM   #7
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCamaro View Post

Good luck!
lmao wow...gee thanks haha
Old 01-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #8
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Questions are common sense. Not sure how Fresno is but mine was mostly common sense basic math, directions, spelling, and what would you do's. Don't sweat it. As long as you have a good head on your shoulders you will do fine. Drink lots of water between now and then. Eat healthy. If you want PM me and I will tell you my diets the weeks before police physical exams. A former Marine Sniper and current Police Lieutenant gave me this diet.
I will shoot you a message for sure!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
I took my POST exams 35 years ago.
The written covers everything you should already know. You can't really study for it. If you slept through high school, you will fail.
If you are young and fit, you will have no problem with the physical.
When applying for cop jobs, an AA/BA degree, prior military and fluent Spanish is a big plus.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I took my POST exams 35 years ago.
The written covers everything you should already know. You can't really study for it. If you slept through high school, you will fail.
If you are young and fit, you will have no problem with the physical.
When applying for cop jobs, an AA/BA degree, prior military and fluent Spanish is a big plus.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #11
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I've taken two, for two seperate agencies. One on the West Coast in 89, one in the Midwest in 2000...the second one when I was 40. If I can do that, you can! Most questions are common sense. Try not to second guess yourself. I find that the second answer is usually the wrong answer. Not always, but more times than not. Watching your diet is an excellent idea. Relax and breathe when taking the tests. Don't spend too much time on one question. Pace yourself. If you don't get it, go back. Sometimes on the second reading, something will click and you'll know it right away or you'll get a clue from another question that you've answered. If you feel you are running out of time and there's more questions to be answered, at least answer them quickly. It's better than leaving them unanswered. Try not to drink caffeine or have anything sugar related before your exam or physical. Like others have said, relax, stay calm and be positive. I've administered many tests as well as taken them and have found that everyones advice so far has been on target. Good luck!
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcandy View Post
I've taken two, for two seperate agencies. One on the West Coast in 89, one in the Midwest in 2000...the second one when I was 40. If I can do that, you can! Most questions are common sense. Try not to second guess yourself. I find that the second answer is usually the wrong answer. Not always, but more times than not. Watching your diet is an excellent idea. Relax and breathe when taking the tests. Don't spend too much time on one question. Pace yourself. If you don't get it, go back. Sometimes on the second reading, something will click and you'll know it right away or you'll get a clue from another question that you've answered. If you feel you are running out of time and there's more questions to be answered, at least answer them quickly. It's better than leaving them unanswered. Try not to drink caffeine or have anything sugar related before your exam or physical. Like others have said, relax, stay calm and be positive. I've administered many tests as well as taken them and have found that everyones advice so far has been on target. Good luck!
Okay I'll keep that in mind! As it gets closer the more nervous I get hahaha if I DNT pass this test..there isn't another academy until next January!
AGENT-006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #13
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCamaro View Post

Good luck!
HA....Ive been a cop for 10 years now....if i could do it all over again, i would have been a LandScaper!!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #14
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Thank u to everyone who gave me the tips..I took my test yesterday and left feeling very confident about how I did
Can't wait to get my results back..time to play the waiting game.