Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #15
ClarityCamaro

Drives: 2013 black zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
That's the Seibon ST trunk with molded spoiler, I fell in love with it when I saw it on a members car on here.

They are supposed to be clear coated already, I've seen one (which was only one case) that became yellow but worst case scenario could always have a body shop put extra sealant on it. I never worried about it yellowing since I was going to have it painted (currently in the process).
That makes sense. I'm leaving all my bodyparts carbon fiber I'm about to get the seibon carbon fiber body kit. I bought the vis ams hood. Now i'm either going to purchase that trunk. Or i want it to look like this. Do you know what material this is?
Attached Images

ClarityCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:47 PM   #16
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarityCamaro View Post
Wow that is really nice! I love that trunk! Which one is that exactly? Also I've heard carbon fiber tends to yellow over time. Does the carbon fiber come with a clear coat already?
All full carbon fiber items will fade and get a chalky look to it. The hood on my GTI would need to be wet sanded and clear coated every two years.
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:48 PM   #17
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarityCamaro View Post
That makes sense. I'm leaving all my bodyparts carbon fiber I'm about to get the seibon carbon fiber body kit. I bought the vis ams hood. Now i'm either going to purchase that trunk. Or i want it to look like this. Do you know what material this is?
That looks like 3m vinal wrap.
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:01 PM   #18
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainEnvelopes View Post
That looks like 3m vinal wrap.
I think it's suppose to be the same as the stripes in the front of the hood. But not sure. I think i might just do that to my trunk instead of getting carbon fiber. But not sure yet.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:25 PM   #19
ClarityCamaro

There is a close up of the vinyl wrap on the hood.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #20
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
I've never seen the combo of real carbon and then matte carbon wrap on top of it before. To me looks like too much is going on, but let us know what you decide on!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #21
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
I've never seen the combo of real carbon and then matte carbon wrap on top of it before. To me looks like too much is going on, but let us know what you decide on!
Well the thing is if i don't use the carbon fiber viny that are on the stripes. Then i won't be able to wrap my factory trunk. I am going to wrap the trunk and leave the spoiler white. So i am in need of that carbon fiber. Because i think i am going to do it that way. So i can use that vinyl wrap on my roof and trunk as well. Or do you think that would look tacky with a real cf hood and not trunk? Or will the vinyl work?
Old 01-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #22
Aequitas & Veritas

To me, I don't think I'd like a real cf hood and then just a wrapped trunk. Like with the 1LEs I'm not a fan of the stand alone black hood, seems out of place. But that is just me and my opinion.

However, it's not my car, which is key. I would still try it if you think you want to go that route since vinyl can easily be taken off again if you don't like it.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #23
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
To me, I don't think I'd like a real cf hood and then just a wrapped trunk. Like with the 1LEs I'm not a fan of the stand alone black hood, seems out of place. But that is just me and my opinion.

However, it's not my car, which is key. I would still try it if you think you want to go that route since vinyl can easily be taken off again if you don't like it.
This is true. However. I won't just have a CF hood, I will have a whole body kit that is carbon fiber. Front lip, Side skirts, And the rear peace all CF. To match my CF hood, But i am just uncertain of the trunk if that will be to much. I like the way the rear looks on the camaro previously posted.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #24
Aequitas & Veritas

Go for it!

If you get everything and then the trunk looks out of place you can always change it later