Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearcamaro View Post
Sorry but I am raising the flag on the statement in bold print above until more info is posted. Must be on Mommy and Daddy's insurance???
im 20 and i pay WAY more then that on my OWN policy
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #16
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearcamaro View Post
Sorry but I am raising the flag on the statement in bold print above until more info is posted. Must be on Mommy and Daddy's insurance???
No offense to the dude who posted this, but I'll bet $100 that you're on Mom and Dad's policy. I'll bet another $20 that your name is not on the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
im 20 and i pay WAY more then that on my OWN policy
My father co-signed for me as I don't have a long enough credit history, but if he hadn't I think I was quoted like $650 every 6 months - and that's with a perfect driving record.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
No offense to the dude who posted this, but I'll bet $100 that you're on Mom and Dad's policy. I'll bet another $20 that your name is not on the title.

My father co-signed for me as I don't have a long enough credit history, but if he hadn't I think I was quoted like $650 every 6 months - and that's with a perfect driving record.
Maybe we should focus on the OP's question and not who is on what policy
Old 02-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
soo went to this dealer today and i found some very informative information the two days ive been on this site and decided on my camaro i will be getting. for those who dont know this is my first car and i am barely the legal age to drive lol.

anyways more then likely sealing a deal for a 2010 camaro lt1 or 2 (anyway to tell the difference?) im not sure. for 21k, its a v6 mannual and i will be having some fun in it

so,
i dont want a v8 cause im only 16 and insurance rates where pretty high. BUTTTT...i want to put money into this car to add horses too it and make it sound almost as sexy as a v8 when i accelerate and what not. what are some of the best and common upgrades to the camaros and what do they cost? ive heard of getting some high perfomance headers and what not but im a newby to this stuff lol and need some help on any ups that are affordable and will make my soon to be hopefully camaro sound better (in a good way) and add alittle bit more power.

thanks a bunch c5!!!!
welcome to the C5 community!

there are a lot of mods out there and i understand what your getting at. of course you can't make a 6 sound like an 8...but you don't want a p***y sounding 6 either. you want it to sound like it has balls. well, you're in luck. check out the exhaust threads as there are numerous posts that will give you an idea of what you're looking for. of course, you need to have some good speakers and a sub (logitech makes good computer speakers) to get the full effect. MRT and ARC have been the most popular if your're looking for loud.

in addition to that, a CAI by either Vararam, Injen or Rotofab are popular and also change the sound noticeably. if an exhaust and intake aren't enough, then shortie or long tube headers will complete the finishing touches to the sound you desire. long tube (LT's) will require a tune to remove the check engine light...fyi. most anything beyond that is performance based. also, trifecta, in addition to the performance tune, has what is called a "ghost tune" which gives your car the distinct CAM lope sound.

the prices vary from a couple hundred to over $1,000, so shopping around is you're best bet. also, check the classified forum http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135 as you'll find guys who are selling used/new parts...usually cheaper. just make sure you always check their price against any other vendor's price.

CAI, headers, and exhaust will get your car sounding good...but it's going to take some research on your part to find exactly what you want. most everything has been tried on here between different mufflers and X pipes/perforated X pipes or H pipes, and CAT delete...so if you have a question on something that hasn't been posted...just ask.

KMPregner keeps this sticky up to date...so check it out as there are many variations of the sound you're looking for, if not already the one you want.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104

good luck and welcome (oh wait...you're to young for that)...