Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #57
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypuppysirius View Post
did you ever have a chance to get a video with the ex pipe???

Not yet. Been enjoying my driving to much to go and get another video. Hoping to do that tomorrow.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #58
mypuppysirius

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey V6
Thanks! I'm most likely going to go with your same set up. It just sounds like you had my same concerns and are satisfied now. I have the mrt v2 and have been researching headers over and over again, but i'm just very worried about rasp. I really don't want the camaro to sound like a civic. It just sounds sooo good right now the the mrt v2, i'd hate to spend a lot more and end up ruining that sound... (even though the obvious reason for headers is more power
Old 02-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #59
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Thanks! I'm most likely going to go with your same set up. It just sounds like you had my same concerns and are satisfied now. I have the mrt v2 and have been researching headers over and over again, but i'm just very worried about rasp. I really don't want the camaro to sound like a civic. It just sounds sooo good right now the the mrt v2, i'd hate to spend a lot more and end up ruining that sound... (even though the obvious reason for headers is more power

You sound exactly like what I kept saying. I did not want to lose my MRT sound. After adding the X pipe, I only enhanced that sound. I don't hear rasp. I hear pure enjoyment.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #60
mypuppysirius

you have me sold!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #61
mypuppysirius

so i don't know if i'm just blind (i've read every post on this thread 3 times now haha) or i saw it on another thread, but did you have a list somewhere of everything you purchased?? And where you got it from?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #62
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
you have me sold!

Old 03-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #63
TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray Camaro
Quick question rtcat, i ended up going with bbk headers, very happy with them, but my question is; when you first added your OBX headers did you get a lot of vibration on the cold start??? And if so, did the magna flow x pipe help with that???

There is a lot of vibration on my cold start. Its defiantly not a deal breaker, but if the x pipe maybe toned that down without lowering the exhaust tone too much, i might get one.

Thanks for your time!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #64
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl View Post
Quick question rtcat, i ended up going with bbk headers, very happy with them, but my question is; when you first added your OBX headers did you get a lot of vibration on the cold start??? And if so, did the magna flow x pipe help with that???

There is a lot of vibration on my cold start. Its defiantly not a deal breaker, but if the x pipe maybe toned that down without lowering the exhaust tone too much, i might get one.

Thanks for your time!

Np on the question. I don't recall how much vibration there was at the beginning. But I can tell you there is still some vibration even after the X pipe. Nothing that seems out of the ordinary. It always seemed to idle strong at cold start up.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #65
TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl

Awesome. Thanks for your input! Again, it's not too bad, there is just one little rattle that i i can tell is something that's loose that i need to figure out, then i'll be as happy as can be.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #66
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks for your input! Again, it's not too bad, there is just one little rattle that i i can tell is something that's loose that i need to figure out, then i'll be as happy as can be.

Did you use factory gaskets? May want to check that this are not rattling on the headers. Did you use the factory heat shields, those could be rattling around too.

I had to bend the drivers gasket to clear the headers better. I did not use the factory heat shields.

Other thing could be the whole system rattling just enough to heat the factory heat shield by the drive shaft.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #67
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:

Thanks for your time!
When I first read your question I thought you meant the motor or the whole car was vibrating on start up but after reading the replies........I did have a "buzzing" sound like the header was rattling up against the factory heat shield under the body. It would happen the most at cold start but would also do it while accelerating, (more often when still cold). It was pretty annoying.
It finally went away by itself.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #68
TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl

That's nice to hear BSR-1...

Hopefully whatever it is it will just rattle its self off the car haha
Old 08-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #69
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Very nice install op, but I'm debating on to either do OBX bc the price is better and results are about the same between LT's. But OBX's don't come with HFC's right? I'm not sure if that's a deal breaker or not
Old 08-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #70
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
Very nice install op, but I'm debating on to either do OBX bc the price is better and results are about the same between LT's. But OBX's don't come with HFC's right? I'm not sure if that's a deal breaker or not

Correct no HFC's